Jackbooted Thugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackbooted Thugs

I know tensions are high. I know there's a curfew in effect, but...

If you fire (even pepper / paintball rounds) at someone on their porch (in most states considered part of the dwelling) don't be surprised when people fire back, and they won't be using paintballs. You will likely have violated Castle Doctrine and the 4th Amendment.

To me this is beyond the Pale. How the officers involved could think this is acceptable is beyond me. I don't care how many times you yell "get inside", if you're on your property in your dwelling or curtilage not interfering with them, this is wrong. The Guard has denied it was one of their men.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/minne...043505064.html
    https://twitter.com/tkerssen/status/1266921821653385225

Here's to hoping that cooler heads prevail and that justice is done before people respond in kind to Jackbooted thugs.

Right on point Buckshot00 , the police of Minneapolis started this by committing outright murder and now we have people on their own porch being fired at. Police violence is real, I believe it comes with the fact that our police force looks more like storm troopers than police officers anymore. Yes I realize some areas are real battle zones and it’s a dangerous job but how many time are we going to see police brutality before we all say to much. Four officers on the scene and not one spoke up to say get off him he’s subdued ! That’s the most disturbing part of all this, it was complicit with all the officers there.
    I’m also confused ( not at all ) how wanting justice for George Floyd means looting and burning . Does the fact you just took a TV help you with closure. I also notice they pick the right neighborhoods to Vandalize . We all know a lot of places in this country that wouldn’t play out so well.

Comment

That is sick! I would be moving out of that city in a hurry. What is wrong with those LEOs. At my house right now I'm armed and have several long guns positioned where they are readily available. What a world, bad guys in blue, bad guys looting, its going to get worse looks like!

Comment

Despite the badge, cuffs and uniform, cops are "just people", too!
        They all put their uniform on just like everyone else gets dressed, one leg at a time.
        Unfortunately, the human condition doesn't recognize badge, cuffs OR uniform.
        Cops are subject to the same foibles as any other human "bean"!
        Stupidity and mob mentality aren't rioter/looter exceptions.

Comment

Not sure I trust huffpo as a reliable source. Having said that, whoever was firing any type of projectile at people on their own porch (if it did in fact happen), is lucky he did not receive some return fire.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
            Not sure I trust huffpo as a reliable source. Having said that, whoever was firing any type of projectile at people on their own porch (if it did in fact happen), is lucky he did not receive some return fire.
            Damn straight !

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
              With this kind of police behavior , with this kind of ability to stop the looting and violence in the streets ? We are going to surrender our rights to own firearms and protect ourselves? I think not !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

With this kind of police behavior , with this kind of ability to stop the looting and violence in the streets ? We are going to surrender our rights to own firearms and protect ourselves? I think not !!
                With the kind of enforcement response that is being shown (not) to stop the riots, looting, burning and overall criminal activity, the ‘doers’ are gaining more confidence in their actions and will be very difficult to now bring into control. And heaven forbid if there is a similar action in the future. These people do not understand complacency, only the ‘heel of the boot’ and nothing less !! Your remark about giving up our guns under the actions of today’s thugs is spot on. We will be called on to defend ourselves in the future more than ever in the past. I am afraid there are some very bad times ahead of this country if the criminal element is not made to understand their actions have dire consequences !!

Comment

I'm willing to back up the LEs, but I'm not willing to take the sh#t they threw at those folks in Minneapolis on the porch. Personally, I'm willing to have a 1st Amendment moment with looters and rioters. Break into my house and I'll send you straight to hell!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                    I'm willing to back up the LEs, but I'm not willing to take the sh#t they threw at those folks in Minneapolis on the porch. Personally, I'm willing to have a 1st Amendment moment with looters and rioters. Break into my house and I'll send you straight to hell!
                    Some bakery owners in NY feel the same way!

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/...-say-about-it/

Comment

I disagree. I'm all for rights and all that but when half the cities are a riot zone it's may be a good time to give the police a lot of room. It's not too far from people pelting police with rocks to shooting a few hundred people. It happens in other countries all the time. The police are the folks legally given the right to use force at their discretion assuming they are acting legally. They've had a rough few days. I'd follow curfew orders in the first place. These US police show amazing restraint.

Comment

Is USA Today reputable enough?
                        https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ch/3123781001/

Granted we don't know what they were doing before or after, I don't find this behavior in anyway acceptable.

A FAQ document posted by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety says that individuals can be on their porch during curfew but says people must listen to officers' orders.

So now we have Public Safety making law onto themselves? It doesn't seem like the LEO involved knew people could be on their porch.

Btw... I was right. People started shooting back. Odd that he gets charged with attempted 2nd degree murder and assault but apparently LEO's are allowed to fire "marking" rounds indescriminately.
                        https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...apolis-police/

Comment

It appears quite evident that Minneapolis is in the situation that it is because of a demorat mayor who allowed the issue to go too far by keeping the police force at bay. Rioters gained too much confidence in their ability tp pursue their desire to loot, burn and to just be the criminals that they are ! The current justice reform policy of the demorat party is totally to blame ! Criminals and punks do not do well with reform, they only take advantage of it to their benefit. But then of course, it is the damn whites that caused these animals to be uneducated and to revert back to the jungle........really ?

Comment

# 1 Bubba writes "but I'm not willing to take the sh#t they threw at those folks in Minneapolis on the porch."
                            No, and no one else should be willing, either. ROE-rounds fired in my direction WILL be answered by accurate and possibly lethal return fire.
                            Buckshot posted-Is USA Today reputable enough?
                            https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ch/3123781001/
                            Well, when you have two sources, saying the same thing, I think that is very likely what happened. Just for the record, I would have probably just gone inside, depending on the tone the request was expressed in. However, if those folks were in compliance, and on their own property, that LEO was way over the line. Minneapolis has a reputation for that, anyway. Under the Castle Doctrine, which basically says: "when the actor reasonably fears imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm to him or herself or another". That LEO did make them fear serious bodily injury, and was technically trespassing when he fired a paintball onto their porch. An attorney could make a very good case for self defense.

Comment

"... # 1 Bubba writes "but I'm not willing to take the sh#t they threw at those folks in Minneapolis on the porch." ..."

T'weren't me McGee!
                              That be lab12, mi amigo! LOL!

First most, I ain't gonna be sittin' on no porch in any city! Too damn much racket!
                              Secondly, if in sittin' on my porch here in the country, rest assured there'll be some serious firepower at hand.
                              Come by my front porch shootin' at me and badge or no badge, I'll be shootin' back!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Medicaid Comes to Oklahoma
                                by rock rat
                                OK Angus, you got me there. No argument about the schools.

"​​​​​​government run daycare that teaches kids what to think...
                                Today, 09:35 PM
                              • Medicaid Comes to Oklahoma
                                by rock rat
                                A little mentioned ballot measure passed in Oklahoma. Medicaid Expansion as it's called.

I've forgotten the details, and apologies if I...
                                07-01-2020, 11:02 PM
                              • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                by rock rat
                                CRM what you say makes a lot of sense, and the number of tests has doubled in 21 days as have the number of people testing positive. There's one more...
                                Today, 09:26 PM
                              • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
                                06-24-2020, 08:09 PM
                              • Reply to Either Way...
                                by fitch270
                                We've been keeping a better inventory on things and have whittled down on "old stock" that's been sitting on the pantry shelves and in the freezer....
                                Today, 09:17 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X