No evidence coronavirus lockdowns saved lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No evidence coronavirus lockdowns saved lives

Tucker Carlson: There's no evidence coronavirus lockdowns saved lives. Mass quarantines may have killed people
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...-killed-people

"But for now, here's what you need to know and what they're not going to tell you. There is, as of now, precisely no evidence that the lockdowns in America saved lives anywhere. In fact, it's possible that mass quarantines killed people.

"Researchers at JPMorgan compared the coronavirus infection rates of all 50 U.S. states and many European countries before and after the mass quarantines. Overall, ending the lockdowns was associated with a slower spread of the virus.

"Did you hear that? Ending the lockdowns slowed the spread of the virus or was associated with a slower spread. Amazing. For some reason, that study has not received a lot of attention. Maybe you shouldn't be surprised by that.

Seriously I wish I could be a scientist and do studies just so I could be one of the biggest B.S.tter in the world. Gotta love how stupid some people are.

Comment

Fortunes are mad because people are stupid.
      i.e. Bernie Madoff

Comment

Hmmm, seems the scared old women don't have a comment on this one, lol! 😁

Comment

Let me phrase Tucker Carlson's observation another way, but equally valid:

There is no evidence that mass quarantines have killed people.
          Coronavirus lockdowns may have saved lives.

Comment

Actually, it is too early to say whether ending the lockdowns has been premature.
            Time will tell.

Comment

JP Morgan, to ludicrous to comment. We have all the scientists in the world working on an issue and we should take medical advice from an investment bank. Yowza, give me a side of Clorox with that. "Scared old women" won't be me saying goodbye to family via Facetime LOL. Tucker Carlson, why not the ladies of The View? What does Whoopie got to say? Pig you are hilarious.

Comment

Riding the subway in NY or sitting in a apartment in NY was like being in a cruise ship. Living and working in the NY, NJ, Conn, Mass area was like being in a cruise ship. Being in a nursing home in the above areas was even worse than being in a cruise ship. Nursing homes weren't given masks, gowns and gloves, much less training, when infected seniors were sent to them to infect the elderly. They were given body bags though, so that's something.

Comment

99 and Rock Rat , I find it funny that you both take great joy in those who don’t buy into the madness. You both preach be safe first , proceed with caution nay terror of the unknown. Anyone who doesn’t believe as you both are idiots and why not your all about saying lives.
                  Wednesday another life was claimed by the Covid -19 virus . Since March 13th my mother was hospitalized for her chronic condition pulmonary fibrosis . A condition not of her making but a drug amiodarone given to her for Arrhythmia. Over the next five years it destroyed her lungs because her doctor did not blood test her for any signs that this drug may have had adverse effects on mom. Though we stop the medication after 18 months the damage was severely done and the correct diagnosis for the condition took over a year to figure out. All the test , in and out of the hospitals all the doctors couldn’t pick up the obvious . Fast forward to the past 3 months. My brother and I manage my mothers care, we had to! Every trip to the emergency room every hospital stay every nursing home rehab we had to be monitored , same old routine. Your mother has trouble breathing .... dah ! Yes this really went on, the fact is we knew more about her fragile condition than the doctors did. So back in January mom fell and broke her hip , we worried she would not survive the surgery but she did, tough as nails she started rehab and a pain threshold off the charts her will to live was off the charts. She was supposed to come home from rehab 3/14 then the Covid-19 shutdown.
                  My brother and I both worried that because we could not visit and Care could not be monitored she would be in the hospital again because even though she was in a four star facility they really don’t care and staff is apathetic. She ended up being sent back to the hospital and hospice called in, the hospital refused treatment . They said if we can’t cure her why treat her and sent her home to die. They had my brother pick her up and he took her to another hospital . Jennersville hospital took her and admitted her , my brother and I stayed with her as she told us how she had eaten in two days and all she needed was the her bypap treatment . That was the last day I talked to my mother, the last time I heard her voice ! My brother and I left the hospital at 10:20 that night p.m. Mom went into respiratory arrest 45 minutes later. Recall back into the hospital we found her ventilated and sedated . For a week she remain ventilated every day the doctor calling and saying to us that we should remove the ventilator and let her die peacefully. Every day not listening To us both telling them that was not her wish. They had a bunch of covid 19 patients coming in and they wanted those ventilators. Mom was just an old woman of no use so put her down. Then they told us our only option was to trach and Peg her and she would be shipped to a facility that would wean her off the trach. So that was the option we took and she remarkably came back to life.
                  So just when we can help her with her recovery the state of Pennsylvania shut down. Hospitals will not allow us to visit her it was a risk you know. A risk to two men who have kept her alive by not bringing in any outside contamination for four years. You know we’re dumb we need the government to tell us how to be safe. So they shipped mom to Harrisburg Pa for rehab. We had a close rehab to us Saint Francis Hospital in Wilmington Delaware. It’s funny they would not take her because they were worried about incoming Covid cases. My great grandfather was the one who started the hospital so Catholic Irish Americans could be treated. Oh yeah the Irish were treated poorly in the past. Mom does very well in Harrisburg that at least we can FaceTime her and have some sort of visit. Mom had a setback in Harrisburg because they were pushing her rehab too hard. Not that they wanted to do it but they were on a time parameters. You know we can get you better but you got to do it cost effectively. Anyway it was decided that the remaining benefit she had her treatment needed to go to a nursing facility that specializes in trach patients. So a three hour trip to Hagerstown Maryland and mom started all over again. No FaceTime there no zoom no way to talk to her for over a week!
                  I called and got updates and they told me that she was doing good coming along nicely. I asked if we could set up FaceTime so we could talk to her even though she can’t talk with the trach we could at least see her. They said they had zoom and I said that’s no problem I do zoom meetings every week and I will set it up. Three hours later my brother gets call your mother is not doing well you need to come down with your brother and discuss her treatment. Wednesday morning we drove to Hagerstown Maryland about two hours away and found her mother unresponsive. They told us no one lives forever and she passed away two hours later. Alone without any family support ,senseless because of a fear . Fear of the unknown, if we don’t do this shutdown we will kills thousands .
                  You guys kill me, you make fun of anyone who doesn’t agree but the truth is the shut down is killing thousands. We have people dying alone we have people like my mother who would be here today if only they had a visitor or family member to monitor their care. The medical field does not care it’s a job, insurance money and just apathetic attitude reduce the medical care in this country to a business. Mom lived her life correctly paid her taxes plan for her future had all the insurance that you may need in your later life. Model citizens both my parents were but when it comes down to it they were just a chart ! No one cared that mom wanted to live worked hard to live and did none of this to herself to deserve it.
                  This pandemic or should I say so-called pandemic it’s a farce. Yes people die because of it and in spite of it. We have governors making decrees that we should wear mask, not go anywhere etc! I see people walking around with bandannas for mask and it’s proven by clinical knowledge that it does not work and they’re completely ineffective. We know this but it’s legal? Really 99,Rock rat! The thing is you to trolls are out there just being wise asses because you know so much more than the rest of us, you don’t ! I know no one who has died of Covid19 I do however know many people who have died in the past couple of months of heart attacks respiratory ailments And overdoses. Opioid overdose is our real pandemic, two guys who went to school with my sons have passed away in the past week.
                  Let me finish by saying that people do die quarantine or not. I find it funny this is the first time this countries has ever reacted this way and I can’t help but think it’s an election year. Yes people will die and time will tell if it worked or not. I will however make a prediction that had injured the economy so bad people are going to be out of work , people are gonna lose their homes and people who deserve to live are going to die. I don’t forgive one of you cautious bastards because you hate Trump so bad you would destroy this country and it’s people. This is the biggest farce on the American public since the oil embargo of the early 70’s !

Comment

Pm, sorry to hear about your mom. This is a bad time for everyone. The supposed experts haven't covered themselves with glory by any means. 80% of the counties in the country have had 2 deaths or less. It appears as though this may go down in history as the biggest oops ever. People have died all over the world that would not have if we had steered a different course. Again, my condolences from a fellow Pennsylvanian.

Comment

pmacc60, deepest condolences on the loss of your mother.
                      I sincerely hope that this insane world will allow you and family to say your goodbyes in a proper manner.
                      God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                        pmacc60, deepest condolences on the loss of your mother.
                        I sincerely hope that this insane world will allow you and family to say your goodbyes in a proper manner.
                        God bless.
                        They will not FB , I wonder do I have skin in the game! Thank you for your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                          Pm, sorry to hear about your mom. This is a bad time for everyone. The supposed experts haven't covered themselves with glory by any means. 80% of the counties in the country have had 2 deaths or less. It appears as though this may go down in history as the biggest oops ever. People have died all over the world that would not have if we had steered a different course. Again, my condolences from a fellow Pennsylvanian.
                          Thank you for your thoughts

Comment

PMACC60, I'm so sorry about your mother passing and in the way it happened. I lost my Mom 5 years ago to a brain tumor but thankfully she didn't suffer for very long. Losing her was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through.

I'm in so much agreement with the assessment of what's been going on with the current craziness. Just a couple of days ago, we got a call from my stepdaughter. She apparently had suffered a mild heart attack. Having severe chest pain, she'd driven herself to the local emergency room. PigHuntress rushed there, just in case she could add support but of course, the state health ordinances don't allow for hospital visitors. After tests and an overnight stay, they sent our daughter home to recover in isolation, pending the results of the Covid-19 test. Apparently, the virus can cause heart damage and they suspect that to be the cause... never mind that she's 46 and has smoked all of her adult life. If she's positive, she'll be ordered into official quarantine for 14 days of house arrest.

Comment

PMACC -
                              I am truly sorry about the loss of your mother, despite your valiant efforts to save her.
                              Take comfort in the knowledge that you and your brother did all you could, and that she is in a better place.
                              Erin go bragh!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wildebeest rug
                                by Happy Myles
                                Many fine eating animals are found in Africa, including Springbuck. Gerenuk is among my favorites along with Lesser kudu. As a matter of fact, all the...
                                Today, 01:51 PM
                              • Wildebeest rug
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                My daughter put in the request for wildebeest hide for my safari last year. Her man wasn't particularly crazy about it so I brought it home last week....
                                06-04-2020, 07:59 PM
                              • Reply to Jackbooted Thugs
                                by Buckshott00
                                "at what point is it quenched?"
                                When it turns to looting and burning. No one is questioning that BHR. What I'm asking you to realize...
                                Today, 01:35 PM
                              • Jackbooted Thugs
                                by Buckshott00
                                I know tensions are high. I know there's a curfew in effect, but...

If you fire (even pepper / paintball rounds) at someone on their porch...
                                06-01-2020, 02:37 AM
                              • Reply to Jackbooted Thugs
                                by Buckshott00
                                We can agree on all those things or none of them. The beauty of love our country is that even if you accept the current Pres. anyone can still disagree...
                                Today, 01:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X