Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In his more recent rallies, however, most of the audience can be seen wearing face masks.
    They seem to be valuing their lives over their popularity since the death of Herman Cain from COVID-19 contracted at the Tulsa rally.

    Comment


    • rock rat - just more fear mongering

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rock rat View Post
        How badly did Trump handle Covid? In Singapore, which took action immediately, Covid has killed 4.79 people per million. In the US, Covid has killed 597.07 people per million. https://statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/
        It must be remembered, there is one big difference in culture and diversity versus Singapore and the USA . The people in America can be told what to do concerning the virus, but if they do not obey, what is to be done about it? It is not the government that is at fault, it is the people. How would/will biden make the people follow his guide line any better, he is still talking to the same people !! Trying to make the virus a political issue is totally incorrect, the people will do as they wish !

        Comment


        • For one thing, Pres. Trump discouraged people from following medical advice to protect themselves.
          As president, Joe Biden would encourage people to follow medical advice.
          Donald Trump was and is more concerned about the economy than public safety.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rock rat View Post
            How badly did Trump handle Covid? In Singapore, which took action immediately, Covid has killed 4.79 people per million. In the US, Covid has killed 597.07 people per million. https://statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/
            Fauci was misleading Trump. Don't worry, it is nothing he would say, it will pass, all the time with that shit ass grin on his face. I never trusted him from the get go, Redfield is in the same camp. The entire scientific community is/was working against Trump. To top it off, Fauci and Bill Gates donated money to the Wuhan Lab.
            Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-27-2020, 04:54 PM.

            Comment



            • "Fauci's statements were made long before much was known about the virus. He would soon change his position, warning that coronavirus was a major threat to public health and urging Americans to adopt a series of practices, like mask-wearing and social isolation, to slow the spread of the virus. In the meantime, the President who had refused to be seen wearing a mask until recently, spoke of the virus magically disappearing and advocated for unproven treatments and gathered thousands at a campaign rally in defiance of public health advice.

              "Note the difference between Fauci and Trump: One man, a dedicated public servant, offered his best analysis and, when new data emerged, corrected himself without hesitation so that lives might be saved. The other dug in to a don't-worry-about it position and has refused to budge as the passing months have led the US to become the leading global hotspot."

              https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/13/opini...nio/index.html
              Last edited by 99explorer; 09-27-2020, 05:10 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

                Fauci was misleading Trump. Don't worry, it is nothing he would say, it will pass, all the time with that shit ass grin on his face. I never trusted him from the get go, Redfield is in the same camp. The entire scientific community is/was working against Trump. To top it off, Fauci and Bill Gates donated money to the Wuhan Lab.
                In today's world, if you're on the Gov't teat, you agree or go away.
                Guys like Redfield and Fauci are those guys that didn't have the "chutzpah" to make it in the high wage private sector.
                Next best is the Gov't sector where you get a good paycheck, good retirement, never get fired over stupid mistakes and you're job "Numero Uno" is to flash your fancy diploma and read Gov't bureaucrats transcripts back to them.
                ...and WHATEVER you do, DO NOT show up a bureaucrat!
                That WILL get you the axe!
                No other Gov't agency will touch you and you will never earn more than a $150k in the private sector.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

                  It must be remembered, there is one big difference in culture and diversity versus Singapore and the USA . The people in America can be told what to do concerning the virus, but if they do not obey, what is to be done about it? It is not the government that is at fault, it is the people. How would/will biden make the people follow his guide line any better, he is still talking to the same people !! Trying to make the virus a political issue is totally incorrect, the people will do as they wish !
                  Most of the cases in Singapore were foreign "guest" workers. Bangladeshi, some Filipinos, etceteras. They live in dorms, when they did get sick no on cared until it became obvious the virus would overwhelm the hospitals and also spread into the general population. At first the virus was totally contained by intensive contact tracing and immediate isolation and assistance when identified.

                  Many fever checks everywhere, when detected the person would be taken to a fever clinic and anything they needed from home would be fetched for them, they would await the virus test at the clinic usually results in a few hours, then either off to a covid isolation ward or another test if negative. I have a long time friend who is a native Singaporean and a biological researcher there.

                  I don't know that Biden will do much better. Some of course, he'll at least recognise the virus as being a serious thing, but greater than that it's our system. Trump is kind of a blow hard but someone like him should never be able to disrupt the entire system. Trump is not really at fault, we are for allowing a system to exist that is able to work so poorly.

                  Covid is not so bad, fatality rates are low. If left unchecked it would only kill a couple million or so, and mostly elderly non productive members of society. Maybe 5 million due to shutting down health care system.

                  The next one could be much worse.

                  Personally I'm leaning more towards voting for Trump, for other reasons. I've been on the fence, we'll have to see what happens when the ballot gets here, I discuss with my wife who is non political too.

                  Comment


                  • Just more fear mongering.

                    Comment


                    • Rock - I don't see how you can acknowledge the damage Trump has done, and consider giving him four more years.
                      I believe this tax thing is going to blow him out of the water, finally exposing him as a complete phony.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rock rat View Post

                        Most of the cases in Singapore were foreign "guest" workers. Bangladeshi, some Filipinos, etceteras. They live in dorms, when they did get sick no on cared until it became obvious the virus would overwhelm the hospitals and also spread into the general population. At first the virus was totally contained by intensive contact tracing and immediate isolation and assistance when identified.

                        Many fever checks everywhere, when detected the person would be taken to a fever clinic and anything they needed from home would be fetched for them, they would await the virus test at the clinic usually results in a few hours, then either off to a covid isolation ward or another test if negative. I have a long time friend who is a native Singaporean and a biological researcher there.

                        I don't know that Biden will do much better. Some of course, he'll at least recognise the virus as being a serious thing, but greater than that it's our system. Trump is kind of a blow hard but someone like him should never be able to disrupt the entire system. Trump is not really at fault, we are for allowing a system to exist that is able to work so poorly.

                        Covid is not so bad, fatality rates are low. If left unchecked it would only kill a couple million or so, and mostly elderly non productive members of society. Maybe 5 million due to shutting down health care system.

                        The next one could be much worse.

                        Personally I'm leaning more towards voting for Trump, for other reasons. I've been on the fence, we'll have to see what happens when the ballot gets here, I discuss with my wife who is non political too.
                        Rock Rat , you cant use other Countries as examples an especially oriental ones at that! I saw mask on two University of Delaware students back in February in the grocery store. They were from China, I found it interesting that they were so concerned about something that was in the news many miles and a ocean away . It’s their culture , it’s not ours ! There is the problem , here Democrat governors shut states down and the virus run rampant ! I remember Pennsylvania troopers at the state line turning back out of state cars! No one could do more than they did because this thing took off. There is so much more to come and there is damage done that will take years to recover from! Being shut in, loosing your business, families who can’t take care of loved ones who are in long term care ! Lives are lost because of Covid -19 policies as well! My wife has dealt with some of her residents going off the deep end because of loneliness ! Economy issues are coming , inflation , foreclosures etc! Joe Biden does not give answers only criticism , if Covid didn’t wasn’t around he would have to actually have to campaign. My mother passed away in May of this year, I nor my brother could visit her because of Covid shutting down the hospitals , nursing homes and care facilities . She died because of being alone and losing the will to live. A dear friend hasn’t saw his wife of 60 years in 6 months , they both are suffering of depression . 200,000 deaths don’t touch the damage . Joe Biden can’t fix it , Donald Trump couldn’t foresee it or stop it ! It’s something that we have to deal with and stop blaming Trump for! When I saw my mother the last time a ICU nurse yelled at me for not having on a gown . I had gloves and a mask on , this was back in March 19 of this year. The fear wasn’t getting or giving Covid but of mrsa ! They had no idea of how bad Covid -19 was then no one did and really still do not!

                        Comment


                        • PMac I'm sorry about your mom, that's a terrible side effect of the whole thing.

                          The reason the Chinese students were concerned in Feb was because the virus was already here then. In late Jan Wuhan realized how deadly it was, and everyone knew how many aircraft had left that city. By February it was worldwide, it takes a long time to spread widely enough to be noticable. By late February Chines national were flying home from around the world wearing full hazmat suits.

                          I think in another 5 months it will be mostly under control. Economically I've thought for a long time we are due for a re arranging. An economy built on service is not an economy. I'm a lot more hawkish on trade than Trump is. We have plenty of money to keep everyone fed and housed, we just need to do it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                            PMac I'm sorry about your mom, that's a terrible side effect of the whole thing.

                            The reason the Chinese students were concerned in Feb was because the virus was already here then. In late Jan Wuhan realized how deadly it was, and everyone knew how many aircraft had left that city. By February it was worldwide, it takes a long time to spread widely enough to be noticable. By late February Chines national were flying home from around the world wearing full hazmat suits.

                            I think in another 5 months it will be mostly under control. Economically I've thought for a long time we are due for a re arranging. An economy built on service is not an economy. I'm a lot more hawkish on trade than Trump is. We have plenty of money to keep everyone fed and housed, we just need to do it.
                            We are due for a rearranging , I have to admit that there are so many who know more than I about the issues. I do however listen to my customers who are in the big business world and I do know we need to manufacture in this country and stop sending jobs overseas ! One thing you cannot ignore is that both the Clinton and Obama administration sold us down the river to China. Trump has turned that tide some although he gets no credit for it! Joe Biden let business disappear from Delaware. GM, Chrysler , Valero , NVF MBNA, Hercules and the sale of DuPont company ! The DuPont company ...... the oldest biggest business in Delaware ! The Boxwood GM plant was rated number 2 in quality and production in the country only behind Detroit . The plant was set up for decades of future production. Why did Joe let this happen in his back yard. Rock Rat Joe Biden does not care about America, if he did then Delaware families would have jobs at these Plants making American products!

                            yes we have the money to feed and home our people and give them medical treatment as well. This country does that pretty well, my wife is the director of public housing in Pa . I also know it’s abused horribly ! People in the system know how to manipulate the system , man they run their cons! Lol when the pandemic started my wife’s buildings were given all kinds of food, donation like you couldn’t believe! The people didn’t want it, it got thrown away a lot sat until it was given to employees of HACC ! The needy they were to good to use it, I however was not ! Look I feel you on this but I see the reality of it as well ! I don’t know if anyone will have a answer to these problems but throwing money at it is not. I was told just tonight about a young woman I know who is a drug addict forged the paper work and got $13,000 in Covid money. She filed for unemployment and got the $600 a week. She blew it on drugs already ! Tax payers money shot through a needle!

                            Comment


                            • Most of the job losses in America can be laid at the feet of the D’s ! When NAFTA allowed big corporations to exit this country, they did not react slowly to the opportunity. The D’s had used businesses as a never ending money hole, higher and higher taxes. More and more restrictions. On top of that the unions were extracting the remaining monies with more and more demands on higher wages, many beyond what the ability of the workers called for ! When our politicians thru lobbyists got paid off to legislate NAFTA, the flood gates opened and jobs were gone ! Even now when relief money is being decided on, the D’s piss and moan that too much money is going to business, big and small. Just who do they think are the ones who employ people if not the ones they are bitching about ? Biden is certainly not the ‘silver bullet’ for this country !!!

                              Comment


                              • Rock, I take some issue with your post concerning the origin of the virus in America, and also other parts of the world. I flew out of America the 22nd of February, very little concerns at that time. When I arrived in Germany there was almost no mention of cases, concern of the future, yes. The city I am in has a population of some 200,000 and contacting the health department here, it was the end of March before cases were noticed and they only rose in a slow manner. Germany went on strict lowdown. Numbers remained low, until people started demonstrating about being unable to pursue normal activities and then numbers started to escalate quickly. Numbers in Germany for 3-4 months remained at an average of 500 a day. Then about 2 weeks ago a sharp rise to well over 1000 a day as people started returning from summer vacations to other countries. The country is now again assessing further lockdowns. This, and the fact that Detroit airport is closed to international traffic, is what has me confined here. Germany has the same problem with people not adhering to rules as the rest of the world......people will be people no matter where they live, and biden has no way of changing that fact !

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X