• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody who voted for Trump in 2016
    are going to vote for Joe Biden.

Keep America great Trump 2020

Comment

• Here is an interesting take on campaign advertising since the change in management at the Trump camp. SNAFU.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-halts-t...141658119.html

Comment

• Quite a few people might just not vote at all, instead of Trump. That's only half as bad as a complete switch but it's still bad, ask Hillary.

I certainly wouldn't count Trump out, polling is dismal, yes, but the conditions that elected Trump still exist, and I don't hear my party making any suggestions on how to alleviate those conditions, they are actually getting worse, and about to get much worse.

There are way too many illegal immigrants, and nothing has been done legislatively to fix the problem. Trump's much derided wall is actually a good idea. We need a solid barrier to foot traffic and an easy route for border patrol to patrol on. We also need e-verify, and a new set of rules for immigration and all the various work visas. The whole thing still remains to be fixed though Trump gets points for trying.

Minimum wages need to double in a hurry, and they should probably triple. I can't imagine the Republican Party supporting that, I can imagine Trump supporting an increase. Trump is not ideological.

Education and health care need to be "at no out of pocket cost" for everyone. While we're at it our universities are a mess of intersectionality and post modernism. I hope covid drives changes, most classes and degrees could be free over the net. People might start taking an interest in studying things with concrete benefits to society.

Covid is the worst thing that could have happened to Trump (that I can imagine) he can't bluster it away, he can't fib it away. He can demand his quislings say anything, but then there are the dead people.

Ever read Peggy Noonan? Her Challenger speech she wrote for Reagan is considered one of the best speeches ever given by a US politician. Her op eds are behind a pay wall but she has her own page. She convinced me we still need a functioning Republican party, but it does need reform. Trump is right about a lot of things, Republicans could stand to take notice. https://peggynoonan.com/

Comment

• So much better not hearing no nothing communist drivel from a failure and his sidekick 😂😂😂😂😂🤔💥💥💥💥😂😂😎😎😃🖕

Trump 2020

Comment

• It is, without a doubt, drivel! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by rock rat View Post
              Quite a few people might just not vote at all, instead of Trump. That's only half as bad as a complete switch but it's still bad, ask Hillary.

I certainly wouldn't count Trump out, polling is dismal, yes, but the conditions that elected Trump still exist, and I don't hear my party making any suggestions on how to alleviate those conditions, they are actually getting worse, and about to get much worse.

There are way too many illegal immigrants, and nothing has been done legislatively to fix the problem. Trump's much derided wall is actually a good idea. We need a solid barrier to foot traffic and an easy route for border patrol to patrol on. We also need e-verify, and a new set of rules for immigration and all the various work visas. The whole thing still remains to be fixed though Trump gets points for trying.

Minimum wages need to double in a hurry, and they should probably triple. I can't imagine the Republican Party supporting that, I can imagine Trump supporting an increase. Trump is not ideological.

Education and health care need to be "at no out of pocket cost" for everyone. While we're at it our universities are a mess of intersectionality and post modernism. I hope covid drives changes, most classes and degrees could be free over the net. People might start taking an interest in studying things with concrete benefits to society.

Covid is the worst thing that could have happened to Trump (that I can imagine) he can't bluster it away, he can't fib it away. He can demand his quislings say anything, but then there are the dead people.

Ever read Peggy Noonan? Her Challenger speech she wrote for Reagan is considered one of the best speeches ever given by a US politician. Her op eds are behind a pay wall but she has her own page. She convinced me we still need a functioning Republican party, but it does need reform. Trump is right about a lot of things, Republicans could stand to take notice. https://peggynoonan.com/
              RR, are you kidding - people may just sit home ? There is more interest and excitement in this Election than I have ever seen. I predict a massive turnout - mostly for Trump.

Comment

• Peggy Noonan? Former speechwriter for Reagan, but somehow got lost among the trees and took a hard left turn. Talk about drivel, some of her more recent pieces make honk the phony and whiny nine sound almost sane!

Comment

• CRM -
                  Could you expand a bit on that thought?
                  Your comments lately seem to be lacking in substance.

Comment

• Jim you are right in that Trump supporters are enthused, but Republicans are less than a third of the electorate, and anti Trump supporters might well be just as enthused. An incumbent election is about the incumbent, and that's Trump. I'd think he'd try for some kind of a vaccine in October but anything Covid is getting harder to fake all the time, I mean we've been there for 5 months.

Trump does have a ground game, last time he had none and Biden has none. Phone banking and canvasing drives voters to the polls. On the other hand Trump has been saying how bad mail in is, and plenty of his elderly voters aren't going to want to wait in the long Covid catching line.

For now Biden is laying low, as he should. Come election time he's either going to lose badly or he will start heading for the center, where do you think his natural place is. The Banksters and Wall Street will support their old buddy Joe. AOC and all the other far lefties will shut up and decide that Biden is slightly better than Trump.

Comment

• Here is an excerpt from a recent review of the tell-all books coming out about life in the Trump White House.

Trump likes to talk, the memoirists agree, and he does not like to listen.

He meanders from topic to topic, loops back around, adds new topics, repeats himself, boasts, mixes facts with fake facts, throws in his latest obsession, continuing on and on according to some labyrinthine stream-of-consciousness impulse in which whatever is on his mind is worthy of public utterance. He does this in rallies and at campaign events; he also does it in briefings, in one-on-one conversations and at policy meetings.

“I don’t use the word ‘conversation’ because the term doesn’t apply when one person speaks nearly the entire time,” Comey writes of the experience.

The presidential attention span

It is true that Trump successfully repeated the words “person, woman, man, camera, TV” on television in an effort to demonstrate the superiority of his mental acuity, but it is also true, the books argue, that he rarely reads, gets bored easily, is irritable and distracted, has trouble remembering complicated things, has no intellectual curiosity and is ignorant not just about his job but about things generally considered common knowledge.

With his short attention span, he is averse to learning anything at briefings if he finds the information difficult to follow, boring, or in contravention of what he already thinks. Staff members are told to stick to a single point and repeat it often, and to boil complex proposals down to a single page — or, better, a single paragraph. They are told not to present Trump with too-long briefing papers, lest he shout at them, or with too many slides, lest his eyes glaze over.

https://news.yahoo.com/trumpworld-gr...152334860.html

Comment

• Is Joe Biden reaching the point of no return mentally? That’s the word from Dan Bongino, who shared earlier today that he’s hearing from sources close to the situation that Joe Biden is worsening and that Democrats will have a decision to make soon.

For context see Joe Biden’s Brain Crashes So Thoroughly That It Spawns a New Meme and Joe Biden Blanks Out and Then Insults Martin Luther King In Disaster Public Comments for some examples of his latest mind melting moments.

Here’s Bongino’s post.

We’ve all seen how hard Biden’s campaign is working to hide his mental degradation. This is a guy who can’t give a short press conference without a list of hand chosen reporters to call on and detailed notes on how to answer basic questions. Absolutely nothing he does anymore is off the cuff, which is why said press conferences only happen ever three to four months. His speeches are short and even his most scripted moments are painful to watch. He’s been doing live streams from his basement and routinely forgets that he’s talking to a recording. Just the other day, he forgot where he was again, a very common theme from many of his public appearances.

There’s no question that his mind is going and that it is having a profound impact on his ability to campaign. Nothing has saved his presidential run more than coronavirus, which has provided a built in excuse to stay out of normal situations candidates usually face. Can you imagine what Biden would be like if he were expected to actually get out every day and campaign? It wouldn’t be pretty.

Given that, I suspect Bongino is on the money here. The only real question is whether the Democrats will try to ride this out through November or if they’ll make a move to a different nominee. The second option is likely difficult, as there’s noway Bernie Sanders would not accept being the nominee given he came in a solid second place. More importantly, there’s noway his super fans would accept that. The idea that Democrats could cast aside Biden and put up Elizabeth Warren or someone similar seems far-fetched to me.

That leads to me to what I think will happen. I think the Democrats simply ride this out. I think they are so arrogant that they believe Biden can win without having to debate and without having to actually campaign to any degree. But let’s say Biden goes on to win. Then what happens? It’s going to become evident soon enough to everyone that they were taken for a ride and handed a candidate incapable of doing the job simply to get rid of Trump. Will voters respond kindly to being deceived? Will they find it acceptable if there’s a bait and switch via whoever the Vice President is after the election? I have my doubts.

What I do know is that this is going to get ugly. If Bongino is right that Biden is rapidly getting worse and if I’m right that the Democrats will ride this out, it’s going to put us in a situation we’ve never faced before.

Comment

• Trump flotilla yesterday on Oneida lake what a blast.

Downside is the sunburn☹️

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            Here is an excerpt from a recent review of the tell-all books coming out about life in the Trump White House.

Trump likes to talk, the memoirists agree, and he does not like to listen.

He meanders from topic to topic, loops back around, adds new topics, repeats himself, boasts, mixes facts with fake facts, throws in his latest obsession, continuing on and on according to some labyrinthine stream-of-consciousness impulse in which whatever is on his mind is worthy of public utterance. He does this in rallies and at campaign events; he also does it in briefings, in one-on-one conversations and at policy meetings.

“I don’t use the word ‘conversation’ because the term doesn’t apply when one person speaks nearly the entire time,” Comey writes of the experience.

The presidential attention span

It is true that Trump successfully repeated the words “person, woman, man, camera, TV” on television in an effort to demonstrate the superiority of his mental acuity, but it is also true, the books argue, that he rarely reads, gets bored easily, is irritable and distracted, has trouble remembering complicated things, has no intellectual curiosity and is ignorant not just about his job but about things generally considered common knowledge.

With his short attention span, he is averse to learning anything at briefings if he finds the information difficult to follow, boring, or in contravention of what he already thinks. Staff members are told to stick to a single point and repeat it often, and to boil complex proposals down to a single page — or, better, a single paragraph. They are told not to present Trump with too-long briefing papers, lest he shout at them, or with too many slides, lest his eyes glaze over.

https://news.yahoo.com/trumpworld-gr...152334860.html
                            When I read things like that I say to myself "just how bad can Biden be?"

Comment

• Rock -
                              Yes, you have to ask yourself how we would manage under Trump if we found ourselves AT WAR!

Comment

• Speaking of war, here is another excerpt:

In “Too Much and Never Enough,” Mary Trump describes her uncle as “a savant of self-promotion” with a “delusional belief in his own brilliance and superiority” stemming from a bottomless insecurity that needs to be assuaged with a constant stream of ego-boosting compliments.

That is why the president often asserts that he is the best at everything.

“It was the most presidential act in decades,” he says, after he directs the Pentagon to bomb Iran and then calls it off at the last minute. (Bolton has a different take: “In my government experience, this was the most irrational thing I ever witnessed any president do.” )

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad