Covid-19 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid-19 !

Is the summer going to endanger us with another form of transmission of the Covid-19 virus ? That being thru mosquitoes ? There are 3-4 viruses that are now transmitted by mosquitoes, will this be another ? And if so, will it present a greater danger than what we even now face ?
    Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 03-28-2020, 06:19 PM.

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    Is the summer going to endanger us with another form of transmission of the Covid-19 virus ? That being thru mosquitoes ? There are 3-4 viruses that are now transmitted by mosquitoes, will this be another ? And if so, will it present a greater danger than what we even now face ?
    Hmm.....!
    bhr, most of those diseases are blood-borne. The COVID-19 is a respiratory ailment.
    I won't claim any expertise on the matter, just my opinion.

Comment

Also the mosquito would need to be an alternate host. It's not that easy to have viruses live in different species, that's why the big to-do over the bat to human jump.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Hmm.....!
        bhr, most of those diseases are blood-borne. The COVID-19 is a respiratory ailment.
        I won't claim any expertise on the matter, just my opinion.
        I think the Covid-19 virus travels in the blood but has an affinity for the cells of the lungs. Once inside a lung cell it can replicate. Our normal Lymphocytes can't kill it because the virus is protected by a lipid coating, similar to how diplococcus pneumonia bacteria cells have a protective coating - luckily our antibiotics can break down that bacteria coating - so far. The pneumonia from Covid-19 is a viral pneumonia and antibiotics don't work against viruses, normally our lymphocytes phagocytize a virus and destroy it but so far they can't get to Covid-19 because of the lipid coating. The lipid coating is broken down by simple soap, that is why washing hands with soap is so effective. I think if I had the first sign of a sore throat I would gargle with soapy water. Not recommending you try it, just saying I might try it.

Last edited by jhjimbo; 03-28-2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Jimbo - Now that is really thinking outside the box.

Comment

Business people are hoping for a bounce back in June - July. But, researchers say Covid-19 may make a second wave appearance this fall. So, there may be only 4 months before it re-appears and probably before any vaccination is ready.

Comment

They really are expecting a crowd at the NYC hospitals in a couple of weeks.
              Check out the new facilities at Central Park in Architectural Digest.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/...synd_yahoo_rss

Comment

Meanwhile, some people in New Jersey are throwing "corona parties" in their apartments.

https://news.yahoo.com/jersey-man-ch...064812867.html

Last edited by 99explorer; 03-30-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

It is Monday morning and hardly nobody is on here. I thought people had to stay at home. Where is everybody ?

Comment

Either in the hospital or at the beach.
                    And BTW, sunlight does not kill the new COVID-19 coronavirus.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-with-uv-light

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      It is Monday morning and hardly nobody is on here. I thought people had to stay at home. Where is everybody ?
                      Just got home from work! I'm going to get some of my trout fishing gear ready if I go Wednesday.

I believe a couple of us are still working!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...outputType=amp

The cdc mentions mosquitoes

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                          There has now been mentioned the Covid-19 has been found in blood.

J&J announced they may have a vaccine by Jan 2021.

Comment

Local TV and radio online sites seen almost joyful in reporting new COVID 19 cases in my state. I really hope state and national death projections are a fear tactic to coerce "stay at home".

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                              Local TV and radio online sites seen almost joyful in reporting new COVID 19 cases in my state. I really hope state and national death projections are a fear tactic to coerce "stay at home".
                              They seem giddy here to!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad