By April 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    New York is experimenting with a treatment that involves injecting blood from a recovered patient into an advanced COVID patient, with the expectation that the anti-bodies in the donor's blood will alleviate the symptoms, but not cure the patient.
    Time will tell.
    They are using plasma (plasma is the liquid part before forming a clot) , where antibodies reside. Don't know if they get just the Corvid-19 antibodies or are just giving the whole plasma which contain all the other antibodies the donor had.

Comment

There is anecdotal evidence of a recovered COVID patient becoming infected a second time, but as there are two strains of the disease, it is possible that that patient recovered from one strain and then became infected with the second strain.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        There is anecdotal evidence of a recovered COVID patient becoming infected a second time, but as there are two strains of the disease, it is possible that that patient recovered from one strain and then became infected with the second strain.
        The L strain is the most virulent.

Comment

I think Trump is warming to the idea of quarantine for NY, NJ, and CT. Why should people fleeing those areas be allowed to infect other areas ?

Comment

If people from NY, NJ and Ct are allowed to travel out of state, they should be tested negative for the coronavirus before being issued a boarding pass.
            In fact, that would be a good idea for any travel out of state.
            Last edited by 99explorer; 03-28-2020, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              I think Trump is warming to the idea of quarantine for NY, NJ, and CT. Why should people fleeing those areas be allowed to infect other areas ?
              Are people really fleeing?

Comment

I guess so. Some going to FL, some of them have property there. They could take the virus there. Gov. of Ohio says next 2 weeks will be hard. Spike ?

Comment

Come to think of it, if they are fleeing the area, they probably don't yet have symptoms, and/or they are concerned about hospital capacity. There's no telling.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                    by Ontario Honker Hunter
                    One of my many former vocations was a law clerk, so yes I have taken care of my and my daughter's wills and power of attorney. You need to call a lawyer...
                    Today, 07:49 PM
                  • Prepping: No, not TP
                    by fitch270
                    Sorry in advance for this, but I'm blaming the morbid sob's on here for the inspiration.

My wife and I scheduled an estate planning appointment...
                    Today, 07:14 PM
                  • Reply to Covid-19 !
                    by Danbo
                    See we agree...
                    Today, 07:44 PM
                  • Covid-19 !
                    by bowhunter75richard
                    Is the summer going to endanger us with another form of transmission of the Covid-19 virus ? That being thru mosquitoes ? There are 3-4 viruses that are...
                    03-28-2020, 06:17 PM
                  • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                    by dewman
                    Yep. After dad's fiasco me & the mrs. went through it all again. All I'll add is WRITE IT DOWN. Even the the word of mouth that is known to all.
                    Today, 07:30 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X