By April 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By April 8th

By April 8th, there will be about 1,400,000 cases in U.S. It doubles about every 3 days. Some say have a supply of cash on hand in case the banks close and shut down ATM's. Good Luck.

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    By April 8th, there will be about 1,400,000 cases in U.S. It doubles about every 3 days. Some say have a supply of cash on hand in case the banks close and shut down ATM's. Good Luck.
    Everyone (who could) should have already had a supply of cash... way before this event. But I'm sure banking is on the essential businesses list and will remain functional. Panic runs on cash will just cause a reduction of the maximum that can be withdrawn in a day. Jim, there's nothing to worry about here, it will be kept under control.

Comment

Where did you get the 1.4 million number?
      WaPo? NYT? CNN?
      How do you "know" it's correct? ...or even close?
      Who is "some say"?

How do we know you didn't make it all up?

Forget it jimbo. I really couldn't care less where you got it or if you made it up.
      It's all "non-sequitur" to me anyway.

Comment

Jimbo - See what you get for disagreeing with Bubba about calling 911 when you return home and find the entry to your house open?

Comment

Jim in my county we have about 1000 tested. 45 tested positive 1 hospitalized! The others had mild symptoms and sent home. How do you know there aren't 2 million cases now? I'm guessing there are millions who have it but think it's a cold!

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Jim in my county we have about 1000 tested. 45 tested positive 1 hospitalized! The others had mild symptoms and sent home. How do you know there aren't 2 million cases now? I'm guessing there are millions who have it but think it's a cold!
            Danbo, you have a point. I'm starting to wonder if it's already been widespread and I already had to fight Covid-19. Late February I caught a respiratory infection and ran a mild fever with a dry, unproductive cough. I went to an urgent care facility right away and tested negative on types A & B flu as well as negative on strep. The lung x rays were inconclusive. So, they gave me a steroid shot and a preventative antibiotic shot and I continued with an oral regimen of both for the next 10 days. I also came home with an albuterol inhaler and prescription cough medicine.

I felt pretty bad for that first week and for a couple of weeks had trouble sleeping because of the cough. At night when everything got quite, I could hear the wheezing at every breath and felt I wasn't getting enough air. Now, over 4 weeks have passed but I still feel like I've got reduced lung function. All that sounds like the Covid-19 symptoms to me.

Comment

See if the urgent care facility now has the test for Corvid-19. If yo are positive, a list of people you came in contact with should be tested if they have symptoms.

Comment

Wuhan ended up with extensive testing on the non infected population, they found that almost everyone who tested positive eventually had definitive symptoms. The US is very far behind on testing for a developed country due to our problems in the first month or so. Yesterday we fell even further behind with patients testing positive at about the same time they go on ventilators, or later.

Not everyone who needs a test can get one. In NY they are only testing health care workers.

Comment

See if the urgent care facility now has the test for Corvid-19. If yo are positive, a list of people you came in contact with should be tested if they have symptoms.
                  I'm not interested because I don't want to get near the place just in case I haven't had it yet. Anyone I came in contact with either has it or not. I did stay away from my Dad and a few others in high risk categories.

Comment

At some time they'll be able to test for antibodies, meaning for people who have already had it and have an immunity to it.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                      At some time they'll be able to test for antibodies, meaning for people who have already had it and have an immunity to it.
                      I wondered about that, you hear reports of confirmed cases that recovered testing negative. Is it possible to get it multiple times?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I wondered about that, you hear reports of confirmed cases that recovered testing negative. Is it possible to get it multiple times?
                        That is a good question. One report that I read stated that a second infection could be worse than the first, due to the medications used in fighting the initial infection causing damage to heart muscles and thus increasing the probability of heart attacks. There has been no other information that I have seen concerning immunity to this virus !
                        Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 03-24-2020, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Another point of concern, that I have anyway, is just how close are we at this point to anarchy in the large cities. With the police forces being busy with all aspects of this health situation, and the D’s allowing very lax non prosecution of non violent crimes, no cash bail etc.....just how far are these thugs going to push the envelope and begin to overstep what is non-violent ? Criminals learn very quickly what they can get away with. If the police do not keep things in check, are we possibly looking at vigilante response, or even worse ? The D’s with their justice reform BS have opened a big can of worms !!!

Comment

People in Africa take the Hydroxychloroquine all the time. The only side effect I have read about is on very High Doses for long times it could damage the retina. BTW, areas where the drug is used have almost no Corvid-19 infections.
                            NYC started testing the drugs today, 3/24.
                            I would think a second exposure would be mild due to a persons antibody titer.
                            Dr. Lipkin at Columbia University is developing a test for C3 & C4 proteins to detect the virus before a patient has symptoms. www.C3test.org.

Comment

New York is experimenting with a treatment that involves injecting blood from a recovered patient into an advanced COVID patient, with the expectation that the anti-bodies in the donor's blood will alleviate the symptoms, but not cure the patient.
                              Time will tell.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Stevens 301 vs ATI NOMAD
                                by fitch270
                                Different gun, yours was the O/U, this one is a single shot. Different outsourcing....
                                Today, 08:08 PM
                              • Stevens 301 vs ATI NOMAD
                                by Ghosty
                                i want your advice on which shotgun i should buy which brand is better i was told stevens is made in china and ATI is made in the us in south carolina...
                                Today, 08:30 AM
                              • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                                by fitch270
                                Dewman: Sorry if this hit a little close to home, didn't mean to open any wounds.

OHH: Our appointment is with a very good lawyer for this...
                                Today, 08:06 PM
                              • Prepping: No, not TP
                                by fitch270
                                Sorry in advance for this, but I'm blaming the morbid sob's on here for the inspiration.

My wife and I scheduled an estate planning appointment...
                                Today, 07:14 PM
                              • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                One of my many former vocations was a law clerk, so yes I have taken care of my and my daughter's wills and power of attorney. You need to call a lawyer...
                                Today, 07:49 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X