Opening Day New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day New York

O.K. guys, remember all you guys on Naples Creek April 1st, opening day, remember 6' distance shoulder to shoulder. Good Luck

Surprised it’s not pushed back everything in my hood is. That’s funny fisherman aren’t going to stand 6feet apart when all the fish are going to be dumped in one hole.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      O.K. guys, remember all you guys on Naples Creek April 1st, opening day, remember 6' distance shoulder to shoulder. Good Luck
      Have you ever fished there?

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Have you ever fished there?
        I used to camp out in my van the night before and be at the creek 5 min before opening time.

The strictest rule I remember was no natural egg sacks. Game warden was always there. After the first hour the creek was so muddy most people left.
        Last edited by jhjimbo; 03-24-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
          Surprised it’s not pushed back everything in my hood is. That’s funny fisherman aren’t going to stand 6feet apart when all the fish are going to be dumped in one hole.
          This is not for stocking, the fish are already there, big fat rainbows.

Comment

This is not for stocking, the fish are already there, big fat rainbows.
            Thats not the only stream with wild fat Rainbows spawning!

Comment

Thats not the only stream with wild fat Rainbows spawning!
              Where do you go ? Catherine Creek ?

Comment

Grout brook, Catherine Creek, not in a few years though. I go to less crowded waters now. Grout brook is tributary of Skaneateles lake. Lake trout and Rainbow factory, couple years ago Walleye started showing up! DEC surveyed lake and found a lot of Walleyes. At least 3 different year classes. Some one illegally stocked them!

The DEC stocked Owasco lake with Walleye about ten years ago! It hurt the Trout fishery! Only time will tell with Skaneatetles!

Comment

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/life-...ary-video.html

Here is a link of last year's survey with some pics!

Comment

I don't know how opening day is going to go with bait shops shutdown!

Comment

Just make up some small egg sacks.

Comment

When does your season open?

Comment

If I go I use rooster tails

Comment

When does your season open?
                            It is different for Lake Erie and the rest of the State. Erie has estimated 40,000,000 walleye. The State drags a net in a certain area about 2 Hectors big and usually get about 80 walleye. Last few years they are getting over 250 walleye. Expect super fishing for next 5 years +. Many walleye over 10 lbs. Many in the 5 or 6 lb which is what I keep. For charter info, head boats, go to Port Clinton web site.
                            http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/fishingregulations

Comment

It is different for Lake Erie and the rest of the State. Erie has estimated 40,000,000 walleye. The State drags a net in a certain area about 2 Hectors big and usually get about 80 walleye. Last few years they are getting over 250 walleye. Expect super fishing for next 5 years +. Many walleye over 10 lbs. Many in the 5 or 6 lb which is what I keep. For charter info, head boats, go to Port Clinton web site.
                              http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/fishingregulations
                              Funny we have Walleye population in Oneida that is way up! Numbers not seen since the early 80s!

I was asking if you had opening day for Trout in your streams.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad