X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    PH, Cytokine Storm is different - google it. A bee sting is antiflactic shock, a histamine reaction. Cytokine is a antibody reaction.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=antifl...&setlang=en-US

Do you know who Art Bell was ? He was a overnight radio personality. His wife died from overuse of albuterol, use with caution.
    Thanks for the clarification and warning. I'll make sure to follow the directions.

Yep, knew who Art Bell was. Listened to him sometimes on my way to early morning hunts.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    PH, Cytokine Storm is different - google it. A bee sting is antiflactic shock, a histamine reaction. Cytokine is a antibody reaction.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=antifl...&setlang=en-US

Do you know who Art Bell was ? He was a overnight radio personality. His wife died from overuse of albuterol, use with caution.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Jim, this should be considered common knowledge.

Essentially, this is what happens when someone has a bad reaction to bee stings. Having antihistamine available could save a life.

Besides gathering enough supplies for an extended period of staying at home, we've got an old CPAP machine available to help someone breath in case there's not enough hospital beds. And I've ordered a finger mounted O2 monitor to help gauge how serious a breathing problem could be. Also, 6 months ago I asked my doctor to prescribe for me an Albuterol Sulfate inhaler, renewed every 30 days. I've experienced some wheezing since my bout of pneumonia last June. But in actuality, I've been passing most of those on to someone I know who has asthma. I've kept a couple of the units.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    started a topic I Can't Believe It

I Can't Believe It

Now researchers say our own immune system can wind up killing us. Particularly for viruses new to your body, the body can muster an overly strong immune reaction that results in bringing additional cells and water to the lungs and actually fill them up with water resulting in death. This is thought to be a major cause of death in 1918. The syndrome is called a 'Cytokine Storm'. If it's not one thing it's something else. Google it.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad