No announcement yet.

So called virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We will know soon if it works as NYC started a test today 3/24. Other Dr.'s have been using it with good results. We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by CD2 View Post
      Dude got sick (probably weakened immune system due to listening/playing their own awful music LOL)

But his doc got him on the meds and quickly started to feel better.
      https://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyle...e-for-covid-19

Boy wouldn't that be a pisser, if cheap drugs could turn this crap around within a week.

Hmm, wonder what the media would hype next.
      That's about the size of it cd2.
      One couple tried fish tank cleaning chemicals. Killed him, she's gonna make it! Idiots!

The FDA fiddled around, trying to keep the Govt's finger in the "pie".
      Private labs and universities had tests available back in Jan but FDA wouldn't issue permits to test.
      Trump admin finally got the FDA to loosen up and allow testing without stupid permits.
      The permit wasn't to certify the labs had the "ability" to test. The permit was to "allow" them to test.

Comment

• We will know soon if it works as NYC started a test today 3/24. Other Dr.'s have been using it with good results. We will see.

Comment

• Don't think the dems want solutions (esp if cheap and effective).
          They want a crisis to piggyback BS into legislation and to reduce freedoms.
          And that isn't "just politics".
          They're evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by CD2 View Post
            Don't think the dems want solutions (esp if cheap and effective).
            They want a crisis to piggyback BS into legislation and to reduce freedoms.
            And that isn't "just politics".
            They're evil.
            That evil bit can be attested to by the fact that parties from both sides of the aisle had worked out a 1.4 trillion dollar package to help people during this time of illness. Then shit face pilose came into the picture with demands in the proposed bill that had no connections to the virus or it’s affects, and that ended the bill. It just goes to prove it is all political with the D’s, no concern for the country or it’s citizens ! There are not enough dirty names to cover this POS !!!!

Comment

• I agree that there should be no unrelated amendments, but I would like to know more about the slush fund money to bail out the companies in the travel and hospitality industries.
              I read that there is $58 billion set aside for the airline companies to compensate them for lost revenue and to pay salaries of employees, including the CEO, whose salary would be limited to 50 times the salary of the average employee.
              We wouldn't want him to go hungry.
              I'm not going to mention the hotel business.
              Last edited by 99explorer; 03-24-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Well, the big stimulus package was passed by the House.
                I think the big stumbling block was resolved with this comment.
                Sorry about that, Donald.

Schumer’s office said the deal will “prohibit businesses controlled by the President, Vice President, Members of Congress, and heads of Executive Departments from receiving loans or investments from Treasury programs.”

Comment

• And the prohibition includes children, spouses and in-laws.
                  Sounds like they had someone in particular in mind.

Comment

• Here is a chart showing the latest info on death rates from the COVID -19 virus.

Comment

• https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26...IcKNLk.twitter

He walks back his fake prediction!

Comment

• I can't believe Nancy Pelosi let financial benefits to Trump Hotels slip through the prohibitions in the big stimulus package.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-kushner...115705740.html

But wait. It isn't finalized yet.

Comment

• Trump is fixing to punish the people of Michigan for the ingratitude of its governor, forgetting that he absolutely needs to carry Michigan in November.
                          Perhaps his need for praise is even more important than that.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-demands...233142697.html

Comment

• Been some discussion on other forums, about GM building ventilators.
                            Lots of people think auto assembly only.
                            DELCO used to be a world class automotive development/test/manufacturing place, and part of GM. They got screwed and put into DELPHI (cash cow Delco was).
                            Now they're called Aptiv and were bought by Borgwarner.

There is a part of Delphi at the old Delco in Indiana that was split off, GM Component Holdings.
                            Most of their manufacturing floor not in use (super downsized).

Was a boomin' place for a long while.

They can do it. But I suspect if they do, once done, they'll shutter the medical build area/folks. Good PR for now though.

So dunno if Aptiv gonna build em, GM Holdings gonna build em, or they gonna form a new group together to build em.

Dunno if to build stuff for immediate use or to fill gov's emergency stores back up. Or if biz will be moved from outside of country back.
                            How much of a player GM will be in this?

It sounds good, sounds hopeful. They can build them. At least it keeps some folks busy in this edgy time.

And that has some merit, hope and keeping people busy.

News showed puppies by an aquarium tonight. On the 11 o'clock news.
                            For "positivity".

Like the viewing audience is a bunch of 6 yr olds. Really? How fuggin' pathetic.

Puppies?!

Weather gal shoulda dropped her top...........positive those puppies would have made me smile.
                            Last edited by CD2; 03-28-2020, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              And the prohibition includes children, spouses and in-laws.
                              Sounds like they had someone in particular in mind.
                              I don't think that is right. A Presidents personal business should be treated just like any other business.

What you are saying is the White House is for those of low means who never succeeded at anything and has no interests in the business world. What a shame that would be. Some do nothing who never knew how to do anything. No sir, not for me. I want the most successful person I can find - of either party. NO Bernie Sanders who never had a job. We used to call those people bums, like Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I don't think that is right. A Presidents personal business should be treated just like any other business.

What you are saying is the White House is for those of low means who never succeeded at anything and has no interests in the business world. What a shame that would be. Some do nothing who never knew how to do anything. No sir, not for me. I want the most successful person I can find - of either party. NO Bernie Sanders who never had a job. We used to call those people bums, like Obama.
                                I agree Jim the people who are layed off from Trumps businesses are hurt also! Liberals are just vicious people!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad