No announcement yet.

Why "Coronavirus" is such a big deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like China has finally decided to close the barn door.

https://news.yahoo.com/china-just-ba...190900992.html

Comment

And new faster diagnostic tools are being developed.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-y...014202207.html

Comment

But we have a problem reassuring the public that we have things under control: the president's credibility.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-problem...131814847.html

Comment

Those w weakened immune systems could be in big trouble.

Aged or those sick from something else.

Of course if young and in good health, dont be a whistleblower.

Comment

I work in a factory and watch who doesnt wash up before leaving restroom.

Yup....the virus is gonna hit some groups harder than others.

​​​​​​The welfare types.

Comment

I once saw a sign in a diner restroom reading, "Employees must wash hands before leaving restroom."
              Someone scrawled a handwritten note above it reading, "It wouldn't hurt the customers either."

Comment

Brit Hume exposes Dem candidates lies about "coronavirus".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/0...tical-benefit/

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  Brit Hume exposes Dem candidates lies about "coronavirus".

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/0...tical-benefit/
                  That's right.
                  I'm surprised they haven't said much about this.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-programs-open

Comment

Deaths by age group of those infected. Eventual infection rates at around 40% from what I've heard.

Up to 10 years old no deaths
                    10 to 40 years old 0.2 per cent chance
                    40 to 50 0.4%
                    50 to 60 1.3%
                    60 to 70 3.4%
                    70 to 80 8%
                    80 and older 15%

based on 44,000 confirmed cases in China up to 2/11

Yes I realize many with minor illness didn't get counted and many deaths were missed.

Saw Trump's press conference in it's entirety. He did well. He's much more natural with the press than he used to be. That said his entire objective is managing the public relations aspect, kind of like China when it first broke. In fairness it seems a lot of CNN and others just try to use it to make Trump look bad. I'd give the US response so far a solid D.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                      China is no friend of America.
                      China is no friend of the world.
                      China is no friend of humanity.

China should be removed from all world dealings. If facts sound to some as being racist.........so be it !!!
                      Some info got out from Wuwan that people saw patients still breathing, put in a body bag and burned.

Comment

South Korea administered 10,000 tests today and had completed half of them with a positive rate of over 300. Our docs check with the insurance company who refuses unless the sick person meets CDC guidelines of having returned from Wuhan so they don't have to pay. Docs scared they'll be stuck with the bill without authorization from the insurance company. Great system we have. One day in the ICU is enough to bankrupt most Americans. So whatever happens people will avoid getting tested or going to the hospital enabling many to be infected by the few.

Comment

Would not surprise me this type of stuff designed for economic unrest, or purge of old/sick/lesser wealth.

See how it ends up.

Hospital........go to a community hospital and not private. Make payments.

Last edited by CD2; 02-29-2020, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Been to a lot of medical w my kid the last few years.
                            Watched who else came in.
                            The last place you want to be nowadays is in some hospital.
                            Patients and workers............diversity is not a strength.

Some pretty dirty people out there. Gave me the willies, just for normal cold and flu.

Comment

The Dr's say the mask is to protect other people around you so you don't sneez on them, not to protect you. If you don't have symptoms you don't need the mask.
                              Social Distancing is another protcol, keep your distance from other people, no handshaking, no kissing, mass testing.
                              Keep in mind there are many more viruses in places like the jungle of New Guinea. Monkeys and other animals are carriers of viruses that humans have never seen and have no immunity against. As these escape they can cause mass infections.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                                South Korea administered 10,000 tests today and had completed half of them with a positive rate of over 300. Our docs check with the insurance company who refuses unless the sick person meets CDC guidelines of having returned from Wuhan so they don't have to pay. Docs scared they'll be stuck with the bill without authorization from the insurance company. Great system we have. One day in the ICU is enough to bankrupt most Americans. So whatever happens people will avoid getting tested or going to the hospital enabling many to be infected by the few.
                                Most people won't even know they have it !
                                So your stats are way off

So we use this to attack US heath care! With left wing talking points !

This has as many facts in it as Joe Biden getting arrested in South Africa for trying to see Mandela!pffft!
                                Last edited by Danbo; 02-29-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Covid-19 !
                                  by Danbo
                                  See we agree...
                                  Today, 07:44 PM
                                • Covid-19 !
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  Is the summer going to endanger us with another form of transmission of the Covid-19 virus ? That being thru mosquitoes ? There are 3-4 viruses that are...
                                  03-28-2020, 06:17 PM
                                • Reply to Prepping: No, not TP
                                  by dewman
                                  Yep. After dad's fiasco me & the mrs. went through it all again. All I'll add is WRITE IT DOWN. Even the the word of mouth that is known to all.
                                  Today, 07:30 PM
                                • Prepping: No, not TP
                                  by fitch270
                                  Sorry in advance for this, but I'm blaming the morbid sob's on here for the inspiration.

My wife and I scheduled an estate planning appointment...
                                  Today, 07:14 PM
                                • Reply to Stevens 301 vs ATI NOMAD
                                  by Sarge01
                                  I just had a Stevens by Savage and it was made I n Turkey...
                                  Today, 07:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X