No announcement yet.

Why "Coronavirus" is such a big deal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF you don't get the virus this year and it comes back next flu season will it be as virulent then as it is now ? Some say the covid-19 is 10X more deadly than the seasonal flu.

Comment

• There is a gun show this weekend but I don't think I am going to go. The place is usually shoulder to shoulder.

Comment

• Jimbo - Stay away from crowds. The NBA just canceled the entire season because one player tested positive for the virus.

Comment

• To prop up the economy in an election year, Trump is proposing a cut in the payroll tax that funds the Social Security and Medicare benefits. The shortfall would be made up for out of Treasury's general revenue, which in time would justify a call for a reduction of benefits.
          Cutting the payroll tax now would also benefit employers (such as Trump Enterprises) that pay an equal amount with the employees. That was supposed to slip by unnoticed.

https://news.yahoo.com/payroll-tax-c...201400834.html

Comment

• NBA player tests positive, after making jokes about feeling bad a couple days before (and handling the reporters microphones).

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/...h-coronavirus/

Comment

• Somebody in my county has it, confirmed.
              Rumors flying at work.
              No doubt a major portion are hoping for paid time off.
              Profit sharing payment, have a few K to live off of...........heaven forbid they save it, or pay off bills.
              Any windfall is seen as "regular pay" if they can skip work.

Who knows what every sneeze or cough is.
              Just in time nonsese, supplier issues could shut us down if they get hit.
              Can only make so much due to logistics, fill every basket/rack we have and done, til customers use what we make.
              Suppliers and customers can influence your job, even if you're fine.

And those influences could be legit, or just from panic.
              Expect a bumpy 4 to 6 weeks coming up.

Hell, I wonder how many had it and have gotten past it already, never knowing what they really had.

Have had the flu for a couple days, about 20 yrs ago. And about 20 yrs before that.
              Now when I get sick it's maybe a 24 hr bug and never all that bad.

My ol lady gets hit harder, has been down for a week solid a few times.
              About once every 5 yrs.
              Last edited by CD2; 03-12-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                To prop up the economy in an election year, Trump is proposing a cut in the payroll tax that funds the Social Security and Medicare benefits. The shortfall would be made up for out of Treasury's general revenue, which in time would justify a call for a reduction of benefits.
                Cutting the payroll tax now would also benefit employers (such as Trump Enterprises) that pay an equal amount with the employees. That was supposed to slip by unnoticed.

https://news.yahoo.com/payroll-tax-c...201400834.html
                I know i was against it when Obama did it !
                Isn't it terrible some are giddy about this virus! They want People to suffer so they can gain power!

Comment

• I believe the payroll tax cut is temporary.

Comment

• Italy went from 500 cases to 12,000 in 2 weeks. Per VP Pence.

Comment

• Things are being talked about much more seriously here in Europe than in America, and that is directly as a result of the virus here ! Many countries have had their health care facilities over whelmed with the numbers and death rates are rising, not too many showing unconcerns for the situation !! Some of the posts that I am reading show a very evident lack of good knowledge, or just a lack of wanting to accept reality. This is not just a walk in the park !!
                      Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 03-12-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                        Things are being talked about much more seriously here in Europe than in America, and that is directly as a result of the virus here ! Many countries have had their health care facilities over whelmed with the numbers and death rates are rising, not too many showing unconcerns for the situation !! Some of the posts that I am reading show a very evident lack of good knowledge, or just a lack of wanting to accept reality. This is not just a walk in the park !!
                        Of course it's serious bhr, but it's being compounded exponentially by a rabidly biased US news media, especially here in the US, and liberals attempting to smear Trump.

At 69, going on 70, I'm quite concerned, but I'm NOT going to "shelter in place" like some "dooms day" is upon us.

Whether you're in Eur alone on business or traveling with family, I'll keep you in my prayers for a safe return.

Comment

• >
                          https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/11/science/how-coronavirus-hijacks-your-cells.html

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Of course it's serious bhr, but it's being compounded exponentially by a rabidly biased US news media, especially here in the US, and liberals attempting to smear Trump.

At 69, going on 70, I'm quite concerned, but I'm NOT going to "shelter in place" like some "dooms day" is upon us.

Whether you're in Eur alone on business or traveling with family, I'll keep you in my prayers for a safe return.
                            Thanks for the prayers Bubba. My return to America is scheduled for mid May, we will see how things are then. The city I am visiting here is some 150,000 people, not like only a small population to be concerned with ! Let’s just say I am not just whistling in the dark about this ! Hope all you guys in US remain well too, take care !

Comment

• Person working plant next to mine tested positive.
                              We have folks that check parts back and forth.
                              Could get interesting.
                              LOL, will know more in a week.
                              Like I said, seen many that don't wash hands in restrooms.
                              Certain folks will be at higher risk than others.
                              Dirty democrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                                Went to post office downtown. Empty. Normally packed. Walked right in and got stamps no waiting.
                                Clerk lady said its been pretty much dead all day.

Thanks social media hype πŸ˜‰
                                OMG! You went out in public!?
                                R.I.P. CeeDeeTue!πŸ˜‰

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad