Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloomberg the Anti Gun Candidate

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    [QUOTE=fitch270;n724915]

    Only snowflakes get offended. Carry on.[/QUOTE


    no comment snowflake
    Last edited by Danbo; 02-14-2020, 12:05 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Danbo
      no Comment
      "Originally posted by Danbo (Comment #47)

      I was on here for years under a different name.

      I suspected as much.
      I thought you came on too loud and pushy for a new guy.
      Last edited by 99explorer; 02-13-2020, 10:08 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Danbo -
        I was quoting your comment #47 before you edited it to read "No comment."

        Comment


        • #34
          Danbo -
          Your mouth is faster than your brain.

          Comment


          • #35
            Danbo - That's exposure to Trump rubbing off on me.
            It makes me feel like being obnoxious.

            Comment


            • #36
              "curious as to your opinion of him other than 2A"

              Bloomberg flat out bought the process. I'm sure in the coming weeks he'll deliver the focus group tested topics delivered using the required tone and vocabulary, but I've no faith whatsoever that Bloomberg is authentic, we'd find out what he's really like after he's elected. I'd much rather an honest extreme conservative. Other than stop and frisk which spoke to the symptoms not the disease, he's not known for any policy at all. Ran a city with extreme inequality. My party is all excited imagining all the Bloomberg money crushing Trump and buying senate seats. No thanks. I'd much rather voters decide.

              Other countries have free time allotted on TV for candidates, and don't allow bought time.

              Money is much too powerful. The Democratic Party is just as dangerous to my mind as the Republicans. Both are far to beholden to $$$. I'm still a Democrat, but the current system is doing no one any good. The best folks are not rising to the top.

              Comment


              • #37
                Rock - I believe you have made an accurate assessment of the situation.

                Comment


                • #38
                  [QUOTE=Danbo;n724916]
                  Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

                  Only snowflakes get offended. Carry on.[/QUOTE


                  no comment snowflake
                  Passive agressive again. You really don't get it .

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                    "curious as to your opinion of him other than 2A"

                    Bloomberg flat out bought the process. I'm sure in the coming weeks he'll deliver the focus group tested topics delivered using the required tone and vocabulary, but I've no faith whatsoever that Bloomberg is authentic, we'd find out what he's really like after he's elected. I'd much rather an honest extreme conservative. Other than stop and frisk which spoke to the symptoms not the disease, he's not known for any policy at all. Ran a city with extreme inequality. My party is all excited imagining all the Bloomberg money crushing Trump and buying senate seats. No thanks. I'd much rather voters decide.

                    Other countries have free time allotted on TV for candidates, and don't allow bought time.

                    Money is much too powerful. The Democratic Party is just as dangerous to my mind as the Republicans. Both are far to beholden to $$$. I'm still a Democrat, but the current system is doing no one any good. The best folks are not rising to the top.
                    Thanks RR.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Stop and frisk is the ONE thing that works to get guns out of the hands of gangs and off the street. And the blacks don't want it. So stupid. Reduce the guns in the hands of gangs and minorities and I bet crime would drop 80 or 90 %.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

                        Yes, the economy sucked ... initially... because George W. Bush put it in the toilet. It's called the mortgage crisis. Affected the whole world. Though Canada not so much because banks up here are regulated and unlike US were not allowed to recklessly repackage worthless mortgage paper backed by nothing and sell it overseas. What did you expect? Obama should snap his fingers and make it go away overnight?
                        OHH, respectfully I have to call BS on you blaming Bush for the problem. The policy changes that lead to the Crisis started during the Clinton administration and probably most of the blame can be placed on Democrat Barney Frank and those who supported his ideas leading to a reduction of loan standards.

                        "For most of his career, Congressman Frank was one of the leaders of the effort in Congress to meet the demands of activists like ACORN for an easing of underwriting standards in order to make home ownership more accessible to more people. It was perhaps a worthwhile goal, but it caused the financial crisis when it was done by lowering mortgage underwriting standards. In the end, it was a colossal policy error by Congress and two presidential administrations. Frank admitted this in the Kudlow interview above. To his credit, Frank recognized his error by 2007, but by that time it was too late. Fannie and Freddie were nearing insolvency and the housing market was so engorged with subprime and other low quality mortgages that nothing could save it."
                        https://www.theatlantic.com/business...crisis/249903/

                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis
                        Last edited by PigHunter; 02-14-2020, 11:34 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          The information given as to the cause of the 2008 financial crisis goes hand in hand with almost all the problems in this country, that being the lowering of financial standards of the past, but also presently in our schools, law enforcement, financial institutions and all around social standards, just so we do not alienate, disrespect or cause conflict with the black community ! We are now unable to speak any truths without being labeled racists or bigots. If equality in any way is to be achieved, the black community must accept their responsibility of earning it, remove the chip on the shoulder of slavery and be held accountable for their actions !

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            BHR - "You speak the truth, my faithful Indian companion."
                            -Woody Allen, "Radio Days"

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                              The information given as to the cause of the 2008 financial crisis goes hand in hand with almost all the problems in this country, that being the lowering of financial standards of the past, but also presently in our schools, law enforcement, financial institutions and all around social standards, just so we do not alienate, disrespect or cause conflict with the black community ! We are now unable to speak any truths without being labeled racists or bigots. If equality in any way is to be achieved, the black community must accept their responsibility of earning it, remove the chip on the shoulder of slavery and be held accountable for their actions !
                              Richard, you're painting a wide brush there. In my area we don't have a problem getting along. We live next to one another in our communities, work together, socialize, and sometimes marry. It's 2020 and time to move on. This is not the first time you've made posts like this and the ignorance of it is offensive, even to me.

                              Sure, some blacks have the mentality you described but I've also seen many whites with attitudes of entitlement. (Right now that's Bernie supporters). Why don't you start treating people as individuals instead of by their skin color group?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                PigHunter -
                                I suppose you are in favor of reparations.
                                I can think of one minority group that is.

                                And what is your view on "stop and frisk?"

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X