Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Isn't that Sig Fury the one with the two piece case?

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Haven't you heard of the 277 Sig Fury? It's already been announced for the public even though it's still in the bidding phase for the military.
    Yep! The military ain't got many really "secret" weapons! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Haven't you heard of the 277 Sig Fury? It's already been announced for the public even though it's still in the bidding phase for the military.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    jimbo, the military never has nor ever will develope something that the civilian market won't eventually get.
    Firearms anyway.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    If this is a truly high power long distance round for totally new firearms it looks like the Military wants something not now and never available to the Civilian market.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

On the plus side FB, this could lead to further interest and development of 6.8/.277 bullets. Could help your cause in the big picture.
    No complaints here, fitch270!
    The 6.8mm absolutely loves light bullets.
    A couple of manufacturers are making 85 grain bullets.
    I'd love to try them, but they are "premium" priced. A box of 50 is like $35. Shipping and tax and it goes to pushing $1/bullet!
    I first reloaded some Sierra 90gr HP bullets I had lying around.
    Hog killing dudes!
    Sierra discontinued their .277" 90gr HP.
    But that's okay!
    Speer is now making their Gold Dot bullets in 90gr!
    The Sierra was good, I think the Speer will be better!
    We'll see as soon as I can shoot again!

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping for a 6.8mm military upgrade. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the 6.8mm I was hoping for!
    On the plus side FB, this could lead to further interest and development of 6.8/.277 bullets. Could help your cause in the big picture.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Yeah, I was hoping for a 6.8mm military upgrade. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the 6.8mm I was hoping for!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    started a topic What is the Army looking at ?

What is the Army looking at ?

A new, high performance round is sought by the Army - decision around April 2020. A 6.8 unlike any existing 6.8. One is based around the Picatinny Arsenal design. Another is developed by SIG called the MCX variant, a three piece cartridge. True Velocity is composite cased designed to work in a General Dynamics firearm. H&K has a novel telescoping cartridge developed by Olin Winchester. All meet a spec to penetrate a certain armor plate at long distance. Weapons in the field by the end of 2020 to replace the M-4 and M-249.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad