TheFirearmBlog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheFirearmBlog

If you don't get their newsletter this is a link that you may subscribe at. This issue has several articles on suppressors.

Jimbo - You forgot to provide the link.

Comment

Jim, are you thinking of buying a suppressor?
      Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Jim, are you thinking of buying a suppressor?
        My OFS kicks in pighunter!
        I'm not spending that much money, giving the Gov't that much info and waiting that long!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

My OFS kicks in pighunter!
          I'm not spending that much money, giving the Gov't that much info and waiting that long!
          Bubba, we've discussed this before. Privacy is an illusion. Trust me, they can easily find out you're a gun owner, especially with such a high profile on this site. All it takes is to ask Bonner for your information.

I've got two suppressors; a .30 caliber and a .22 caliber (rimfire). Total expenditure was about $1500. I bet you could sell a couple of your safe-queens and have enough to cover that.

About the time, well that's going to pass by anyway. I started the process two years ago and have had over a year's use. So far I've dropped two deer with the .300 BLK using suppressed subsonic loads. The neighbors never knew I shot. Even supersonic there's the advantage of reduced stress on my ears. The .22 is even quieter.

Comment

Yeah, I know pighunter. It's my OFS! LOL!

Comment

Gonna look into a suppressor pighunter, just for kicks.

Comment

The link is there - highlite to see it better.

Comment

Do the manufacturers give an expected number of rounds before the degrading of the suppressor ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    Do the manufacturers give an expected number of rounds before the degrading of the suppressor ?
                    Jim, I've never seen such a number from the manufacturers. It probably all depends on construction materials, how efficient the cartridges burns the powder, and if you fire full-auto or not.

Remember, the bullet doesn't make contact with the suppressor. So, it's all about the combustion gasses, pressure, and accumulated heat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad