Emergency room visit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency room visit.

Just returned from a visit to the emergency room. for the last two days my blood pressure has been extremely high with a headache and sporatic vision blurriness. With two daughters who are nurses they had no rest until I went and got checked out. All the tests were normal. The last time I was in the hospital the Dr. changed my blood pressure medicine. I think that is the problem. Will see family Dr. Monday.

Sarge - Glad to hear all checked out well.
    Maybe you ought to see a cardiologist for regular periodic check-ups.

Comment

Or maybe daily blood pressure checks at different times of day. Two nurses after all. High blood pressure is serious. Get well.

Comment

Take care of that B.P., nothing to fool around with. I use the machines at various drug stores and Wal-Mart and do it at different times of the day. Take results to Dr. on check up day. One thing I found I had a nuisance cough, dry cough. Talked to her about it and she changed my B.P. pill and cough went away. Turns out the one I had the cough was a possible side effect.

Comment

Take lisinopril myself now and have a home bp monitor myself. Having an accurate means to instantly check handy might give you a clue as to whether something specific triggers a spike. I think my sister married mine. When they left for good little over a year ago my bp stays pretty much spot on. Hope you get it sorted. Super high bp can be pretty miserable.(and dangerous)

Comment

Yeah, gotta watch that old BP!
            I've been on meds about 15 years now. Not 'cause I wanna be.
            I used to be very active. Due to injuries, I'm not near as active now.
            Activity, diet and weight are key to healthy BP.
            Tobacco use (tough to break!) is hard on heart and circulation. Killed my pop when he was 60!
            Red wine is good for circulation and a good bed time soother.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              Yeah, gotta watch that old BP!
              I've been on meds about 15 years now. Not 'cause I wanna be.
              I used to be very active. Due to injuries, I'm not near as active now.
              Activity, diet and weight are key to healthy BP.
              Tobacco use (tough to break!) is hard on heart and circulation. Killed my pop when he was 60!
              Red wine is good for circulation and a good bed time soother.
              I have been on BP meds for about 20 years. I have a blood pressure machine that I got from the VA. It got up to 202 over 112 today. My nurse daughters decided I needed to take another blood pressure pill today. It has come down a good bit but not enough.

Comment

Do you take an 81mg aspirin everyday?

Comment

Take care, Sarge.

I am fortunate to have absurdly low cholesterol and my blood pressure is very good to slightly low for my age. I never smoked which has made a huge difference in my end game health. Very upsetting to see young people starting that stupid habit. And vaping. Seems that is even worse. Maybe when I was younger I had a reputation for taking some risks in the field but they were all healthy in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    Do you take an 81mg aspirin everyday?
                    Yes I do and have for about 20 years

Comment

Good deal sarge01. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad