Get Off Social Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Off Social Media

A talking head on MSMBC said people should "get off social media" . Now why would she feel people should get off social media ? I suspect the MSM feels threatened by social media, news gets there first taking away their 'scoop' effect. In addition, I think their false news and propaganda is dispelled quicker on social media so they get less mileage from their spiel. I don't think President Trump could do what he has done if it were not for his Tweets. Reaching millions of people with the click of a button. I for one, sift through the garbage on social media and look for the factual breaking news entries and discussions. It is possible to determine what is real on social media. Russian sponsored ad's stood out like a sore thumb when they ran during the last Election.

Jimbo - Could you give us an example of a Russian-sponsored ad during the last election?
    It doesn't have to be verbatim.

Comment

What were you wearing 4 years ago ?

Comment

Jimbo - Do you always answer a question with a question?
        Put up or shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          Jimbo - Do you always answer a question with a question?
          Put up or shut up.
          You asked a stupid question - what did I see 4 years ago, geez.

Comment

You said the Russian-sponsored ads stood out like a sore thumb.
            Let me guess.
            "Vote for Comrade Trump."

Comment

I just read an article dated three months ago stating that Trump had thus far spent 24 million dollars on digital advertising, and discussing the merits of such.

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annal...n-social-media

Comment

Here is an excerpt from the article I referred to.

In the course of the 2016 Presidential election, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton spent eighty-one million dollars on Facebook ads. With a little more than a year to go until the next election, candidates have already spent more than sixty-three million dollars marketing themselves on Facebook and Google. Trump’s campaign has spent more than anyone else’s, with a total of twenty-four million dollars in digital-ad buys. Two of those ads, which were released on Facebook on October 2nd, falsely accused the former Vice-President Joe Biden of offering Ukrainian officials a billion dollars to drop a case against his son Hunter. The ads, which were seen by over four million people, include a six-second video edited to make it seem like Biden openly confesses to the scheme. When the Biden campaign asked Facebook to remove the ad, however, the company refused.
                Last edited by 99explorer; 01-20-2020, 05:45 PM.

Comment

99 your not being totally truthful! The Vice President at the time threatened to put aid on hold unless Ukraine fired the prosecutor who was investigating burisma not hunter Biden however it looks sketchy to me maybe have special council investigate it to be sure there was nothing illegal don’t you agree?

Comment

Danbo - Fine with me. Investigate away.
                    Just leave out the announcement of the investigation.

Comment

99 I didn’t understand your response!

Comment

Although there may be nothing corrupt to be disclosed by an investigation, just the announcement of a pending criminal investigation would inflict damage on the reputation of Joe Biden.
                        That was what Donald trump wanted from the Ukrainian president in exchange for the release of the impounded funds.
                        Attempted bribery with taxpayer money = abuse of power.
                        That is what the Democrats will attempt to prove in the impeachment trial.
                        Last edited by 99explorer; 01-20-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

It’s also what Democrats wanted with mueller so they could damage trump. Also Biden May have wanted the prosecutor in Ukraine investigating burisma fired to protect his son ! So let me get this straight it’s ok to investigate and ruin reputation of trump but not Cornpop Biden?

Comment

Jim you are right network news hates social media because nobody watches them anymore

Comment

99 again not truthful or your uninformed!Democrats did not send bribery to senate ! It was abuse of power and obstruction of Congress neither a high crime or misdemeanor! Bribery however is a crime and if Pelosi had evidence of it it would have been third article of impeachment! Nothing like letting a good story get in way of facts 99!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad