How Many Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Died

On Tucker Carlson last night he said 750,000 died from Opioid overdose in a ten year period. More then WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, combined.
    And the Left attacks gun violence...

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    On Tucker Carlson last night he said 750,000 died from Opioid overdose in a ten year period. More then WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, combined.
    And the Left attacks gun violence...
    jimbo, there are tons of stats out there that surpass all "gun violence death" stats, but the left isn't interested in them.
    AND... the left continually "pads the books" by including suicides, self defense shootings, police shootings and hunting accidents in murder rates.

Throw in meth, morphine, cocaine, fentanyl and heroin and I'm sure those numbers would skyrocket!
    Then add in those that the drug didn't kill, but died because their drug addled brain wasn't working.
    Millions, if not tens of millions!

Comment

Here are the numbers:

Comment

The war to control drugs is far too big and impossible to win, and this being known to the left, they will never make it their issue. They would rather lie about gun statistic numbers and try to defeat something they feel they can control with an emotional element, thus their underhanded tactics where firearms are involved !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
          The war to control drugs is far too big and impossible to win, and this being known to the left, they will never make it their issue. They would rather lie about gun statistic numbers and try to defeat something they feel they can control with an emotional element, thus their underhanded tactics where firearms are involved !
          They are trying to close some 150 gun ranges in VA. If there is another revolt, I think it will start in NY, Mass and VA.

Comment

Drugs make people dependent...need the government. Guns make people independent....not need the government.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
              Drugs make people dependent...need the government. Guns make people independent....not need the government.
              An accurate simple statement, but still over the heads of dimwits !

Comment

Combine those OD deaths with suicides of all types then graph by year. Lots of ODs are actually suicides. They are both deaths of despair. Guys used to be able to mess up good when young, get serious, put the nose to the grindstone doing some hard nasty job, and make money to support a family, end up doing good in this world. No more.

Oh, and I sure would appreciate it it you all would stop using the expression "gun violence" that's lefty gun grabbing framing. Use firearm suicide or firearm homicide because the two are very different. Do you say assault weapon? Got any clips LOL?

Only 30% graduate with a bachelors or better, of that 30 percent another 45% of them go on to work a job that didn't require a bachelors anyway. Walmart and Amazon don't pay very well. We've got a half a million living on the street, many of them are crazy.

Senate just passed NAFTA #2. I think the vote was 80 something for. Only one voting against it running for president was Sanders, cause it sucks for American workers.

Yep, lots of people doing drugs. Can't blame them.

Comment

When I was young, insurance companies would not pay off policies for suicides. So, on a perfectly clear day in the middle of the afternoon we would hear of a high speed car crash slamming into a bridge column. Or, worse yet, a car would suddenly cross over into the path of a semi-truck. My Father knew several drivers that had that happen to them.

Comment

Booze and/or smoke should be enough to cope. If not, leave this rock.

Life can be tough, it can be unfair.
                    Its life.

Too many willfully puss out and make a mess, expect others to feel sorry for them.

College degree.....well go ahead and saddle yourself w 100k in debt to have a masters in some dead cultures history or social work.

Make 20k a yr and bartend on the side.

Youll have the coolest friends on FB.

Woke....is a joke.

My middle got her bachelors ( no debt). But its liberal BS. Local factory proly hire her as supervision, pay for MBA. Start out at 70 grand.

Heres the funny part.... they dropped the bach mandate. Will hire those w HS diploma now for supervision.

Told her what classes i took for my first associates......calc physics chemistry thermo, eng comp, statics, dynamics, fluid power.....

She said that didnt sound fun.
                    And I told her what that degree from that school, started job payment wise.

She was stunned. Triple what her bach would (easier to find employment too). Claimed it unfair......that a 2 yr degree pay more than a 4 or even 6 yr.

Told her employers pay for what they need.

Remember the movie " moscow on the hudson" ?

Unemployed guy w advanced degree......wouldnt get a normal job to pay his way......nope.

He had a degree.

Liberal arrogance. Fugg em.

Comment

People doing drugs.
                      Bet your arse I can blame em.

Personal.choice can be a biatch

Comment

Suicide. Thats what cheap guns are for.

When the time comes, shut it down.
                        Outside.

Minimal mess.

Yes, somebody will find the body. Somebody always does.

Better a stranger.

Like the "old gunwriters" F&S article.....one old gunwriter called to report a body under a tree out back.

Operator asked who it was.

He said " me".

Went out and shut it down.

Thats the way to do it. No need to risk hurting others or damage property. Train engineers and truck drivers.....leave em alone

Comment

Know a kid that went to NYC for law degree. Got it. Lots of debt.

Works 15 an hr retail job.
                          Smart kid, but not of personality to work with or for people.

Social misfit

Proly why they had time to do the degree work.

Lots of people get degrees in nonmarketable subjects.

Thats on them.

Library science? Go for it LOL.

Theatre management? Yeehaw.

Im all for studying anything, if just for personal enrichment. But thats if you can afford to do it.

Im a decent artist. Genetics ( mom and dad). Midwest......work.......kills any spirit. Gave up painting and writing decades ago.

Do like popping a concert DVD in and playing along.

Appreciate the efforts of some artists. But most of whats out there is crap. Much of it fashionable too.

Emporers new clothes stuff

Comment

Sen. Elizabeth (Pocahontas) Warren has pledged to cancel student loan debt on day one of her administration.
                            Too bad if you just finished paying off your student loan.

Comment

Knew this old boy who married a pretty young girl, had a couple kids, lived out in the middle of nowhere, wife made money with starter plants they grew in greenhouse, hot peppers and stuff, they'd sell them, he was retired. One day he blew his head off, rural county. Sheriff came out took in the whole thing, wife crying, kids scared, took the cleaning stuff out splayed it on the desk, took a photo, accident. Quite a chance on the part of the sheriff, one of those counties with 3 people in it.

See what you did CD2, got me making all these maudlin comments.

I think most of the kids growing up these days are ok, all the ones here that the teachers claim are bad news are polite when they walk by, say sir and all that, dyed hair and nose rings and stuff. Someone did a good job mostly. I live in the old part of town, the part that had all dirt streets until 99.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad