Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what age did you become interested in fishing and hunting? and witch do you prefer hunting or fishing? Doing a survey for my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad would take me "hunting" in the afternoons as a toddler after he came in from his morning hunt. My first real deer season "when I was allowed to shoot" came after my ninth birthday. I Cant remember when I began fishing but its always been a big part of my life. I love both sports, but the woods call to me much louder, each year when those leaves start falling, than the water ever has.

Comment

Sorry about that. Hunting ! I AWLAYS catch more/Bigger fish than my buddys. Hunting MORE of a chalenge !

Comment

Big O-
        I'm still laughing at your comment above!

I began fishing at a very early age,perhaps 5-or6-years old. I began to hunt for birds and chipmunks at 7-years old, when I got my first bow.

Comment

I like to do them both but if I had to pick, it would be hunting. I began hunting at about 4-5 years of age with a BB gun and by the time I went to first grade, I used a .22 for squirrels and rabbits. I got a shotgun when I was 12 and started pheasant hunting almost every day during pheasant season. I think that there is a certain excitement from the anticipation of stalking game that you see that you don't get from fishing. However, getting a big fish when you least expect it is still pretty exciting.

Comment

Some of my earliest memories are of my father telling me turkey hunting tales for my bedtime stories. He took me fishing as soon as I was old enough not to eat the bait and gave my my first gun when I was ten.
            I've never lost my enthusiasm.

Comment

i like hunting and fishing but i would have to go with hunting! i've been interested in hunting for as long as i can remember probably aroung 11 or 12 years old which is not very long ago i turn 17 in November.

Comment

sorry about that i started hunting when i was 6

Comment

I caught my first fish at age 3. I hunted rabbits and such at about age 7 with a BB gun and then a single shot .22. I enjoy both activities equally.

Comment

followed my dad in the woods at 5 everytime he went.he took me fishing when i was 5 or 6...for me i like hunting more.

Comment

started fishing really young...probably 3 years old. I don't know which I like more, but I seem to spend the most money each year on hunting, so based on that, I probably like hunting more :-)

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lesson learned the hard way.
                        by Milldawg
                        So yesterday I went out to start my truck before work to let it warm up. Being a diesel I prefer it warm up before we get running hard on the interstate....
                        Today, 10:37 AM
                      • Reply to Fbi..........
                        by Milldawg
                        I believe that the government has gotten to big and to powerful. I’m not calling for armed resistance or insanity. What it is time for is the people...
                        Today, 08:23 AM
                      • Fbi..........
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        ......there have been some 30 present and former FBI agents who have come forth in support of whistleblowers who have divulged critical information concerning...
                        09-29-2022, 08:45 AM
                      • Reply to Fbi..........
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        And I am sure that this is with the knowledge of the progressive D’s. So the question is, why are they doing this ? Are there covertly issues of such...
                        Today, 01:41 AM
                      • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                        by PigHunter
                        Thanks! It's a large outdoor amphitheater and wasn't sold out. We were surrounded bya Social Security crowd with few under 50.

Jeff Beck...
                        Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X