Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what age did you become interested in fishing and hunting? and witch do you prefer hunting or fishing? Doing a survey for my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what age did you become interested in fishing and hunting? and witch do you prefer hunting or fishing? Doing a survey for my

At what age did you become interested in fishing and hunting? and witch do you prefer hunting or fishing? Doing a survey for my school class.

Very early. I began fishing with my Dad at 3-4 years old. I began hunting with him at 5 using a .22 for squirrel.
    I do not favor one over the other as I enjoy each equally.

Comment

I prefer hunting and started going out with my dad really early like Beekeeper, but probably can say I didn't use a gun till about 8 yrs old

Comment

I started fishing as soon as I was capable. I lived on a lake so it was a daily occurence. I also started hunting as soon as possible. I do prefer hunting over fishing though.

Comment

5 or 6 I started snaring rabbit, but couldnt take a gun til I was 10(provincal law), used to strap on my little plastic snowshoes and carry a "knocker", which is basically a 4 foot hardwood dowel with a large steel nut secured to one end.Any bunnies not dead in my snares got a solid whack to the head to finish them off.

Comment

I started hunting when I was about 7 and I perfer to go hunting over fishing.

Comment

I hit the 1/2 century mark this summer, and I honestly don't remember ever not being interested in hunting. I hunted all sorts of grand beasts in the house before I was old enough to really get outside and used to cut animal pictures out of dad's old Sports Afield magazines and glue them to a cardboard box for a bb gun target. Fishing soon followed, I always say that I only fish when I can't hunt, or vice-versa, depending on the season. I would not want to have to choose, it's like a big steak vs. a nice seafood buffet, I like them both.

Comment

I began hunting as far back as I can remember. First in my imagination, then with my father, then by myself as a very small child.

Comment

I've fished since I was old enough to do so...probably 4. I went hunting with my dad even before I was old enough to carry a gun, just to be in the woods and learn, which was probably a few years later...7 years old.

Comment

Oh, and it would depend on my mood for which I prefer...but I'll say fishing.

Comment

I love them both!!! Started 5 years old on fishing and 7 years old on hunting with my dad...

Comment

I prefer hunting. I have been interested in hunting and fishing my whole life. I didnt start hunting till i was 12 because in PA that used to be the minimum age requirement.

Comment

i live in pa but what they dont now wont hurt them

Comment

I was about 10 and I like hunting better.

Comment

Fishing- Before I could walk. (Ask my mom !)
                              Hunting- Not long after !
                              Good luck with your survey !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• For Sale (Used) DJ Equipment Pioneer CDJ-3000 Professional DJ multi player $500
                                by mnsolmen
                                Selling (Used. Second Hand) DJ Equipment Pioneer

Equipment is 100% fully functional Original. An Excellent Condition 85%

No...
                                Today, 08:57 PM
                              • Reply to Just Right
                                by 99explorer
                                Because guns never wear out, the manufacturers need a reason for customers to buy new guns, and new cartridges serve that need.
                                Sometimes it works,...
                                Today, 08:51 PM
                              • Just Right
                                by jhjimbo
                                Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                                Yesterday, 04:59 PM
                              • Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
                                by FirstBubba
                                The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Lyrics

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                Of the big lake they called Gitche...
                                Today, 08:07 PM
                              • TGIF; Armageddon
                                by fitch270
                                Not sure how this week will play out, the idea just came to mind.

Nickelback

“If Today Was Your Last Day”

Today, 07:11 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X