Virginia Gun Confiscation !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Gun Confiscation !

Virginia legislature has dropped it’s AR-15 confiscation ruling. They have now stated those who presently own these weapons can continue to do so, but must register them by a certain date. With registration now needed, have gun owners gained anything by being allowed to keep these arms ? It would appear the registration is next to kin of confiscation, or could be in the future. What are your thoughts ?

Unconstitutional.....do not comply.

Dunno what will happen while its being argued in the courts.

Comment

In New York, with the Safe Act, there's been widespread noncompliance, and county sheriffs refusing to enforce it.

Comment

They have to know where they are before they confiscate them. NYC did that years ago for semi auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          They have to know where they are before they confiscate them. NYC did that years ago for semi auto's.
          Jimbo, the required registration by present owners of these guns, is what would lead them to know where the guns are ! That was the question, what have these present owners gained or lost as a result of the legislature’s decision not to confiscate at this time, but being required to register their guns ?
          Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 12-11-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

It's a personal decision I'm glad not to have to make. I'd think there would be some sort of judicial stay before any law goes into effect to allow the thing to work it's way through the courts. And right now no anti gun state wants things to go through the courts,,, because all courts lead to SCOTUS, and I'm pretty sure the supremes look upon ARs differently than the state of Virginia.

Famously California had registration for SKSs and then banned them. A similar ban fell through in CT as the police themselves weren't about to turn in personal firearms.

Comment

If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.

Comment

Non compliance. Not enforced.....but an added charge when something else happens.

Somebody breaks in your house and steals it (89% of criminals guns are stolen)....you can't report it.....then youd be a criminal. Not reporting a stolen gun is a crime under some state laws....but they cant force you to incriminate.

So a stolen AR thats not registered cant be reported stolen.....so whoever yanks it cant be prosecuted for a stolen gun.

Gee....sounds like a free pass for the bad guys.......as if they dont get enough already.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Do I Know ???
                  by jhjimbo
                  You are smoking some bad weed.
                  Today, 03:42 AM
                • How Do I Know ???
                  by jhjimbo
                  How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
                  Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                  by 99explorer
                  To answer Rock Rat's question, I would say that Joe Biden would be the least objectionable candidate of the Democratic group.
                  In fact, he is the
                  Yesterday, 11:55 PM
                  by 99explorer
                  I'll say this for Rock Rat - I may not agree with him, but he has done a very thorough analysis, and has thought things through, which is more than I...
                  Yesterday, 11:32 PM
                  by jhjimbo
                  Rat, You are way off on your characterization of the candidates. In answer to your question there is not one I consider right for the Country at this...
                  Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X