• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HaHa we used to call that breaking up.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      HaHa we used to call that breaking up.
      HaHA, that's how it's still done. Just a change in terminology.

Comment

People overusing the word "amazing." Tasty food is "amazing." Actors on talk shows always say their co-star is "amazing." Your co-worker says her vacation was "amazing." What do these people say when something really amazes them?

People saying "literally" when they actually mean figuratively. "That wind last night literally blew me away!" Oh, well, I see you found your way back. Did the Tin Man get his heart?

Drivers who make a big show of stopping to let someone out into traffic, heedless of the fact that everyone else isn't necessarily on the same page. Many times, when I've been waiting to turn left, someone has stopped to wave me out when another vehicle is coming full-speed in the other lane. AND, even when it's safe, it's annoying when the person who stops is the only vehicle I have to wait for, and it would have been quicker for me if they simply maintained their speed and went on by.

The guys who write in to "Ask Petzal" and begin with "O, Mighty Petzal!" or something similar. Yep, I've learned a lot from the man myself over the years, but that crap got old a long time ago. Same with their disclaimer on the bottom about not being able to guarantee polite answers. It's gotten pretty stale.

People commenting on news sites, after an article about a shooting, who post, "Yep, just another responsible gunowner!" Aren't they clever?

Food-service workers who think wearing gloves takes care of every food-safety concern. They're handling raw chicken and then touching ten other things in the kitchen, and they say, "But I'm wearing gloves!" when you call them out on it. And how exactly do the gloves prevent cross-contamination?

College professors and administrators who think the townspeople need their intellectual and political guidance.

And last but not least, smokers who stand right in the doorway when they go outside to smoke.

Jimbo, thanks for posting this question! These pet peeves were literally killing me. It felt amazing to get them off my chest!

Last edited by MattM37; 12-11-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

How about when someone says 'very,very' Is that twice very ?

Why do so many start a sentence with 'So' ? Or 'I mean' ?

Sometimes I wonder what Country I live in.

Comment

My boy does the "I mean" thing quite often, usually when he's trying to think of how to explain something. I have no idea where he got it from, but wasn't aware of others using it.

Comment

Howabout the JACKASS that leaves his stupid "music" blasting wide open while pumping fuel.

Comment

Constant saying 'have a good day'. What is wrong with saying 'good by' ? Or, 'Hi how are you?' Do you really want to know ?
                Or saying 'OK' all the time. No, what if it is not OK.

Comment

If blacks are 10% to 15% of the population, why are they in 75% to 80% of TV ads and shows ? If I want to see blacks I would go to BET.

Comment

Had a boss who ended every instruction with, "...I mean."
                    Took me awhile to figure out, it was HIS out!
                    If stuff went sideways, his out was, "I said 'I mean", you didn't let me finish!"
                    Every time I heard him say. "...I mean.", I'd ask him, "Mean what, Frank?"!
                    Never fazed him!

pighunter,
                    I drove semis for a short time.
                    I try to give those guys a some space and a little help when I can!
                    People in little tiny cars die because they fail to read or don't understand the warning on the back of semis that says, "If you can't see me, i can't see you!"
                    Yes, there are ID-10-T truck drivers, but he weighs 35 tons, no match for even the toughest 2 ton vehicle!

Comment

I also frequent an AR site. Its members are mostly machinists, rocket scientists (really!), at least one ballistic engineer and some other geeks who aren't impressed unless you can do analytical calculus in your head while dialing a barrel crown to within .0001" accuracy!
                      Made a comment about them, "slinging numbers around like they were pea gravel!".
                      One of the moderators got all po'd and pulled my comment!
                      We had a little off site conversation with the end result of him replacing my comment with a, "Don't blame me if other people get mad at you!"

I still visit because the have good info on the 6.8mm Rem SPC.

Comment

If their only 15% of Blacks in the America why are there 95% Blacks in Jail ?? 7:00-clock TV Fla News Black Man in hand cuffs hour.What's up with that!! $15.Bucks an hour is not enough??

Comment

Where to start? Demoncrats. Rifles that will not hold zero. People in general, but especially those who have invaded my private fishing space. Politically correct idjits that say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". 95% of the morons on the road that do not know how to drive, or drive in an erratic manner due to texting or talking on a phone. People who do not like dogs. Phone solicitors, salesmen and political activist callers. Anybody that disagrees that the .30-'06 is the best all around caliber for anything. Anybody that has the slightest suspicion that my opinions could ever be wrong! Glad I got all that said! Hope everybody had a MERRY CHRISTMAS and will have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment

I had this bumper sticker made for all the texters out there, right under my watch out for motorcycles sticker. ‚Äč

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad