Pet Peeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves

O.K., here is your chance to get it off your chest. List your pet peeves, about anything. Big or small.

I hate it when cameras jump arountd in TV ad's. Usually every couple frames they change to another shot. I change the channel. Also, I hate it when the script at the bottom of the screen is not up long enough to read the entire thing
    I guess mine are TV related. I don't like news that names a County but not the State it is in. Like everybody is suppose to know.
    In print matter, I hate when they use the smallest print available when there is tons of room for larger print.
    I turn the TV channel when the car ad barkers come on - especially the ones that talk fast.

I'm a 59 yr old who reads Petzal, I gripe about everything. Just in a quieter tone when the mrs. is around close.

Comment

Pet peeves?
      Foot-freakin'-ball!!!
      Especially when it preempts my preferred TV programs.
      Treating AR hunters as if they are some type of ne'er-do-well weirdo.
      Presuming AR's are some type vile implement. An AR is just another rifle!
      Blowhards who think that their hunting methods are, or should be, THE ultimate definition of hunting.
      Making light of others physical disabilities.
      ...and yes! My OFS makes me unpleasant around some people.

Comment

It is without a question that my pet peeve is all the auto commercials on TV that do not show much about the car itself, but some supposedly ‘cute’ issue that is to warm your heart, such as kids or dogs, knowing that those ads add several hundreds of dollars to the cost of the car! Another is all the rights that are being taken from normal people and given to transgenders by ‘woke’ idiots !! Other than that I am generally pretty easy to get along with if you take my word for it, just don’t ask my wife for confirmation. But then what do women know, eh ? I guess that could be another pet peeve, but one that is totally open-ended !

Comment

One of my major pet peeves is how quickly people are to throw away good relationships. Selfishness abounds and it's way too easy to ghost someone. I'm glad to not be dating these mostly crazy women in their 40's, 50's and 60's. Hopefully PigHuntress will live a long and healthy life and I'll stay away from all that drama.

Comment

What does it mean to ghost ?
            Women my age all seem to be much older than me. Most of them are just happy with a good bowel movement.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              One of my major pet peeves is how quickly people are to throw away good relationships. Selfishness abounds and it's way too easy to ghost someone. I'm glad to not be dating these mostly crazy women in their 40's, 50's and 60's. Hopefully PigHuntress will live a long and healthy life and I'll stay away from all that drama.
              I'm not sure exactly why, but your last line made me laugh. "Honey, I love you and want you with me, always -- 'cause otherwise, I'd have to put up with a bunch of crazy b****es!"

Comment

For sure Matt! I've actually had that conversation with PigHuntress!

Comment

Horn honking. Uppity writers from the ivies.

I've noticed that once you get to know them, very young women get older quick.

Comment

Tailgaters behind me and idiots who constantly switch lanes passing on busy highways that then get boxed in so you keep going back by them time after time. Cop cars and emergency vehicles with so many bright flashing LEDs that you can’t see a thing in the road in front of you.

Can you tell I spend a lot of my day looking out of a windshield?

Comment

I cant stand anybody under the age of 30. Esp women.

​​​​​​Using the word "like" all the time, and ending sentences in a high note.
                      Lots of todays skinny jeans man bun types do that too.

Friggin morons.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                        Tailgaters behind me and idiots who constantly switch lanes passing on busy highways that then get boxed in so you keep going back by them time after time. Cop cars and emergency vehicles with so many bright flashing LEDs that you can’t see a thing in the road in front of you.

Can you tell I spend a lot of my day looking out of a windshield?
                        Fitch, you hit on a traffic issue that drives me bonkers. That is the guy/broad who remains driving in a lane that signs indicate will end in 1/2 mile, and in that 1/2 mile will not leave that lane until it forces them to cause others to stop abruptly to avoid an accident. The total disregard for others on the road !

Comment

Fitch, I agree with the multi color flashing lights. On a hazy night or fog they are so bright they blind people. Good way to run into their vehicle.

Comment

TV reporters or talk anchors ask a open ended question then keep on flapping their lips to tell the guest how to answer. Once the question is asked they should shut the pie hole and wait for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                              What does it mean to ghost ?
                              Women my age all seem to be much older than me. Most of them are just happy with a good bowel movement.
                              Jim, there's a good definition of 'Ghosting' from the Urban Dictionary:

"When a person cuts off all communication with their friends or the person they're dating, with zero warning or notice before hand. You'll mostly see them avoiding friend's phone calls, social media, and avoiding them in public."

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                You are smoking some bad weed.
                                Today, 03:42 AM
                              • How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
                                Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                To answer Rock Rat's question, I would say that Joe Biden would be the least objectionable candidate of the Democratic group.
                                In fact, he is the
                                Yesterday, 11:55 PM
                                by 99explorer
                                I'll say this for Rock Rat - I may not agree with him, but he has done a very thorough analysis, and has thought things through, which is more than I...
                                Yesterday, 11:32 PM
                                by jhjimbo
                                Rat, You are way off on your characterization of the candidates. In answer to your question there is not one I consider right for the Country at this...
                                Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X