Outdoor Life !, bu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3218.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.41 MB ID:	719378 ​ CD, Did you ever watch Tred Barta years ago. Anything outdoors and he was there.
    For RFC you have to own a CZ or they won't talk to you.
    I used to like the NRA history and gun collector shows but did not care for the characters. And Lee Ermey was always entertaining. And of course Mash was my favorite series. When I was in we had tents that were much bigger and better equipped than Mash. I was in charge, among other things, of running the 150kw (if I remember) Cummins 6-71 diesel generator. I even have it listed on my vehicle drivers license along with 40' semi and of course 'cracker boxes' Memories.
    Well, like me my license is too faded to read
    I had to laugh out loud when you mentioned RFC and being a cz owner. As a cz owner myself I got instant creeds because my cz was a 452(Classic vintage) & a 17hm2(rare). But then someone on there told me I should buy a certain type of replacement screw from the hardware, weld wing nuts on them and torque my screws to these ounces to get perfect harmonics. I left the site.
    Last edited by dewman; 12-10-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I have a CZ455 .....big whoop.

Its just OK.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about RFC. I just require minute-of-squirrel accuracy and probably wouldn't fit in on that forum.

Comment

There are some serious collectors and tuners on RFC.
          The 10/22 section is huge.
          But they have been overrun by folks that are.............silly.
          Was some of that years ago, just gotten worse.
          Not tolerable.

Comment

I’ve joined a few of the specialty sites while looking for specific info and being drawn in. After awhile I’m on to the next thing that catches my interest but it’s handy having those resources available. Usually it doesn’t take long to figure out who’s the real deal on them.

Rimfire Central cost me a fair amount of money with 4 scoped CZ’s in the safe but I’m very happy with all of them. Think I’ve probably checked in once in the last two years though.

I’ve been lurking on Rokslide since we booked the Montana trip, they have a Gear Deal forum that helped me get some great buys on gear for the boy and I. Good info on the other forums as well.

Comment

Fitch270: 4 scoped cz's, impressive. Hope they are all living up to your expectations. How many of them are scouts? Think I'll check out Rokslide for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                Fitch270: 4 scoped cz's, impressive. Hope they are all living up to your expectations. How many of them are scouts? Think I'll check out Rokslide for myself.
                One 452 Scout that I bought for the boy to start shooting the league about 4 years ago. It wears a Weaver RV-9 in Warne rings. My daughter has been using it the past two years. The first was my 455 American which had a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 3-9x40, replaced by a Weaver GS 4-16x44. After the boy outgrew the Scout we bought another 455 American and RV-9, trading in the rifle/scope combo he had won from the league. Finally another American, but this one the stainless synthetic for my wife. That gun now has the Bushnell on it. All three 455’s have BKL mounts. The Bushnell scope is the only thing that I didn’t find out about off RFC. I also have a Mueller APV I picked up after learning about them there as well, it rides on a basic 10/22 carbine. I may “loan” that scope to my SiL who is shooting the league with us. She’s using an old 3-9x40 Kassner that has a 100 yard parallax setting. Horrible set up for 50’ rimfire shooting but she’s holding her own for just starting out. I think she could pick up 5-10 points average if she could see the target in focus.

Comment

I'm pleased with my Ruger American Rimfire (Compact) and chose it over the CZ's because of the threaded barrel. With suppressor it's quieter than my air rifle.

Comment

You might be able to change the parallax. Youtube how. FWIW Leupold will do it on their stuff for 25 plus shipping.

My 455 runs the cheaper Burris 22 rings. Not 11mm clamp but if torqued to 30 in lbs they hold.

Comment

Fitch270: I envy you having a family to shoot league with. You are a very lucky man, obviously well loved and respected by your family. From now on, as the American style is my favorite as well, I will direct my cz questions to you and yield the cz floor to you when others ask. One more question: the Americans are rather thick wristed, not an issue with the ladies shooting offhand?

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                        Fitch270: I envy you having a family to shoot league with. You are a very lucky man, obviously well loved and respected by your family. From now on, as the American style is my favorite as well, I will direct my cz questions to you and yield the cz floor to you when others ask. One more question: the Americans are rather thick wristed, not an issue with the ladies shooting offhand?

Too funny, I hadn’t noticed the wrist all this time but had to check after seeing this. I humbly decline the floor, lol.

You’re right about that, both the wood stocked 455’s are fairly thick but my wife’s synthetic feels a bit narrower. The scout seems to be thinner as well but different yet. Probably because of the texture difference between the scout and the synthetic.

My daughter has really only shot the scout any amount. The only other rifle she’s ever fired was a few rounds from my 22-250 off a rest. Maybe she has 10 shells through her shotgun. My wife used a Glenfield model 20 last season, which didn’t fit her well at all. My guess is both girls probably wouldn’t notice the grip as much as the overall balance of the guns. I’ll have to keep this in mind as I’ll be looking for a centerfire for my daughter this winter.

Thanks for the kind words, I definitely feel blessed. The fact that they tend to overlook my many faults is icing on the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                          You might be able to change the parallax. Youtube how. FWIW Leupold will do it on their stuff for 25 plus shipping.

My 455 runs the cheaper Burris 22 rings. Not 11mm clamp but if torqued to 30 in lbs they hold.
                          I don't think it would be worth the effort to mess with the parallax, but if the scope got messed up it wouldn't be much of a loss. I gave the rifle/scope combo to her brother about 15 years ago just so the kid would have something to shoot. He's into the tacticool stuff now and gave it to the youngest sister. The gun is a 60's vintage Sears model 1. My SiL is really getting into this league stuff, if she stays in the area my guess is she'll look to upgrade after the season.

Comment

Unscrew front lock ring and move carrier til focused.
                            I don't want to scratch up my Leupold, so will send it in.
                            Might be worth the risk on a cheaper scope.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T97GCZqbZio

Comment

Well, I will have to admit everything has a purpose, even the OL site ! If you have a problem falling asleep nights, just switch over to OL, and you will be out in a flash. And you will not have to come up with any words of argument with anyone either, you can just be content with your own nonsense, what a happy feeling, never being judged wrong lol !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to No Witnesses
                                by jhjimbo
                                In Peter Schweizer new book 'Secret Empires', he talks about a Biden who was in the WH and set up a company, then, a short time later he got a huge juicy...
                                Today, 10:34 AM
                              • No Witnesses
                                by rock rat
                                I've been listening to the trial intermittently while driving mid mornings. For a while anyway. It's kind of funny and kind of sad. The senate is so caught...
                                Yesterday, 11:39 PM
                              • Reply to How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                How about registering as an Independent ?
                                Trump mentioned in Davos the economy is going so good he is going to start reducing the debt.
                                Is...
                                Today, 10:15 AM
                              • How Do I Know ???
                                by jhjimbo
                                How do I decide who to vote for in the November Election ? Easy, just look around at the squalor in the Cities that have been controlled (raped) by...
                                01-19-2020, 12:03 PM
                              • Reply to No Witnesses
                                by Danbo
                                pmacc what the Bidens did was enrich them selves through Joe Biden senator the Vice President. However it prolly isn’t illegal the politicians make...
                                Today, 10:12 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X