New knee in place.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New knee in place.

Got home from hospital today. Tuesday operated and replaced my broken artificial knee. First time had 12 staples, this time he had to open me up a little more I have 30 staples in my leg from way above the knee to well below the knee. He seems to think that he has me fixed up. I hope so I have been in severe pain for over 8 months. Had to give up deer season but I wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway with all the pain. Knee is pretty sore and I start PT on Wednesday, that is the worst part.

Get well, heal quick and a happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Comment

When I had my right knee replaced 13 years ago, I was so weak for several days afterwards that they gave me two pints of blood to replace what I lost during surgery.
      I could feel the vitality coming back after the first pint, but nothing more with the second pint.
      One pint would have been enough.
      Best of luck in your recuperation, Sarge, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Staple removal to me is easier than pulling stitches.
        Best regards with your PT and a speedy recovery.

Comment

Hope for a fast recovery - do the exercises, they are most important. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Rest and build your strength sir. Pray and steel your resolve to give pt all you have. Remember the pain and sweat will translate into independence and quality life later. I have prayed for you and will continue to. Gods comfort and power to you sir.

Comment

Best wishes Sarge for a quick recovery. Don't let the pain meds make you sleep though the Alabama-Auburn game tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                Hope for a fast recovery - do the exercises, they are most important. Happy Thanksgiving.
                After having two knees replaced before I know what PT brings, pure misery. I tell people that have never had it done for the first 2 weeks you wonder why did I consent to having this done.

Comment

I never tell people that a knee replacement is an ordeal.
                  I just say that they would be glad they did it, which is what I was told by a retired professional football player.
                  And it was true..

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post

After having two knees replaced before I know what PT brings, pure misery. I tell people that have never had it done for the first 2 weeks you wonder why did I consent to having this done.
                    LMBO!
                    When I had my hip done, they gave me 2 or 3 exercises to do at home. Other than that, no PT. Not a lot of ROM (range of motion) in a hip. Walk and side step.
                    Whatever I do, I can't cross my legs and I "must" sleep with a pillow between my knees.

Then came the shoulder!
                    I've never "hated" a human being in my life. This therapist came real close to being the first!
                    Cripes! He hurt me!
                    NOW......I've got almost as much ROM as my natural shoulder and little to no pain.
                    He's a sweet boy and I know he loves his momma! LOL! ...but criminy he hurt me when we started!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post

One of my good friends had both done at once when he was in his 70's.

Comment

Guy at work is back
                        Missed bow season getting a new knee. Walks way better than before.

Comment

My words echo those of others Sarge !
                          wish you the best, and a good looking therapist to make it all worth while !! I would have to think there should be some kind of benefit regarding all of this !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad