No announcement yet.

Punish or not to punish ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest polls continue to show that 50% of the public wants Trump impeached and removed, and that includes 10% of registered Republicans.
    This does not bode well for his reelection, but you boys may enjoy your celebrating right now based on your own predictions.
    Bottoms up!

Comment

Getting back on topic, I just checked and found that :
      During World War II, in all theaters of the war, the United States military executed 102 of its own soldiers for rape or unprovoked murder of civilians, and one was executed for the military offense of desertion.
      No president intervened in the judicial process to "stick up for the military," as Trump did in the Gallagher case, and military justice prevailed.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        Getting back on topic, I just checked and found that :
        During World War II, in all theaters of the war, the United States military executed 102 of its own soldiers for rape or unprovoked murder of civilians, and one was executed for the military offense of desertion.
        No president intervened in the judicial process to "stick up for the military," as Trump did in the Gallagher case, and military justice prevailed.
        I hope you don't mind if I block you. Tired of your trash.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I hope you don't mind if I block you. Tired of your trash.
          Jim, it really does make a difference to block 99explorer. I also got tired of his trash and spam postings.

Comment

Jimbo - No, I don't mind, but thanks for asking.
            You can peek in every once in a while like the other two.

Comment

Jimbo - It just occurred to me that if you also block Rock Rat and Ontario Honker, you can keep on posting new topics about Trump, and you won't hear a word said against him.
              Of course, all of our other friends, as well as our visitors, will get the full story from us, with very little feedback from the three blockers.
              Suits me fine.

Comment

Find it interesting how many senior officers interviewed broke the UCMJ.

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...rust-military/

Comment

Bubba - To quote from your Redstate article,

On the subject of war crimes, the United States has never severely punished war crimes by our own troops, even in egregious cases.

But, just for the record,

During World War II, in all theaters of the war, the United States military executed 102 of its own soldiers for rape or unprovoked murder of civilians.

Gallagher was acquitted of murder because there were no autopsy reports, and because, in the case of the enemy POW, another Navy SEAL testified that HE had taken the life of the POW in a mercy killing after the POW had been stabbed by Gallagher.
                  Last edited by 99explorer; 12-01-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Here is an excerpt from a rather lengthy article that sheds some light on the mindset of Eddie Gallagher:

No One Touch Him. He’s Mine.’

Gallagher, 40, a seasoned operator with a face weathered from eight combat deployments, sometimes went by the nickname Blade. He sought the toughest assignments, where gunfire and blood were almost guaranteed. Months before deploying, he sent a text to the SEAL master chief making assignments, saying he was “down to go” to any spot, no matter how awful, so long as “there is for sure action and work to be done.”

“We don’t care about living conditions,” he added. “We just want to kill as many people as possible.”

Before deployment, he commissioned a friend and former SEAL to make him a custom hunting knife and a hatchet, vowing in a text, “I’ll try and dig that knife or hatchet on someone’s skull!”

He was in charge of 22 men in SEAL Team 7’s Alpha Platoon, which deployed to Mosul, Iraq, in early 2017. But his platoon was nowhere near the action, assigned an “advise and assist” mission supporting Iraqi commandos doing the block-by-block fighting. The SEALs were required to stay 1,000 meters behind the front lines.

That changed on May 6, 2017, when an Apache helicopter banked over a dusty patchwork of fields outside Mosul, fixed its sights on a farmhouse serving as an Islamic State command post and fired two Hellfire missiles reducing it to rubble.

Gallagher saw the explosion from an armored gun truck. When he heard on the radio that Iraqi soldiers had captured an Islamic State fighter and taken him to a nearby staging area, he raced to the scene. “No one touch him,” he radioed other SEALs. “He’s mine.”

Here is the full article:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-in...165534632.html
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 12-02-2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad