Punish or not to punish ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post

Jimbo - I know you don't read links, so here is a quote from a summary of the court martial:

Prosecutors largely focused on text messages sent by Gallagher to friends in which he seemed to boast about the killing, or later, tried to enlist help in keeping it under wraps.

For example, prosecutors introduced text messages from Gallagher to Chief Warrant Officer 2 B.G., in which he said, "I got him with my hunting knife" with the photo of him with the dead ISIS fighter. B.G. replied, "be careful with pictures." And another text message from Gallagher to another active-duty SEAL, according to Warpinski, referenced "getting his knife skills on."

Meanwhile, the charge sheet also alleges Gallagher obstructed justice by attempting to discourage members of the platoon from reporting his actions to leadership during and after deployment. SEAL Petty Officer C.M., for instance, claimed to investigators that Gallagher told them, "I have shit on all of you. If you bring this up you all go down."
    I don't give a sheet what the court said. He "seemed to boast", give me a freakin break. That is no better than a week of faux witnesses who "saw or heard nothing", right out of clean air comes all sorts of B.S.. Both are hoaxes. I am surprised you fell for all that.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

How do you know HE circulated the pic ? You are such a pussy, they used to hang people in public square so all men, women and children could witness.
      HE posed for the photo. HE posted the bragging comments. HE has not denied it.

So it's come down to name calling? Okay, so be it ... Jimbo, you are such an uncivilized degenerate. Yes, they USED to hang people in public squares for general entertainment. And chop off their heads in public. And burn people at the stake. And draw and quarter them. But Americans have evolved into something better than that. Well, most of us have. That's what America is supposed to be fighting for. Civilized values: Morality. Ethics. Courage. Dignity. Seems the Commander-in-Chief is extremely short in all those departments. But of course we all knew that well before the last election. His many wives and kids knew about it too. Someone who is supposed to pass judgement in these delicate situations needs to have the capacity and credibility to do so. Trump clearly does not. His intervention has been all about putting on a show. Getting attention. That's what the guy lives for. That's all he's good for. Seems that's what our sick National Enquirer fake reality show addicted society craves. I guess I'll have to vote for Biden next year. He's not much but I agree with others' assessment: he's the only normal person in the running. Hopefully enough normal people show up at the polls to return some stability and honour to our government.

Comment

Honk, We are fighting for our Republic, our Democratic Republic. All those other things will come along if we are successful in defending our Republic. All the other people in the World and half the people in this Country want to see us fail. Geez, didn't they teach you that in Civics ?
        I give thanks every day for this Country and that I have survived all I have been through and am modestly successful in life. You probably don't have Thanksgiving in Canada so I'll just say I hope all is well with you the family AND, you really should try not to be so grumpy. Jim
        Last edited by jhjimbo; 11-28-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Honk, We are fighting for our Republic, our Democratic Republic. All those other things will come along if we are successful in defending our Republic. All the other people in the World and half the people in this Country want to see us fail. Geez, didn't they teach you that in Civics ?
          I give thanks every day for this Country and that I have survived all I have been through and am modestly successful in life. You probably don't have Thanksgiving in Canada so I'll just say I hope all is well with you the family AND, you really should try not to be so grumpy. Jim
          Our Republic is nothing without those "other things." We are supposed to be defending those values not waiting for them to "come along" later. Those values are what makes America better than beastly head-chopping ISIS turds. Again, this is all about not sinking to their level ... or making excuses for sinking to their level.

Canadian Thanksgiving is first weekend in October. I seem to recall you wishing me a happy Thanksgiving on that occasion in the past. Guess you forgot?

I'm the grumpy one? Really?

Comment

jimbo, you're pouring water on a ducks back.
            Honk, 99 and rock rat are the perfect example of. "There are none so blind as those who refuse to see!"

They have released a video of "Creepy" Joe bragging about withholding billions in aid from Ukraine unless the Ukraine Gov't fired the prosecutor (quid pro quo) that was about to investigate Burisma and Hunter Biden!

Absurdly, totally blind to that! Go figure!?

Comment

Make no mistake. The principal intended beneficiary of Trump's intervention in this case is Trump himself.
              He wants to be seen as sticking up for the military, to make up for his own military shortcomings.
              Guess what: there is room for another head on Mount Rushmore.
              If Trump could choose between the great Mexican wall and having his head carved on Mount Rushmore, what would he choose?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

jimbo, you're pouring water on a ducks back.
                Honk, 99 and rock rat are the perfect example of. "There are none so blind as those who refuse to see!"

They have released a video of "Creepy" Joe bragging about withholding billions in aid from Ukraine unless the Ukraine Gov't fired the prosecutor (quid pro quo) that was about to investigate Burisma and Hunter Biden!

Absurdly, totally blind to that! Go figure!?
                Here is the straight scoop on Bubba's comparison:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-and-prosecut/

Comment

Besides, even if what Trumps says is true (hah!), he is still guilty of a federal felony in soliciting help (opposition research) from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election.

Comment

Another difference in the two stories: Biden allegedly threatened to withhold funds. Trump actually did it.

Comment

And here is still another take on the "good order and discipline" point which many do not yet understand:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...100023151.html

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        Besides, even if what Trumps says is true (hah!), he is still guilty of a federal felony in soliciting help (opposition research) from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election.
                        And Shrillery paid a British citizen for a fake dossier to discredit an opponent in a national election.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post

And Shrillery paid a British citizen for a fake dossier to discredit an opponent in a national election.
                          It is no defense to a criminal charge that others have done worse.
                          If you want to charge Hillary, be my guest.
                          That was one of Trump's campaign pledges.

Comment

If it wasn't a crime then, it isn't a crime now.

Comment

"...Originally posted by 99explorerView Post
                              Besides, even if what Trumps says is true (hah!), he is still guilty of a federal felony in soliciting help (opposition research) from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election. ..."

...and the insanity continues!

Nomember 2020 is going to bring on broken hearts and deflated egos.
                              Polls show that about 20% of Trump rally attendees are (were?) Democrats!
                              I don't want to wish my life away, but I can hardly wait!

Comment

When Trump wins reelection, the Dems will become so rabid that even George Soros will appear moderate.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to China Virus
                                  by Danbo
                                  Very good article Pighunter ! It’s hard for governments to coverup something like that today when most people have smart phones. See pics out of China...
                                  Today, 12:29 PM
                                • China Virus
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Person in Seattle died. Student in Texas under observation. There would be no flu if there was not air travel. Virus hops a plane and can be anywhere...
                                  Yesterday, 06:15 AM
                                • Reply to China Virus
                                  by PigHunter
                                  But, there were trains and ships travelling the world. Here's an interesting article on the 1918 flu:
                                  https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ea...
                                  Today, 11:30 AM
                                • Reply to Memorial
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  Sigh! You lucky guys. I am looking at snow in the back yard that is up to top of Ellie's back ... and more starting to come down (just a bit though)....
                                  Today, 11:26 AM
                                • Reply to Impeachment a major blunder!
                                  by 99explorer
                                  If an impeachment resulted in overturning an election, Hillary Clinton would become president.
                                  Today, 11:24 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X