Happy Thanksgiving !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving !!

Leaving early AM Tuesday for 12 hour drive to Tenn, to have Thanksgiving with my daughter and Grandson ! Taking the time now to wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving with your families ! Best wishes !

Have a safe trip. I will be on my deer stand at daybreak on Monday, Dec 2.

Comment

I am going in the hospital Tuesday to have my bad knee replaced. Looks like I will be n the hospital for Thanksgiving.

Comment

I bought the turkey and ham, will donate a stick on venison summer sausage.....to the ol ladys family chit show. Her mom had a heart attach so wont be doing the event this yr. IMHO she should have passed that torch ten yrs ago.

Anyway, trash n drama.... bunch of losers. Guess its split into two events now at two diff places...people picking sides. Asked me to show up.....having it at her democrat twins house.

Told her no way. Not listening to that &_$# rattle. Bad enough i bang her sister.

Nope. Threw money at it, bought me a day of deer hunting.

Officially done w fam BS.

Pheasant release same day but i didnt put in for draw. Might go up Sat

Comment

As the old Jewish prayer goes,
          Psa 121:8 "God will guard your coming and your going from this day forward and forever."

Have a great Holiday!

Comment

Happy thanksgiving. Hope you all get to fill your belly full.

Comment

I don't believe I have ever attended a family function where I felt the need to go armed.
              Mace maybe, but not firearms:-))

Comment

The ol lady aint happy. I should change the locks on rhe doors while everybody is out/ gone.

It is funny. And its also serious.
                Really dont give a flip anymore.

Its over priced and over rated.....family crap. Even my brother is starting to see things my way.

My sister already of similar mind.

Guess when you grow up w no drama you really shouldnt put up with that of others. Especially when you get older. That verbal filter pretty much fails after age 40

Comment

Hell ill walk into the big office at work, everybody at desks, open concept. My boss will be there and ill say " just as i remember....". ( say it loudly ).

Everybody will look up.

And ill finish with " yup, youre still a piece of chit"

Comment

I worked w his dad at another place yrs ago LOL

Comment

Two things that make my blood boil,....liberals and the smell of cat pizz.

Comment

Thank you, Richard! I hope you and your people have a great day.

CD2, hats off to you. The family BS does just wear a man down. With mine, it's actually gotten a lot better as certain people have gotten older. When certain sisters and in-laws were in their twenties and thirties, it could get pretty fierce. (I was a teenager when all that started and found it pretty entertaining, to be honest. Not so much once I grew up myself.)

I still have one household I try not to visit -- one reason being, that particular relative's mouthiness when she's had more than three glasses of wine (which usually happens pretty quickly), and that same relative's total ignorance about good food-preparation habits. I'm not going to listen to her AND get salmonella, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                          Thank you, Richard! I hope you and your people have a great day.

CD2, hats off to you. The family BS does just wear a man down. With mine, it's actually gotten a lot better as certain people have gotten older. When certain sisters and in-laws were in their twenties and thirties, it could get pretty fierce. (I was a teenager when all that started and found it pretty entertaining, to be honest. Not so much once I grew up myself.)

I still have one household I try not to visit -- one reason being, that particular relative's mouthiness when she's had more than three glasses of wine (which usually happens pretty quickly), and that same relative's total ignorance about good food-preparation habits. I'm not going to listen to her AND get salmonella, thank you very much.
                          My mom had 5 sisters. My dad had no siblings.
                          Every year at T'giving, the house filled up with aunts, uncles and cousins and we all had a blast. Had some girl cousins that were lookers!😀!
                          Sure there were some that weren't simpatico with the others, but no cuss fights, no fisticuffs, no drunks and with six German cooks in the kitchen, good food galore!
                          Good grief! They all showed on Tues or Wed and all were gone by the following Sun.
                          They all lived out of town or out of state. We ate frozen T'giving leftovers until nearly CHRISTmas! LOL!
                          Good times!
                          Of the six sisters, my mom is the only one left at 98 years old!

Comment

My mother was the oldest of 14 !!!! 11 girls and three boys. And Grandpa was a farmer.

Comment

Happy turkey day to all, the holidays have already begun here last Saturday. Big pot of elk pho, with crackly pork (pork belly finished with layer of salt face up broiled, skin on) and spring rolls. Turkey and two roasts from the back leg of elk thawing in cooler. Will probably roast turkey and all kinds of other stuff from roasts. Big storm rolling in. No family as everyone else is on other side of world except one vegetarian brother that doesn't fly and the other holidays in S of France LOL. Friends coming by Thursday.

People should be pleasant while visiting or holidaying. Life's too short for anger. Wife beaters I've not much to say about. Get well Sarge.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad