Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redneck revenge!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Redneck revenge!

    Wife said we needed to go to the store this morning.
    We decided to wait until tomorrow when I have to go in for PT and do our WalMart-ing there.
    Good thing!
    They had a shoot out in the parking lot at the Duncan, OK Walmart about 9:45AM today!
    Two males, one female dead.
    Wounded? Not sure.
    THAT is where we would have gone this morning!

    Early police report says it was a local yokel red neck druggie p.o'd "cause Sis got sum uv memaws social security money (probably $10!) and I'm tarred uv that s#¡t!"

    Shooter is dead. We may never know "Why?".
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-18-2019, 02:22 PM.

  • #2
    I would have probably just fainted on the spot!

    Comment


    • #3
      Bubba - Here's the story about the shooting in Oklahoma.

      https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...172148332.html

      Lucky you.

      Comment


      • #4
        That probably would have been Bubba who pulled his gun.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          That probably would have been Bubba who pulled his gun.
          Certainly glad I didn't have to find out, jimbo!
          It was near the south entry we normally use.
          They released the name/picture of the shooter. He is/was Hispanic.

          Comment


          • #6
            Have you noticed that no matter what the circumstances, many news outlets are now making every shooting sound like it was a random mass shooting? Then somewhere in the article, you learn that it was two people or a group of people with a conflict already underway.

            Still a shooting, still a crime, still tragic for the victims, and all that -- but the headlines always make it sound like some madman just went and shot up a public place again.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
              Have you noticed that no matter what the circumstances, many news outlets are now making every shooting sound like it was a random mass shooting? Then somewhere in the article, you learn that it was two people or a group of people with a conflict already underway.

              Still a shooting, still a crime, still tragic for the victims, and all that -- but the headlines always make it sound like some madman just went and shot up a public place again.
              MattM37
              It appears to be "domestic violence".
              We probably won't ever know for sure, but the couple was sitting in the car.
              The shooter approached, killed the male, then the female.
              The shooter was confronted by an armed citizen, then he turned his gun on himself.
              PO'd ex or boyfriend.
              ...maybe...

              Comment


              • #8
                I think the couple was the shooter and the woman, she was cheating with the guy in the car.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                  Have you noticed that no matter what the circumstances, many news outlets are now making every shooting sound like it was a random mass shooting? Then somewhere in the article, you learn that it was two people or a group of people with a conflict already underway.

                  Still a shooting, still a crime, still tragic for the victims, and all that -- but the headlines always make it sound like some madman just went and shot up a public place again.
                  Matt, we had a discussion on that subject of mass shootings a couple of months or so ago. 99 had posted an article to the affect that there had been some 446 or so mass shootings in this country In 2019 alone. I remarked “BS” to that post and he posted information which showed the article included even two people involved in a shooting was considered a mass shooting. Just goes to indicate that figures can be stated in any manner in which to make something come out the way a person wants it to sound ! So some of the information you stated above is very correct about mass shooting info. Good observance !
                  Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 11-18-2019, 11:16 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

                    Matt, we had a discussion on that subject of mass shootings a couple of months or so ago. 99 had posted an article to the affect that there had been some 446 or so mass shootings in this country In 2019 alone. I remarked “BS” to that post and he posted information which showed the article included even two people involved in a shooting was considered a mass shooting. Just goes to indicate that figures can be stated in any manner in which to make something come out the way a person wants it to sound ! So some of the information you stated above is very correct about mass shooting info. Good observance !
                    Okay, three (3) people died.
                    Double murder, suicide.
                    Not a mass shooting.

                    Now convince the media!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Random shootings are scarier in that it could be anyone. Fear creates clicks. Clicks are money. Writers are paid by clicks as is media.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                        Random shootings are scarier in that it could be anyone. Fear creates clicks. Clicks are money. Writers are paid by clicks as is media.
                        Not a random shooting. The first two victims were targeted on purpose.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I know bubba, I'm explaining why the media reports as if random.

                          Comment

                          Welcome!

                          Collapse

                          Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                          If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                          And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                          Right Rail 1

                          Collapse

                          Top Active Users

                          Collapse

                          There are no top active users.

                          Right Rail 2

                          Collapse

                          Latest Topics

                          Collapse

                          Right Rail 3

                          Collapse

                          Footer Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X