Fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting

For fighting corruption in Ukraine, Yovanovitch sure did not make much progress. Sounds like she had a cush job for 33 years with little to no accomplishments. She might also be a soldier in the Deep State.

When she was asked by GOP counsel if President Trump was deeply concerned about corruption in Ukraine, she answered, "That's what he said."
    She's pretty sharp.
    She was being set up so that later, GOP counsel could say that "the Ambassador has testified that Pres Trump was deeply concerned..."
    Last edited by 99explorer; 11-15-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

And during her testimony, Donald Trump was attempting to intimidate her with his tweets, which may become yet another article of impeachment.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-attacks...c=bell-brknews
      Last edited by 99explorer; 11-15-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Even Brett Baier on Fox News found the Trump tweets attacking the ambassador inappropriate.

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-bret...160600331.html

Trump undermines his own defense.

"Republicans' first aim in Friday's impeachment hearing was to avoid attacking Yovanovitch so she didn't earn any more sympathy points from viewers. But Trump destroyed that strategy with one fell tweet..."

What a dope.
        Last edited by 99explorer; 11-15-2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I've met and talked to a fair number of Foreign Service Officers, often there are few to none Americans in a lot of places, usually officers are lifelong employees that have mandatory move times of 3 years. So every 3 years they have to learn a new language and move. Politically they are usually patriotic but it is almost impossible to determine who they would vote for, their job is not political. They speak the language of the host country, have many contacts, and are very informed. When wiki leaks came out I read the cables written from them directed to Washington, the reports confirmed a lot of what expats were saying about the country all along, but the foreign service separated fact from conjecture. As they testified Wednesday they are not there to give opinion but to respond to questions with facts as much as they know.

Comment

Rock - Right you are.
            And they are causing some Senate Republicans to re-think their support for Trump.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...215106177.html

Comment

I have doubts about the veracity of your last sentence.

Comment

Jimbo - You have to roll the dice and open the link if you are going to play the game.

Comment

"... As they testified Wednesday they are not there to give opinion but to respond to questions with facts as much as they know. ..."

The only "fact" Kent or Taylor revealed was what their responsibilities and duties were.
                  Everything else was hearsay, second and third hand info, conjecture and personal opinions.
                  Sad state of affairs truly. Both men were in positions where their personal and political opinions should never have been revealed.

Comment

FYI - Hearsay evidence IS admissible in grand jury investigations, such as we are seeing in the House impeachment hearings, for purposes of rendering an indictment, but may not be admissible for conviction in the Senate impeachment trial to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      FYI - Hearsay evidence IS admissible in grand jury investigations, such as we are seeing in the House impeachment hearings, for purposes of rendering an indictment, but may not be admissible for conviction in the Senate impeachment trial to follow.
                      That is a stupid rule.

Comment

And, I question your ability to judge a persons character.

Comment

Jimbo - And what is your judgment of Roger Stone's character?

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...165542443.html

Comment

Bubba when someone testifies they answer questions about what they know. If they don't know something they say so. If someone asks them about something someone said, the repeat what the person told them, if what the person told them is true or conjecture or not is irrelevant, they are only testifying about what they were told, not their opinion about it. From what I've seen most foreign service officers are conservatives as far as I can tell, I've never heard one badmouth an American politician. Often they have a military background either by themselves or in the family. Living in third world countries gives one a different perspective on our own, most people are or become fairly patriotic and loyal to the current administration. Republicans and Democrats come and go, they get transferred to many different countries, but their dedication to the US remains.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                              Bubba when someone testifies they answer questions about what they know. If they don't know something they say so. If someone asks them about something someone said, the repeat what the person told them, if what the person told them is true or conjecture or not is irrelevant, they are only testifying about what they were told, not their opinion about it. From what I've seen most foreign service officers are conservatives as far as I can tell, I've never heard one badmouth an American politician. Often they have a military background either by themselves or in the family. Living in third world countries gives one a different perspective on our own, most people are or become fairly patriotic and loyal to the current administration. Republicans and Democrats come and go, they get transferred to many different countries, but their dedication to the US remains.
                              rock rat

Felons aren't supposed to have firearms...but they get them.
                              Don't even smear that old, "they are foreign service agents, they always tell the truth."
                              They are human beings. They err. Military academy be damned.

I put about as much confidence in "hear say" as I do that a scorpion won't sting if I pick it up.

Truth be told, you don't believe in hear say and second hand info either and for you to claim differently would be an outright lie.
                              Are you a liar, rock rat?

Still waiting on an answer rock rat, not that you will ever answer.
                              Just more proof of liberal mud slinging.
                              Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-17-2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad