College Football Playoff picture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Playoff picture.

Here are the latest Associated Press rankings, reflecting the emergence of LSU at the team to beat.

1. LSU

2. Ohio State

3. Clemson

4. Alabama

5. Georgia

6. Oregon

7. Minnesota

8. Utah

9. Penn State

10. Oklahoma

11. Florida

12. Baylor

13. Auburn

14. Michigan

15. Wisconsin

16. Notre Dame

17. Cincinnati

18. Memphis

The 2019 College Football Playoff picture saw a major shake-up Saturday from Penn State's upset loss to Minnesota and LSU's triumph over rival Alabama.

The latest Associated Press poll has the Tigers with their strongest hold over the No. 1 spot yet, with Ohio State sitting second after an impressive win over Maryland. Clemson, Alabama and Georgia round out the new-look Top Five.

Comment

No. 2 ranked LSU ended an eight-game losing streak to the Crimson Tide with a stunning 46-41 victory over No. 3 Alabama. For the first time since 2011, the Tigers have finally beaten the Tide.

The win not only got the monkey off LSU's back, but it put the Tigers in the driver's seat in the SEC West. It likely cements Joe Burrow in front of the Heisman Trophy race as well. The LSU quarterback threw for 393 yards and three touchdowns, completing 31 of his 39 passes. Running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire combined for 180 total yards and four touchdowns.
      Last edited by 99explorer; 11-10-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

They're all ranked #2 AFAIC.
        Pro and college sports are dead to me, have been for a long while.

Comment

Football is a physical game for the players, and an intellectual game for the coaches and spectators.

Comment

Football is for thugs and NASCAR types.
            Or for fat old men pretending they're back in college.
            Saw lots of managers/engineers flying their school colors during season..........most rather non athletic in build. They had their little club........how cute.
            Friggin' losers. Only social setting they kinda sorta fit in.

Comment

My mom an ND fan of sorts, but she went to St Marys.
              My ol lady's sister and husband ND fans..........they never went there. Just catholic.
              My dad a huge UT fan ...........used to drive or fly to home games. Season ticket. Went to state school here. Liked the wishbone back in the day.
              They're all morons.
              Like they're stuck in 8th grade.
              Brother big time IU fan, went there, didn't graduate (his wife did).
              Whatever.

The sports and hype is just to help sell the college experience scam.
              IMHO get the degree and get the hell out.
              Last edited by CD2; 11-11-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Amazing how many college fans are all about the school they didn't graduate from.
                Pathetic.
                Just an excuse to party (tailgating).
                I can drink better beer at home, and not be annoyed by some libtard.

Comment

Think last time I played football was with stepson and buds around 2000. High school kids, some players. Me a nothing. I destroyed em.
                  Kinda honked em off.
                  I grew up playing sandlot hardcore football.
                  Our family reunion Thanksgiving day games with cousins were brutal.
                  Loved to play safety. Used to be pretty fast.

Play yes. Watch no.

Too old to play now. Neck injury from way back haunts me to this day w pain.

Comment

Great fun til you get hurt. Bangs and bruises take their toll too.
                    Best to not even play.
                    Save your health for later.
                    Everybody I know that played in HS and college is crippled now.
                    And that aint taking into account the head injuries.
                    What gets me is how almost all got way overweight too.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                      Football is for thugs and NASCAR types.
                      Or for fat old men pretending they're back in college.
                      Saw lots of managers/engineers flying their school colors during season..........most rather non athletic in build. They had their little club........how cute.
                      Friggin' losers. Only social setting they kinda sorta fit in.
                      The president is big football fan, and your description just fits.

Comment

And you aint a billionaire or president, so pound sand.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                          And you aint a billionaire or president, so pound sand.
                          Since I must follow rules and enter a message: :-)))

Comment

And here is Meryl Streep acting the part of a football fan as described by CD2:

Comment

Does Streep in that outfit arouse you more?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Season ends
                                by Amflyer
                                Got-dammit Mtnhunter, that's not news I'm keen to hear. Keep at it man, and have a blessed Christmas. Slàinte Mhath, and RTR!...
                                Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                              • Season ends
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
                                Yesterday, 12:41 AM
                              • Reply to End of an era
                                by Milldawg
                                Dew man guy who owns the land a farm of his wants the spot so I’m out. All of this started since there is monster running around out there....
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • End of an era
                                by Milldawg
                                Well lost my hunting spot of 7 years last Saturday. So now I’m joining the lease crowd. Any advice this will be my first year leasing ground next year....
                                Yesterday, 03:35 PM
                              • Reply to Season ends
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
                                Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X