Who’s minding the store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who’s minding the store?

More of the same old stuff, has anyone else noticed that the site is still running on daylight savings time a week after the change? Not a big deal but still, it makes you wonder.

Almost as strange are the hundreds of folks on the site at any given time but only the dozen or so of us regulars actually posting. It’s like we have a mini reality show going on here.

Over at Outdoor Life, there have not been any postings in more than two weeks.
    I have tried to keep it alive by posting questions, but nobody answers.

Comment

Actually, I think only the regular dozen care what's posted here.

Comment

We usually have about 400 - 500 guests at any one time during the day, which suggests we may have a total of 2,000 or more guests visiting during the course of a full day.
        Right now, there are 37 visitors at Outdoor Life.
        Last edited by 99explorer; 11-09-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah fitch270, I know that maintaining a site like this can't be cheap, but apparently, the advertising revenue continues to roll in!
          The latest on my screen is for a Cabela's "Buck Boiler" bucket for $99.99 and below that a Yamaha S×S ATV.

Your story about your Montana hunting adventure and H. Myles African adventures are about the only points of interest here.

I stopped doing turkey/deer/pig hunting stories once I realized I was doing all the work and other than the occasional "Atta boy!", getting nothing in return.

Comment

I believe a lot of potential contributors to our forums may be turned off by the hostile atmosphere prevailing in the political commentary topics.
            Some of our members, usually the Trumpsters, use rather coarse language in bashing contrary opinions, making up in vitriol what they lack in substance.

Comment

I stopped doing turkey/deer/pig hunting stories once I realized I was doing all the work and other than the occasional "Atta boy!", getting nothing in return.
              Other than a reader and an attaboy, what were you after?

Post'em anyway. It confuses the degenerates and angers the misanthropes.

Comment

Absolutely post them. In fact you should get a journal out and pick a few you wouldn’t mind sharing! If I can do it anyone can.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post

Other than a reader and an attaboy, what were you after?

Post'em anyway. It confuses the degenerates and angers the misanthropes.
                  Uhhmmm.....Untold wealth? World renown?

"The names Bubba. First Bubba.
                  Schlitz wench! Opened, not shaken."

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad