&$$×/<"'%&^* dryway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• &$$×/<"'%&^* dryway

Hey guys, need some advise. i was cleaning out my basement and had 3 sheets of drywall/sheetrock from a project long since completed. These things were in the way and the ends and sides wete getting busted up, so i can't take them back even if the store would take em. Sooo i broke them up and slipped them into the trash. Well apparent the days you can do that have come to an end. Who knew Inspector Colombo worked as a garbage man? According to the repository of all human wisdom, the internet drywall is gypsum AKA (calcium sulfate dihydrate), paper, and additives such as mica, clay, and resin. Pretty much harmless. In fact it was recommended to grind it up an toss it on the lawn or in your compost pile. Well out came the 8hp gas chipper, $50 worth of tune up and the dry wall jams it. I now have 3 contractor garbage bags of busted up drywall and no way to get rid of them. I thought of in the crawl space disposal but it can get damp in there and the paper can mold. Who needs that? Gypsum doesn't burn, but the paper does. Does it melt?. I suspect unless one of you gents has a recommended fix, i may be sneaking it in with the regular trash past inspector clouseau a little at a time for then next 3 years. Plus its wet and cold outside and i would rather type stupid drywall questions then do chores. What ya got?

Well, since you didn't think of just hauling it to the local landfill, I can presume you live in a larger metro area.
    Uhhmmm....? Maybe the grocery store for some larger than a bread loaf, smaller than an elephant boxes you could tape shut and slip by the garbage grinch?
    Got a garden?
    Spread it out, wet it down, till it in. You're correct. The stuff is pretty harmless.

I have the same (?) problem!
    I had a bunch of tires to dispose of.
    Landfill wont take them. Scrap yard charges to dispose of them.
    Can't burn them...or can you?

Stacked them all up on a pile of wood scraps.
    Patiently waited for one of those nasty, cloudy, thunderous, lightening storms to blow in. Torched it!
    Nobody the wiser!
    All it took then was rounding up all them little wires.
    Crunched 'em down in a fair sized card board box and tossed 'em in the dumpster.
    ​​​​​​​Done and done!

Comment

Where do you hunt? Scatter the pieces out in the woods or prairie. In a year , you'll barely find them.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
        Where do you hunt? Scatter the pieces out in the woods or prairie. In a year , you'll barely find them.
        Reminds me of Andy in "The Shawshank Redemption". Got rid of his cell wall debris little dabs at a time in the "rec yard".

Comment

You should be able to have your trash guy set up a pick-up; probably will charge you something for the special pickup. I would go to a construction site for a house, offer anyone standing there 5 bucks to let you throw it in their roll-off. Or be surreptitious, and throw it there for free in the dark of night.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
            You should be able to have your trash guy set up a pick-up; probably will charge you something for the special pickup. I would go to a construction site for a house, offer anyone standing there 5 bucks to let you throw it in their roll-off. Or be surreptitious, and throw it there for free in the dark of night.
            LOL! Been there! Done that!
            Did it just before dark.

Comment

Just take and break it up smaller to fit in small boxes. Tape real good and stick a box or two in the trash bag with your trash. If they can’t see it they will take it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to End of an era
                by Milldawg
                Dew man guy who owns the land a farm of his wants the spot so I’m out. All of this started since there is monster running around out there....
                Today, 11:10 PM
              • End of an era
                by Milldawg
                Well lost my hunting spot of 7 years last Saturday. So now I’m joining the lease crowd. Any advice this will be my first year leasing ground next year....
                Today, 03:35 PM
              • Reply to Season ends
                by WA Mtnhunter
                I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
                Today, 10:39 PM
              • Season ends
                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
                Today, 12:41 AM
              • Reply to Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                by Sarge01
                If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.
                Today, 10:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X