No announcement yet.

The Great Wall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimbo - $864,353 is the annual per-mile cost of maintaining the current border wall.
    What do you estimate the new wall will cost to maintain?

Comment

'99, get up to speed. https://www.steelconstruction.info/Weathering_steel

Comment

Not really following this so just curious to know is this actually going to be a wall or just post being put in the ground with wire hanging in it.

Comment

I have not been able to determine what kind of steel is in the specifications, but I remember one administration official saying that they would not be using the "most evolved" materials available, but the best "they could pay for."

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            BHR - Your high-sounding rhetoric is devoid of substance. No contradiction of facts.
            Maintenance costs are estimated at $864,000 PER MILE, PER YEAR.
            That would pay for a lot of additional Border Patrol agents, at least 10,000 or more, depending on the length of the wall.
            $864,000 per mile maintenance, per year. Just think on that a bit mr. goofy, if you believe that BS you would believe anything !!! Did you dig those figures up in a Cracker Jack box ? Or were they stated by someone VERY much against the wall in the first place ? Oh, I forgot, you love to quote that crap from your favorite links. You are like a fish with a hook in it’s mouth, clear down to the sinker ! Only difference is, you will never be a keeper !

Comment

BHR - It seems your comments of late contain no substance, just questions and insults.
              See my comment #16, first sentence.

Comment

'99, In the dry, low humidity I expect the steel wall will last a long, long time. By the time it starts to fail Congress will have revamped immigration laws to remove the desire of those below the Mexican border to crash our Southern border en mass.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  BHR - It seems your comments of late contain no substance, just questions and insults.
                  See my comment #16, first sentence.
                  You leave yourself wide open to insults, don’t blame others. Your first sentence proves nothing, were is your substance ?'

Comment

BHR - Do you want a notarized statement from the OMB?
                    Look it up yourself.

Comment

PBS " Idependent lens "did a show about small sections of wall yrs ago. The walls made folks choose other routes.
                      ​​​​​
                      Many perished. Bodies or whats left, found who knows when.....show was about group trying to ID remains and have them returned to fams south of the border.

Forensic person or charity group ...
                      Whoever she was.....made comment about how bad it was, to place walls that made people cross where death was very possible.

Well gee whiz, if death isnt a deterrent what the hell would any laws or other be?

They know the risks, choose to invade. Remember the southern Cal Mexicans telling you that it was going to be a reclaim by occupation ( maybe Texas Mexicans, I dont remember ).

When all the illegals get amnesty and vote democrat and totally ruin this country those that sided w this nonsense should be hung.

Old women trying to play extra nice to salve a wounded consceince. Shut the hell up and just sign your retirement checks to the 700 Club. You can buy your way into heaven that way.
                      Last edited by CD2; 11-05-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I sure do wish we had E-verify, it would make the work at the border a lot easier.

Every president has sent funding down to strengthen the border, heck limiting immigration used to be a Democratic issue, and it was the Republicans supporting increased work permits and reducing enforcement, how times have changed. I'm not worried about bad people crossing as much as I don't like the concept that we can't decide who we want to allow into the country.

Comment

Who we do and don't want immigrating into the U.S. is pretty simple really.

Go to a proper POE, apply for entry into the U.S. as required by law.
                          Assimilate into American society and leave your gang and terrorism roots behind.
                          If immigrants aren't willing to surrender their citizenship to their country of origin and pledge allegiance to the U.S., we don't want them here.

See rock rat! Easy peasy!

Comment

Most people are of the opinion that immigration is fine, as long as there are controls as to who is entering. It is the fact of ‘I have a right to be in your country, no matter who I am, or what threat I may pose’ attitude that closes the acceptance thoughts of so many ! Controls are not only needed, they are compulsory to our security, and it is difficult to think that there are those who will not grasp this.

Comment

I see that in our discussion, the word "controls" is now being used in lieu of the word "wall."
                              Which is a good thing, because some 40% of the illegal aliens in this country come in legally through ports of entry, but overstay their visas and get lost in the general population.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad