The Great Wall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Wall.

It seems the impenetrable wall is being compromised even before completion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6ef_story.html

Last edited by 99explorer; 11-02-2019, 04:07 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	717428 Next thing you know, they'll be stealing the plaque off the wall as a souvenir.

Comment

Probably a crazed Democrat.

Comment

There not building the Great Wall of china.

Comment

Trump's response to reported breaching of the great wall.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...er-wall-064446

Comment

Suppose to have 500+ miles built in the most important areas , plus some repaired by the end of 2020.

Comment

There is no lock or wall that will STOP a determined thief or smuggler. But you can sure slow them down or make it too difficult or costly to for them to try.

Comment

The drug smugglers are all very determined, as it is a multi-billion dollar industry.
                The great wall is a high-visibility monument to Donald Trump.
                The money would be better spent on advanced technology and more personnel.

Comment

Hole in the wall, sounds like an easy place to set up a rifle.
                  Not technically a den so would still be sporting.

Comment

I find it very difficult to understand, let alone accept, the feelings of some on this site concerning the lack of serious thought regarding the security of this country. It is rather sickening to realize that there are people who hope the wall fails in it’s job of keeping those who may pose problems of crime, drugs, gang members and other illegals from entering America. No one has stated that the wall is a complete provider of safety, but without it, just how much worse would things be ? Those who have a complete disregard of security are the real enemies of this country and are too stupid to be voicing any opinion ! The entire immigration issue can turn into a Trojan Horse realization if there are no boundaries on who enters. Not all those coming here are for our benefit, and do not do so in a peaceful manner. Wake up America !!

Comment

BHR - Perhaps you would do well to familiarize yourself with the facts of the issue.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...minent-domain/

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        BHR - Perhaps you would do well to familiarize yourself with the facts of the issue.

https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...minent-domain/
                        Facts ?? What facts ?? Those are only opinions from a biased source ! Your acceptance of facts is anything that agrees with your idiocy ! If you have a better idea (that makes sense, that is) as to protecting America’s security and the citizen’s safety, why don’t you share your supposed intelligence with us ! To your way of thinking(?) anything that is difficult is beyond doing, no matter the benefit derived from it. It is people such as yourself who are the problem here ! Get a grip 99 and pull your head out of your butt !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Facts ?? What facts ?? Those are only opinions from a biased source ! Your acceptance of facts is anything that agrees with your idiocy ! If you have a better idea (that makes sense, that is) as to protecting America’s security and the citizen’s safety, why don’t you share your supposed intelligence with us ! To your way of thinking(?) anything that is difficult is beyond doing, no matter the benefit derived from it. It is people such as yourself who are the problem here ! Get a grip 99 and pull your head out of your butt !
                          Amortized over 50 or 100 years the wall is very cost/benefit a good deal. Mexico has 26,000 Military on their Southern Border helping us keep out the undesirables. Very expensive. We owe Mexico a big debt of thanks.

Comment

BHR - Your high-sounding rhetoric is devoid of substance. No contradiction of facts.
                            Maintenance costs are estimated at $864,000 PER MILE, PER YEAR.
                            That would pay for a lot of additional Border Patrol agents, at least 10,000 or more, depending on the length of the wall.
                            Last edited by 99explorer; 11-04-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              BHR - Your high-sounding rhetoric is devoid of substance. No contradiction of facts.
                              Maintenance costs are estimated at $864,000 PER MILE, PER YEAR.
                              That would pay for a lot of additional Border Patrol agents, at least 10,000 or more, depending on the length of the wall.
                              Who said so ? The steel used develops a protective layer of corrosion and then does not corrode any further. Used successfully in bridges all over the Country. The lower cement base might need a silicone waterproofing every five years or so, just like your cement driveway. Depends on the rain exposure and temps.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to End of an era
                                by Milldawg
                                Dew man guy who owns the land a farm of his wants the spot so I’m out. All of this started since there is monster running around out there....
                                Today, 11:10 PM
                              • End of an era
                                by Milldawg
                                Well lost my hunting spot of 7 years last Saturday. So now I’m joining the lease crowd. Any advice this will be my first year leasing ground next year....
                                Today, 03:35 PM
                              • Reply to Season ends
                                by WA Mtnhunter
                                I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
                                Today, 10:39 PM
                              • Season ends
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
                                Today, 12:41 AM
                              • Reply to Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                                by Sarge01
                                If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.
                                Today, 10:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X