Beyond Meat at Burger King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
    I dont mind eating healthier but that’s if I’m actually going to eat something healthy.
    I never liked the different drugs and hormones that were given to beef to make them more valuable at market. Then the news video's of cattle going to slaughter that could not even walk. That was a disturbing video. And why do some Countries refuse to use American beef ?
    Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I never liked the different drugs and hormones that were given to beef to make them more valuable at market. Then the news video's of cattle going to slaughter that could not even walk. That was a disturbing video. And why do some Countries refuse to use American beef ?
      Just saying.
      jimbo, you need to look at the source of those videos.
      In large, commercial packing plants, USDA inspectors check each stage of the processing, from the killing floor to the storage freezer.
      Even USDA inspectors are "human" and make mistakes. I'm sure more than one has been "bought off" to pass things that shouldn't pass.
      That said, the American meat (beef, chicken, fish, buffalo, pork, sheep, etc) processing is the safest, cleanest, in the world.

USDA inspectors won't (knowingly) allow crippled or incapacitated livestock into the food supply. Those go to "not for human consumption" products.

...and not all producers use growth hormones. They can easily test carcasses for them.
      Last edited by FirstBubba; 10-29-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

The sales of impossible whoppers.....is that due to marketing and or novelty aspect? Remains to be seen if it has what it takes to be a regular item.

Refuse to eat that stuff.

Fake meat.....and people are cool with that? Proly the ones that believe in 63 genders.

What next..... Soylent Green?

Comment

CD2, Other Companies are entering the business and it is estimated the market is worth in the tens of billions. More are coming, like meatless chicken.

Correction: news tonight says market is $1.2 Trillion.
          Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-29-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

The big question - Why make something taste like something it's not? If vegans have never tasted meat, how would they know the imposter is the same taste? If you like meat, why go to fake meat? It's not healthier, it's masquerading as something to make a feel good bunny hugger come off as superior because nobody gets hurt.
            Except the ozone layer because it takes fossil fuels to cook it.
            Last edited by franchi20; 10-29-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

All hyped on AOC and her type wanting to eliminate cow farts.

Market not that big.
              Not until dems take over and outlaw everything.

Plan is wealth redistribution. Wipe out what worked.....total shift. Of course theyll profit huge from the side that has their blessing.

It aint about the friggin planet. Never was.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Just saying.
                I like to buy my meat from butchers I know. Some good free range animals. Doesn’t taste that different to me.

Comment

Amazing how fake other foods are considered poison by lefties/hippies but this fake meat has some acceptance within.

My guess is when the middle class goes broke and everybody gets food stamps the only meat that theyll be good for is the fake type.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                    Amazing how fake other foods are considered poison by lefties/hippies but this fake meat has some acceptance within.

My guess is when the middle class goes broke and everybody gets food stamps the only meat that theyll be good for is the fake type.
                    Change.org is now pushing to change Halloween to the last Saturday of October. Not a bad idea, really -- but I read that and thought, They really are just looking for a wholesale change from everything that's in any way traditional. Doesn't matter what makes sense, doesn't matter what works -- if it's something traditonal, it's gotta be changed. Here's an outfit that's concerned with equal rights, helping the poor, etc. -- but now they're talking about when kids go trick-or-treating?!!

Comment

I've eaten deep fried vegi stuff before and it tastes ok. Anything with lots of protein is going to make you feel a lot more full. Scientists can make it taste good. Look at tempe which is cracked boiled soy beans inoculated with fungus and the mycelium allowed to grow overnight. Deep fried it's pretty good. A lot easier to eat than simply boiled soy beans. Soy also is good at sucking up any heavy metals in the field, so if they fertilize with what is left from waste water treatment it might not be so good. Most ag is grown with nitrogen produced with lots of carbon right? Any farmers here to set me straight? So anyway all foods are bad, starve. Meat/no meat isn't as much of a concern as the N used to grow the corn used to put the weight on the cattle and pigs.

All that said my big chest freezer is just about full with free range elk, and if my kid gets one in December/January I don't know what we're going to do, sell it to Burger King maybe.

Comment

rock rat

"... Soy also is good at sucking up any heavy metals in the field, so if they fertilize with what is left from waste water treatment it might not be so good. ..."

Back up rat.
                        Per your beloved EPA and state natural resource departments will allow "treated" sludge to be applied to crop lands.
                        Per the "rules", those fields can't be used to produce food crops for several years. Not sure, but it was like 5 or 10 years.
                        The fields can be used to produce hay and livestock feeds, but not food crops for human consumption.

Comment

If I want a "vegan" burger, I'll go shoot a tree.
                          Clean it, gut it and grind it up.

Comment

Remember, beans and peas work in conjuction with bacteria(Rhizobium) to pull nitrogen from the air which is stored in their roots, much of which is returned to the soil at harvest. It's why corn, alfalfa, and some type of bean makes such a good rotation.

Comment

Beyond Meat and the Impossible Burger do have better nutritional profiles than beef burgers: Less calories, more protein, less fat. Compared to a 4-ounce beef burger with 20 percent fat content, a Beyond burger has 20 fewer calories, 3 fewer grams of fat, and one more gram of protein. An Impossible Burger has 50 fewer calories, 8 fewer grams of fat; and the same amount of protein. Both plant-based burgers have no cholesterol, compared to 80 milligrams in a beef burger. And both have more fiber, essential for bowel regularity. Combine that with the large body of research linking meat consumption to disease risk, and you have a pretty convincing case that the world’s health would be better off if we replaced traditional meat with these products.

Comment

Remember a yr or so back, Arbys did red deer sandwiches. They sold out too ( weekend deal..,liked their orange Arbys hat that said " its meat season " ).

Change you gender, change your race, might as well change food and holidays too.

Friggin people have lost their damn minds.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                                  by CD2
                                  Honestly, I would not feel handicapped running a smooth bore shotgun for deer out to 125 yards or so. If I had to, it'd be the green/black camo old M500...
                                  Today, 12:35 PM
                                • High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                                  by Freewolf1
                                  I've seen other threads and comments about putting see through or high rise mounts on a marlin 336 30/30. I understand that these mounts make for a change...
                                  11-27-2019, 07:18 PM
                                • Reply to High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                                  by CD2
                                  I had an 835. Older one. It worked fine.
                                  But it was a Mossberg.
                                  I hate a thick wrist on a shotgun.
                                  Read that the new bismuth #2 in...
                                  Today, 12:31 PM
                                • Reply to Outdoor Life !, bu
                                  by PigHunter
                                  Thanks for the heads up about RFC. I just require minute-of-squirrel accuracy and probably wouldn't fit in on that forum.
                                  Today, 12:01 PM
                                • Outdoor Life !, bu
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  It has been over a month since anything new has been posted on OL ! Is that site dead in the water, or is there a reason to keep it alive ? Is there...
                                  Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X