Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond Meat at Burger King

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beyond Meat at Burger King

    I had the Impossible Whopper at Burger King the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. Very tasty and probably better for you. It comes with all the toppings and is very satisfying. Don't know if Beyond Meat Company is the supplier or not, have also seen their burgers and sausage in the market.

  • #2
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    I had the Impossible Whopper at Burger King the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. Very tasty and probably better for you. It comes with all the toppings and is very satisfying. Don't know if Beyond Meat Company is the supplier or not, have also seen their burgers and sausage in the market.
    Jim, my standards must be different from yours. PigHuntress and I tried one about 4 weeks ago in spite of the warning from the worker behind the counter and the cook in the back. The first thing that struck us was the unpleasant smell. The workers hate it and said it stunk up the whole place every time they had to serve one... and they were right! Then there was the taste, one bite and PigHuntress was spitting it out. I thought yeah, right, she may be too picky, so I took a bite. I spit it out too and took the whole thing to the trash bin.

    The workers said "I told you so." when I went back to the counter to order a regular Whopper. But I aways say "To each their own." Heck, you Yankees might just eat anything since you like hash browns instead of grits and don't drink sweet iced tea.

    Comment


    • #3
      Think beyond meat is also going to make it for McDonald’s. It’s a Canadian company. I have a vegetarian in the family and as far as he is concerned it’s not very healthy for you. They stick a lot of stuff in there that’s not really good for you but what is nowadays. Might be better than meat but all in moderation should be good for you.

      Comment


      • #4
        You must not have been at Burger King - nothing like what you said was experienced when I ate one - in fact I would bet anyone they could not tell the difference to a cow burger. You had a bum experience.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          You must not have been at Burger King - nothing like what you said was experienced when I ate one - in fact I would bet anyone they could not tell the difference to a cow burger. You had a bum experience.
          Yep, it was at Burger King. Otherwise, how could I have ordered a Whopper?

          Comment


          • #6
            First of all, ask yourself, would beef try to taste like vegetables?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

              Jim, my standards must be different from yours. PigHuntress and I tried one about 4 weeks ago in spite of the warning from the worker behind the counter and the cook in the back. The first thing that struck us was the unpleasant smell. The workers hate it and said it stunk up the whole place every time they had to serve one... and they were right! Then there was the taste, one bite and PigHuntress was spitting it out. I thought yeah, right, she may be too picky, so I took a bite. I spit it out too and took the whole thing to the trash bin.

              The workers said "I told you so." when I went back to the counter to order a regular Whopper. But I aways say "To each their own." Heck, you Yankees might just eat anything since you like hash browns instead of grits and don't drink sweet iced tea.
              Hey, now. This son of the North Country is a sweet-tea swiller from way back. Much prefer the sweet to the unsweet. True, I don't eat grits -- but then I don't eat hash browns, either. I do like chunks of fried potato, though, when I cook bacon and eggs. You take last night's leftover boiled potatoes, chunk 'em up, and fry them in the skillet you just took the bacon out of. When you eat, you dip each potato-chunk in your egg-yolk. It's a good breakfast on cold-weather deer hunting days.
              Last edited by MattM37; 10-28-2019, 07:56 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                FACTS: impossible Whopper has same calories and fat content as well as MORE salt(sodium). This is from Burger King themselves.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The meat in a fast-food sandwich isn't really my main health concern. Give me a whole-grain bun (or at least something that's not lily-white and about as substantial as cotton candy), give me some vegetable garnishes that actually still have some vitamins in them, and then we can start talking "healthier" sandwich.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dewman View Post
                    FACTS: impossible Whopper has same calories and fat content as well as MORE salt(sodium). This is from Burger King themselves.
                    Yup. My sense from their first press releases is that they're more concerned with the "no animals killed for this sandwich!" part of it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dewman View Post
                      FACTS: impossible Whopper has same calories and fat content as well as MORE salt(sodium). This is from Burger King themselves.
                      It is clear it is not for you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        According to the sales at Burger King, the Impossible Whopper has been a big success.

                        https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/28/inves...yes/index.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          According to the sales at Burger King, the Impossible Whopper has been a big success.

                          https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/28/inves...yes/index.html
                          Nobody said American fast food consumers are geniuses.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The truck that delivered the impossible patties to your local Burger King...........ran over a squirrel and rabbit on the way to deliver.

                            Still blood on the hands of the vegan customer.

                            Feel good nonsense.
                            Burger King is dead to me.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I dont mind eating healthier but that’s if I’m actually going to eat something healthy.

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X