No announcement yet.

Give them all they need ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
    When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which is illegal.

con·flict of in·ter·est

noun
    noun: conflict of interest; plural noun: conflicts of interest
    • a situation in which the concerns or aims of two different parties are incompatible.
      "the conflict of interest between elected officials and corporate lobbyists"
      • a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity.
        "Watson quit his job after questions about a possible conflict of interest"

Comment

I believe previous Presidents received gifts from foreign entities that they then kept when they left office. Give me a break.

Comment

Well, it looks like carrying the fight to the Democrats by counter-punching Schiff didn't turn out to well.

​House Democrats block GOP resolution to censure Schiff

Monday, 7:12 p.m.: House Democrats on Monday blocked a vote on Republican resolution to censure House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff over his handling of the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

Lawmakers voted to table the censure resolution, effectively killing it, by a vote of 218 to 185. The vote fell completely along party lines, with independent Representative Justin Amash, a former Republican, siding with the Democrats.

The measure was introduced last week by GOP Representative Andy Biggs of Arizona, the chairman of the conservative House Freedom Caucus. It cited several reasons for Schiff's censure, including his recitation of an embellished account of the call between Mr. Trump and the president of Ukraine during a congressional hearing, his accusations that Mr. Trump was colluding with the Russians and contact between committee staff and the whistleblower. --

Comment

I think Trump needs to come up with a good defense - like a believable reason for holding up the Ukrainian military aid, and give up on that cock-and-bull story about waiting to be sure there was no corruption in the Ukraine. Give us a break!

Comment

The Pentagon released the money in April, Trump had nothing to do with it. Ukraine did not even know it was coming.

Comment

Trump put a hold on the money a week before the July 25th phone call, and did not release it until September 11th.
              That is six weeks, which is the exact duration of the Battle of the Bulge in WWII.
              The Ukrainians thought the money was coming, but did not know that there was a presidential hold on it.

Comment

Sean Hannity is defending Trump's use of the words, "I would like you to do us a favor though," saying that it was just a common expression used by the president.
                He must ask for a lot of favors.
                Picture a little 5-year-old boy sitting at the dinner table, and his mother saying that they were going to have apple pie for dessert.
                The little boy says, "I love apple pie."
                Then the mother says, "I would like you top do mommy a favor though, and finish eating your spinach."
                Do you think the little boy would not make the connection?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to End of an era
                  by Milldawg
                  Dew man guy who owns the land a farm of his wants the spot so I’m out. All of this started since there is monster running around out there....
                  Today, 11:10 PM
                • End of an era
                  by Milldawg
                  Well lost my hunting spot of 7 years last Saturday. So now I’m joining the lease crowd. Any advice this will be my first year leasing ground next year....
                  Today, 03:35 PM
                • Reply to Season ends
                  by WA Mtnhunter
                  I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
                  Today, 10:39 PM
                • Season ends
                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                  On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
                  Today, 12:41 AM
                • Reply to Virginia Gun Confiscation !
                  by Sarge01
                  If Virginia had followed through with their anti gun legislation you would have seen the start of the 2nd civil war in the US.
                  Today, 10:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X