ATV tie down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV tie down

I put sides on my new ATV trailer so I can not get to the side pockets in the front unless I cut a hole in the side 1X12's and I don't want to do that. . Went with D rings on the 2"X6" deck boards held on with grade 8 bolts and 2" fender washers with lock washers on the bottom. For the back straps I can access the side pockets. I use a truck size ratchet strap in the front and probably 2" in the back.

Just for interest I include a pic of WD-40 after it sets . I think the precipitate is fish fat that got through the filter screen. I think that is why it works so well when sprayed on lures. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3168.JPG Views:	0 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	716010
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-12-2019, 11:00 AM.

I guess that will do for light loads. I wouldn't use that for the ATV and would instead tie to the metal rails low in back and high in front.
    Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Just for interest I include a pic of WD-40 after it sets . I think the precipitate is fish fat that got through the filter screen. I think that is why it works so well when sprayed on lures]
      Just get som ratchet straps and your good to go with the atv. As for WD40 never could figure it out. Always thought it was the grease trail that got them. Never could find out exactly what’s in it.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        I guess that will do for light loads. I wouldn't use that for the ATV and would instead tie to the metal rails low in back and high in front.
        My ATV weighs about 750 and those D rings are for something like 5,000. I was going to use backer plates thinking the deck was 1", but it is 2X6 so went with double fender washers. I run a ratchet through the grill protector in front and around trailer hitch in back. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3178.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	716036

Comment

I kinda agree with pighunter.
          With a tailgate and side rails, the ATV isnt going anywhere.
          A ratchet strap across front and rear to the side rail of the trailer to keep it from bouncing out oughta do it.
          IF you hit a bump rough enough to bounce an ATV out of that trailer, you won't be worried about the ATV!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad