ATV preperation for season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV preperation for season

Outdoor Life has an article with good reminder of things to do to your ATV to get ready. (Picture in article is Grizzly 600 like my machine)
    I have only had my Yamaha back to dealer once in 20 years ( at about 800 trail miles), to clean carbs.
    I do use Mobil 1 oil so change it and filter about every other year. I use only NGK plug and carry a spare. Yamaha recommends you DO NOT use a pressure washer to clean the machine, garden hose is enough. I add a small amount of StaBil and keep the tank full to the top with 93 octane during off season. I cover the controls overnight during rain or snow. Deer are brought to a central location and I tie them together and pull them all back to camp. I have pulled a pile of 6 or 8 all at once with no problem. So far it has never let me down.

We test drove Jeep Rubicons when they first came out. Was at some smaller ritzy towns dealership. Said the snobs there pressure wash everything. Not a good idea.

Comment

I’m dropping the Honda SxS off for service and having a snowplow installed just before we head out west. I’ll pick it up when we get back. There are a couple things I want checked that I’m not familiar with working on and I’d rather be playing now than doing projects, especially ones I may not have the right tools or equipment for. I’m not wasting half a day for something that might take them an hour to get done.

Comment

I had my Suzuki back to the shop for tune up after 8 years. I have a snow plow on mine to push snow and a trailer to do yard work around the house. I only use mine hunting for deer season. I need to get a battery tender for mine because I don't use it much and my biggest problem is batteries going bad. With my physical condition now I couldn't get to my deer blind without my ATV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post
          I had my Suzuki back to the shop for tune up after 8 years. I have a snow plow on mine to push snow and a trailer to do yard work around the house. I only use mine hunting for deer season. I need to get a battery tender for mine because I don't use it much and my biggest problem is batteries going bad. With my physical condition now I couldn't get to my deer blind without my ATV.
          About the only thing the Yamaha Dealer told me about using the ATV is not to always run it at the same speed. The belt can wear a grove in the drive clutch. etc. In Ohio you should have the machine registered and you get a little metal plate. My ATV is also hard on the battery evenwith tenders. And the one I need is always the most expensive.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad