Dick's scraps AR-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick's scraps AR-15

Just saw the early local news with network feed. Dick's Sporting Goods just announced they scrapped 5 million dollars worth of "assault rifles". Turned them into recycled mush. That outta make the shareholders happy.

There is only one "Dick's" within 100 miles of me. When the one finally opened, I made it a point to try to go see it.
    By the time I got to that town, they had pulled their AR15's.
    I have not been, nor will I go.
    They won't miss my few meager dollars, but I'll have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't spend it there!

Comment

Eh. It was a 5 million dollar feel good commercial.....trying to get more liberals to buy soccer gear there. Thought those the only ones spending money there anyway....after they yanked ARs after Sandyhook.

Comment

Sporting goods retailer gender reassignment....
        cut off the Dicks.

Comment

Will a Dick's credit card go through a paper shredder ?

Comment

OK CD2, I laughed.

Two exits past Dicks is a Cabelas, and even better 3 exits later is a Sportsman's Warehouse. Not sure they do real well here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              Will a Dick's credit card go through a paper shredder ?
              Yessiree Bob!

Comment

I'm glad they did it. Lowering the supply gives the makers a demand to make more thus staying in business longer. I mean, scrapping them didn't stop demand. Who says," If I can't buy my guns from Dicks then I'm not buying any." Get real. Smaller gun stores may get a few more customers thru their doors shopping. Even if they don't buy an AR they might buy some Hoppes or couple boxes of ammo right. It's all good. I've prophetically said for years " If you guys are gonna act like Dicks, then you get what you deserve."

Comment

Ammo selection at Cabelas was good but my LGS cheaper. Only go to checkhunting clothes and my closest one is small..... doesn't carry the stuff i want ( is in catalog ). When everybody else is sold out.....Cabelas proly has some left......due to higher volume stocking......and the high prices LOL.

Sportsmans warehouse closed nearby ( 30 min drive). A new one is 90 mins away.

Dicks.....40 minute drive....to closest. Havent been there forever. Miss the old Galyans.

Did buy camo, ammo, safe and other at local MCSports. Whole chain went under.

​​

Comment

I haven't been in Dick's nor F&S in about 18 months. Was a loyal customer before they announced the AR ban.

Comment

Last update, locally, included the bit about Dick's losing $225M since the head decision maker went with his conscience. "I don't want one, so nobody should have them."

I'm all for, and will strongly defend, personal integrity. IMHO, he should have stepped away in protest instead of tanking the company.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                        Just saw the early local news with network feed. Dick's Sporting Goods just announced they scrapped 5 million dollars worth of "assault rifles". Turned them into recycled mush. That outta make the shareholders happy.
                        I'm sure the shareholders were consulted via the board of directors. Five million dollars worth of assault rifles? Only a couple dozen of those overpriced pieces of crap. I would rather not see that junk taking up shelf space anyway but scrapping them seems a bit goofy. I thought Dick's pulled those things quite a while ago? Hard to believe they just stuffed all those MSRs in the back room somewhere and hung onto them. Sounds like a phoney publicity stunt that probably involves more fiction than reality.

Comment

Proly declared them "old stock", wrote off as a deductible and then. Claimed " we took a 5 million dollar hit because we care" ( based on MSRP ).

Cheap advertising to get more libs to shop there

Comment

No way they p*ssed away a full 5 million. NOBODY in biz has that much backbone/ morality.

Might lose a million on some hooker and blow.....but not 5 million.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Give them all they need ...
                              by 99explorer
                              Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
                              When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
                              Today, 07:29 PM
                            • Give them all they need ...
                              by jhjimbo
                              I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
                              10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
                            • Reply to Snapshot
                              by FirstBubba
                              Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
                              I've never carried over about $1500.
                              Today, 07:27 PM
                            • Snapshot
                              by jhjimbo
                              What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                              I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                              Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                            • Reply to Snapshot
                              by PigHunter
                              "Not much blue tooth crap is durable enough for my lifestyle. Can't imagine what would happen if the canoe tipped over wearing that stuff. Your voice...
                              Today, 07:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X