He The Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I see some of us are not up to speed on the facts of the matter.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/life...154503291.html
    Who has the facts ?

'99, I don't usually read links. If it is worth reading it is worth you writing a synopsis.

BHR, I think Trump was elected to get us out of conflicts we have been in for decades. I am not a total isolationist, but I am sick and tired of intervening in other peoples conflicts. It is a no win situation to do so - we should have learned that lesson by now. IF we do deem it in our best interest to become involved then I would require the children and grandchildren of politicians in Washington are the first to go. JMO
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-09-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Jimbo - You have to read the link.

Comment

I see some of us are not up to speed on the facts of the matter.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/life...154503291.html
        If this information is correct, and if Trump does not change his action in this matter, I must say this is his biggest mistake he could possibly make. If this is carried thru, we as a country will have little if any backing from allies in the future. This issue can not possibly be allowed to happen. Support the Kurds or we as a nation lose all credibility and free world respect. Trump can not be that stupid, or at least we should all hope not !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

Richard, you've got to be kidding in this post. Our nation changes leadership every 4 to 8 years. We've got no credibility to lose.

I once met an older Cuban immigrant at the shooting range who actually had been at The Bay Of Pigs incident. He didn't think much of our credibility either.

Spending lives and billions of dollars in the Middle East has gained us what???
          We have disagreed on issues in the past PH, and we seem to disagree on this. Your question concerning what have we gained could just as well be asked; what would we have lost by not taking action ? Your question can not be answered, nor can the other, so ......... where are we ?

Comment

BHR, I can answer the question. We have lost thousands of soldiers and trillions of dollars and in a lot of cases NOTHING has changed. I say, get out and let the locals fight it out. Thank you Donald Trump.

Comment

We fight in foreign wars so we don't have to fight on American soil.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                BHR, I can answer the question. We have lost thousands of soldiers and trillions of dollars and in a lot of cases NOTHING has changed. I say, get out and let the locals fight it out. Thank you Donald Trump.
                Jimbo, do you really think that without US intervention that ISIS would have been defeated by locals ? They grew to the power they had because the locals were unable to keep them in check. Just how powerful do you think they should be allowed to become before they are then a threat to us on American soil ? If the Kurds are willing to do the fighting for us, isn’t that exactly what you are asking for ? Now you say it doesn’t matter what happens to the Kurds through Trump’s actions ! Do you have any idea about what you are arguing ?

Comment

That's got to be one of the most naive, dumb a$$ statements you've ever made.
                  PH, I have not always agreed with many things 99 has stated. BWT being said, I see nothing disagreeable with his post as to us fighting on foreign soil and not on American soil. Take a poll and see how many of our users would rather the war be on Middle East soil, or in the streets of their home towns here at home. You can then send the results to Trump. 99 is totally correct in his post ! And if not, just how would you re-word his post ?

Comment

BHR - Thank you, but I think our friend PigHunter is on record as saying he wants to forget 9/11 and the pictures of the attack.

Comment

BHR, Let the locals fight it out where ever and when any are left and are our enemy and clearly identified we will then knock the sheet out of them - any place, any time. We have been in too many situations where we can't even tell who the enemy is. JMO

Comment

Our president has business interests in Turkey. There are twin Trump towers in Istanbul which he does not own, but licenses his name for a fee.
                        The Turkish government has threatened to take the Trump name down in the past, and may have done so last week, which would explain this.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...172000541.html

Comment

PigHumper - And you want to bring the boys home for Christmas!
                          Hoorah! Hoorah!

Comment

There's been too many resources spent for little results. We needed to have spent those funds at home, securing our borders and taking care of our own. Obama should have never gotten us involved in Syria. It's just more evidence of his administration's foreign policy failures in the Middle East.
                            PH, I would not even begin to argue with you on those points. But we have seen that the issue of ISIS can not be controlled without intervention from other than locals. If ISIS gets another foothold in the region, gains power and confidence, are we to feel safe in this country ? If we think 9-11 was a one time victory for terrorism, shame on us ! We can not rely on others to look after our safety in America. I certainly am not happy about our military losses (I have a grandson in the Army) but what is the answer. And please do not tell me it is up to the locals, we have already seen the results.

Comment

Jimbo - You have to read the link.
                              No I don't

Comment

President Trump warned Turkey, Irdiwan (sp), if he acts irrationally there will be an economic price to pay. Is that a Qid Pro Quo ??

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad