Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Proposed Gun Safety Bill

You can find it at strong Ohio proposal

I have thought for years the background data base should be available to everyone. Ohio proposal makes sense to me.
    The Doctor thing might not work. IF a person is considered 'unfit' by a Doctor, I think the Doctor would be very reluctant at a future date to declare that person 'fit' to possess a firearm. The liability factor would be unbelievable and I doubt the Doctors malpractice insurance would cover such liability.

Comment

No, no, no, no, no, no, jimbo!
      The NICS system should NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER,....be available to ANYONE for ANY reason! ESPECIALLY to the general public!

NO! NO! NO!

Doctors should be dealing with medical issues!
      They have NO business reporting their patients medical OR mental condition to ANYONE!
      ESPECIALLY to the government!

NO! NO! NO!

HELL NO!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
        No, no, no, no, no, no, jimbo!
        The NICS system should NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER,....be available to ANYONE for ANY reason! ESPECIALLY to the general public!

NO! NO! NO!

Doctors should be dealing with medical issues!
        They have NO business reporting their patients medical OR mental condition to ANYONE!
        ESPECIALLY to the government!

NO! NO! NO!

HELL NO!
        I said years ago if the firearm industry did not come forward with some sensible ways to alleviate the general public concern the Legislators would step in and pick up the mantle. My prediction is coming true and we will be sorry when we see what we will get.

Comment

jimbo, you have a Chicken Little, "The sky is falling!" attitude.
          You fear what "may" happen.
          I know what "can" happen.

You see me as hard headed. Sobeit!
          I'm very aware that if the (D)'s regain power, gun rights are out the window and though they may not repeal the 2A, they will rewrite it and legislate it into oblivion.
          "LISTEN" to Bozo O'Rourke!
          "Hell yes we're coming for your AR's and AK's!"
          I believe him!

You can't be "squishy" on the 2A. You WILL lose.
          I may eventually lose, but it won't be because I didn't fight tooth and toenail! Not only for MY gun rights, but for YOURS, too!

You're welcome!

Comment

jimbo, you have a Chicken Little, "The sky is falling!" attitude.
            You fear what "may" happen.
            I know what "can" happen.

You see me as hard headed. Sobeit!
            I'm very aware that if the (D)'s regain power, gun rights are out the window and though they may not repeal the 2A, they will rewrite it and legislate it into oblivion.
            "LISTEN" to Bozo O'Rourke!
            "Hell yes we're coming for your AR's and AK's!"
            I believe him!

You can't be "squishy" on the 2A. You WILL lose.
            I may eventually lose, but it won't be because I didn't fight tooth and toenail! Not only for MY gun rights, but for YOURS, too!

You're welcome!
            You are the one crying NO,NO,NO. You think you are holding a full house in defense of the 2nd, but the momentum is so strong for reasonable control your hand is more like three of a kind. I think the ability of anyone to get a background check is a great thing. Nothing lost but a lot going toward appeasement of the group calling for same. What is wrong with that ?

Comment

"... Nothing lost but a lot going toward appeasement of the group calling for same. What is wrong with that ? ..."

Because it won't "appease" them jimbo. It will only whet their appetite for more and more and more......
              Until the 2A and gun rights are gone.

Comment

"... Nothing lost but a lot going toward appeasement of the group calling for same. What is wrong with that ? ..."

Because it won't "appease" them jimbo. It will only whet their appetite for more and more and more......
                Until the 2A and gun rights are gone.
                I think you are overly paranoid - work and vote for Trump and we can work on the 2nd over the next 5 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I think you are overly paranoid - work and vote for Trump and we can work on the 2nd over the next 5 yrs.
                  Not "paranoid", jimbo.
                  Just acutely aware of the liberal agenda.

Comment

Not "paranoid", jimbo.
                    Just acutely aware of the liberal agenda.
                    Everybody knows what the liberals agenda is. That does not mean they can achieve any part of their agenda. Stand by Trump and Conservative Congress and support the NRA and I think we will be o.k..

Comment

Then what is this "appeasement" B.S. all about?

Comment

Then what is this "appeasement" B.S. all about?

What I am saying is a background system that works would satisfy a huge contention of the anti's. I thought you would see that.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

What I am saying is a background system that works would satisfy a huge contention of the anti's. I thought you would see that.
                          They've already passed a "Fix NICS" bill to insure(?) that crimes are properly reported to NICS.

"... would satisfy a huge contention of the anti's. ..."

There you go again, jimbo!
                          You can no more reason with the anti-gun crowd than you can reason with a rabid dog.
                          In fact, you'd probably have better luck reasoning with the rabid dog!

The anti-gun "agenda" is the total and complete disarming of America, up to and including "look-alike" toys.

Comment

jimbo, this is a perfect example of why NICS shouldn't be available to the general public.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/flo...#axzz61rfd9tHO

Comment

jimbo, this is a perfect example of why NICS shouldn't be available to the general public.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/flo...#axzz61rfd9tHO
                              I think it's a great idea. Did not read link.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Five Senators
                                by 99explorer
                                BHR - Guilt has already been established.
                                The only question before the Senate is whether the president's conduct is serious enough to warrant removal
                                Today, 12:49 AM
                              • Five Senators
                                by jhjimbo
                                The game plan of the DEMS is to get the 5 Senators who are up for election in Nov, to break with the Conservatives and join the DEMS in voting for impeachment....
                                Yesterday, 12:27 PM
                              • Reply to Hope it's still OK to post hunting topics
                                by 99explorer
                                Buckhunter - Welcome back. Glad you kept trying.
                                Today, 12:39 AM
                              • Hope it's still OK to post hunting topics
                                by Amflyer

Took the pup out for a hunt on public land. Late-season public hunts stink around here, so I wasn't hopeful. But took along the camera and...
                                01-21-2020, 02:16 PM
                              • Reply to Ponder This
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                As far as the chinks are concerned, the US has put itself into a very dangerous position with it’s association with that POS country. I would not trust...
                                Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X