No announcement yet.

Impeach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump made an offer in front of witnesses, yet we have no way of knowing if he would have actually followed through, or if the aid would have been granted regardless. Hardball politics if you ask me, but what do I know.

Schiff’s desperate. I watched a couple minutes of the end of the hearing and the guy looks worn out. He’d probably get more traction on this if he hadn’t harped on collusion for so long.

If he wants the whole transcript they should check on Hillary’s servers.

Comment

I don't like the word "parody" applied to the transcript of the phone call to the Ukraine president.
      If the word is being used to discredit the transcript, remember that it was prepared by the White House and approved by the president for release to the public. He apparently didn't see anything wrong with it.
      Considering that it was a 30-minute phone call, I think it would be more appropriate to call it an "abbreviated transcript."
      Or "redacted transcript."

Comment

Breaking news.
        Hillary Clinton, of all people, has just come out with the remark that Trump is a "corrupt human tornado."
        That is rich, coming from the pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

"... If he wants the whole transcript they should check on Hillary’s servers. ..."

LMBO!

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            I don't like the word "parody" applied to the transcript of the phone call to the Ukraine president.
            If the word is being used to discredit the transcript, remember that it was prepared by the White House and approved by the president for release to the public. He apparently didn't see anything wrong with it.
            Considering that it was a 30-minute phone call, I think it would be more appropriate to call it an "abbreviated transcript."
            Or "redacted transcript."
            Schiff started the hearing with an outlandish reading of the "phone call"

Only when they called his hand on it did he recant and admit, "That was a parody of the phone call!"

If my ultimate goal is the impeachment of POTUS, I can't imagine opening the hearing with a parody of the only evidence I had as anything but pure insanity!
            Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-27-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

If he wants the whole transcript, he should check with the White House.

Comment

So, Trump was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. It doesn't prove a thing.
                Here is the scenario for the impeachment scene:

Comment

"... Trump was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. ..."

Uhhmmm......nope!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    "... Trump was caught with his hand in the cookie jar. ..."

Uhhmmm......nope!
                    Typical response, without any factual content.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post

Typical response, without any factual content.
                      Typical response with absolutely NO facts.
                      Just another "phishing expedition"!

Comment

Tell your (D) buddies to "batten down the hatches"!
                        The coming storm is gonna get rough!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...eir_faces.html

Comment

There are times when the best defense is a good offense.
                          Chess is not one of them.
                          Neither is impeachment.
                          Ted Bundy shook his finger at the judge.
                          He wound up in the electric chair.

Comment

Here's the Schiff "parody"!
                            Trump's right! Schiff needs to resign!

https://www.redstate.com/sister-told...-ukraine-call/

Comment

Clinton ( the rapist one ) signed a treaty w Ukraine....for mutual investigation of possible criminal matters.

Bidens son is dirty and Biden too, plus the deep state spook that took Bidens son's old position.

Is this new nonsense just the Squad killing Bidens run (push for warren).
                              Wasserman thing last time worked but got outted.

In this latest false fury.....the lefts supposed leaders look like theyre trying to do something ....to appease the folks that bought into the collusion crap

Comment

Congress is in recess, the inquiry will continue none the less.

A subpoena has been issued to Sec of State Pompeo to produce documents with an Oct 3 deadline or he'll be obstructing. Also 5 other State Department officials who should have knowledge have to make depositions.

Michael Atkinson the Inspector general of intelligence is scheduled to a closed door meeting with the committee next Friday. A Trump appointee, Atkinson is a prosecutor with decades of experience with Justice and asst to Attorney Generals etc. It was Atkinsons reporting of the complaint that got everyone's attention. He's considered very straightlaced and non partisan despite being a Trump appointee. When first reporting it he considered it "credible" and of "urgent concern" not the kind to conduct a witch hunt.

Intelligence is the committee in charge but Foreign Affairs and Oversight are also staying over and investigating.

A lot of papers and TV show this thing in a partisan light. For the career government workers, and even to some extent the politicians this is where they earn their paychecks. For some of them telling the truth is going to ruin their careers and cement their reputations forever. Joseph Wilson died today.

America is known for having a very corrupt political system, and legally so. I mean bribery is legal here, you just set up a PAC and the sky is the limit. That said using the wealth of the US to withhold desperately needed aid to a country fighting a war so they can invent dirt on your single biggest rival is pretty much over the line.

Yesterday polling on impeachment showed a 7% change from prior to the release of the redacted conversation, and that was before the release of the whistle blower complaint. Clinton was impeached in 2 months. Nixon resigned about a year after serious congressional investigations began while facing impeachment.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad