Views:	120
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	715036Click image for larger version

Name:	goodwyn_Impeach_lr_9-16-1920190916014455.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	715037

Comment

...and the (D)'s just keep falling over the MSM... or vice versa!

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/...tory-as-false/

Comment

Another day.

Yesterday the news was that Trump admitted to what he'd done.

Today was testimony from the Director of Intelligence, and the release of the whistle blowers doc. I listened to a good part of the testimony as I was driving. The DNI sounded like a basically good man, the Dems weren't so hard on him as I think everyone in the room got that he was a career military officer put in a hard position 6 weeks after taking the job.

From memory some legislators got an advance look at the whistle blowers complaint and that's probably what triggered Pelosi who has been so anti impeach up until this time. Politically it's not a good thing for the Democrats, and it's assumed that though they can impeach the senate won't convict. Based on the complaints, the immediate cover up, etc, it's pretty obvious to anyone who reads the original sourced material that Trump really blew it. Most Republican representatives are not stupid, I just don't know how this is going to end up.

Also in news today the latest immigration figures show the lowest levels of immigration in forever. I really appreciate that and doubt any Republican would do as well let alone a Democrat. Even with the phony asylum claims, the number of people in this country who shouldn't be went down. That has a direct affect on my income. I don't like Trump for a lot of reasons but in some important ways he has been effective where others failed.

If Trump is impeached I'm not at all sure I'd like what comes next. Pence is a lot more canny in the ways of Washington, and a lot less anti trade and anti immigrant, the two things I really like about Trump. Sanders has changed exactly 180 degrees since 15 on immigration. Warren is 25 years too late for the kinds of changes I want to see. I'm not an incrementalist.

Congress goes in break soon. At the rate things are going I'm not sure what will happen before then.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          The whole impeachment scheme is another "nothing burger"!
          If Schiff had the goods on Trump, why would he start the hearing with a parody of the phone call?
          If they had the goods on Trump, why not bring impeachment to the House floor for a vote?
          If Schiff had "proof" Trump colluded with Russia, why didn't it ever come out? Schiff lied?

https://townhall.com/columnists/mark...crats-n2553739
          Bugsy - You ask a lot of questions for a guy who never answers any.
          I'll answer your middle question first. Articles of impeachment will be brought to the House floor for a vote AFTER the evidence is put on the record.
          You already know the answer to the first question. The verbatim transcript of the phone call is buried in a classified database, and will never see the light of day. I think Trump is sorry he let the abbreviated transcript out.
          On the collusion question, the proof is in the Mueller report, but it was not considered sufficient to prove guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Comment

99 there is no crime called collusion, the Mueller report never used the word one way or the other. The report made clear the Russian attempt to affect the election and elect Trump, it also detailed that the Trump campaign sought to benefit from that interference, and that the Trump Whitehouse did a lot to try to interfere with the investigation of that interference, including obstruction which is certainly impeachable.

Impeachment is a political process, not a legal one. The President could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and not be impeached. Impeachment is getting the majority of the house to vote for it, conviction of impeachment takes more than a majority in the senate and it means the President is no longer President, but it isn't a criminal proceeding, it's political.

The President admitted that he called the President of Ukraine and by the transcripts offered a quid pro quo, military aid, for a new investigation of Trump's political rival Biden. He figures there's nothing wrong with that. There is.

The professional security staff, 10 of whom were listening to the phone call discussed going public, one did, he filed a whistle blower complaint which carries certain legal requirements and protocols, one of which is to inform congress. Trump's advisors flipped out and tried to put a lid on the whole thing, withholding from congress, redacting the electronic records, classifying everything so top secret that God has to ask permission to see it. Then someone leaked.

Last night Giuliani started talking, and won't shut up. Giuliani is the president's personal lawyer, and the person who acted as Trump's personal envoy to the President of Ukraine, also the person full of nutty conspiracy theories that the President's staff figures for a total nincompoop.

How this ends is anyone's guess. The public is very fed up with political infighting. The legal minutia of politics is beyond most. Trump fighting with big shot elite lawyers is a good place for him to be, a lot better than trying to explain why our streets are full of homeless and people get their homes repossessed over medical bills.

Comment

rock rat, whiney nine
              It says a lot about the content of a person's character when they accept proven biased garbage over common sense.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/...tory-as-false/

The American public needs to know and deserves to know WHO the whistleblower is and where and how they got the information.
              Schiff to open the hearing with a "parody" of the call turned the entire proceedings into a clown show for the (D)'s.

Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-27-2019, 10:20 AM.

Comment

As serious and important as impeaching a POTUS should be, would it not be prudent, to both the American public and POTUS, to base the impeachment on hard fact and not second hand info provided by a biased "whistle blower" that the prosecuting party, so far, refuses to unveil?
                ...and again, the (D)'s have Trump convicted before they can even complete their inquiry!
                What happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...laim-no-cover/

Comment

From Trump's election in November of 2016, he has been charged with unproven, unsubstantiated claims without a single, even low class, conviction. All brought forth by liberal accusers.

Liberals have cried, "WOLF!" so often, so long, I have a hard time finding any truth in ANYTHING they say!

Comment

rock rat, whiney nine

EVERY single solitary claim the two of you have put forth can be torpedoed as false accusations by biased media and obsessed liberal pols.

https://townhall.com/columnists/tuck...arade-n2553796

Comment

....and the liberal deception just goes on, and on, and on....!

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/0...whistleblower/

In all the links I've posted, if there is ONE shred of truth, impeachment is
                      a liberal farce!

Comment

If you want biased, low ratings garbage, go to CNN.
                        If you care ANYTHING about the truth, DO NOT go to "Chicken Noodle News"! (CNN)
                        Chuck Schumer was right when he said the 'Intelligence Community' has a dozen ways to get back at the President. Now, a lot of retired Obama analysts have written a letter standing with Impeachment. Who would have thought. The Deep State goes way below the ones on the surface as Trump is a threat to all of their job security and does not trust their 'product'. Rightfully so, as Presidents have been mislead before. The whole thing is corrupt and should be abolished. Trump needs to be reelected as there is a lot of work yet to do.

Comment

Jimbo - I remember that quote from Bubba.
                          It explains why he does not understand the other side of the argument, and has so many questions.

Comment

From Trump's election in November of 2016, he has been charged with unproven, unsubstantiated claims without a single, even low class, conviction. All brought forth by liberal accusers.

Liberals have cried, "WOLF!" so often, so long, I have a hard time finding any truth in ANYTHING they say!
                            The same could be said for John Gotti, the Teflon Don.
                            Trump is now the Teflon Donald.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post

The same could be said for John Gotti, the Teflon Don.
                              Trump is now the Teflon Donald.
                              In other words, you think Trump is guilty even if he's proven innocent.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Chuck Schumer was right when he said the 'Intelligence Community' has a dozen ways to get back at the President. Now, a lot of retired Obama analysts have written a letter standing with Impeachment. Who would have thought. The Deep State goes way below the ones on the surface as Trump is a threat to all of their job security and does not trust their 'product'. Rightfully so, as Presidents have been mislead before. The whole thing is corrupt and should be abolished. Trump needs to be reelected as there is a lot of work yet to do.
                                Trump still has a long way to go to "drain the swamp".

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad