Impeach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rock rat View Post
    first day of hearings were uneventful though it was interesting to hear (radio while driving) some of the principals testify. Things went as expected, trump has obviously attempted to bribe/extort a foreign head of state who is in a war with an expansionist russia, to concoct a story to embarrass his political rival biden. Trump said as much in his released transcript, the rest is posturing.

The house will impeach, the senate doesn't have enough votes to toss the thing out so they too will have a long drawn out series of hearings before deciding not to convict. All that is needed to have no senate hearings is 51 votes, that won't happen, to convict they need 67, and that won't happen either.

The only question is how much will this hurt trump in his election. Personally i think the way the dem candidates are so out of touch will be a lot more of a factor than the impeachment hearings. This is different than boinking an intern, i don't think the public will look kindly upon it. Putin is a thug. Russian oligarchs are low life mafioso, they are certainly not the kind of folks anyone wants their president to be besties with.

Ap and reuters are two non partisan sources if one really wants to read all about it.
    😴zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-13-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• I watched Kent and Taylor’s testimonies today and it sounded like a whole lot of “he said, she said” at a very sophomoric level. Same Schiff, different day....

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

😴zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
        What? No red state link to pass for thinking?

Comment

• Rock - You are right about the far left platform of the Democratic candidates.
          I am afraid Joe Biden is the only normal person running in either party.

Comment

• Uncle Joe “normal”? I don’t think he has a snowball’s chance in Hell of even getting the nomination. DNC will throw him under the bus before the convention.

Comment

• The Dem nominee will be someone who swoops in at the last minute - someone who has exceptional charisma, no baggage, with no regard for their political footprints.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                The Dem nominee will be someone who swoops in at the last minute - someone who has exceptional charisma, no baggage, with no regard for their political footprints.
                The latest is an Obama backed Deval Patrick. A two term Mass. governor. He is supposed to go sign up in NH soon.

Comment

• The RCP average polls for the month of October show Biden beating Trump in the general election by a score of 52.1% to 41.9%, a margin of 10.2%.
                  And that is before the impeachment damage is factored in.
                  And the DNC is keenly aware that although they may prefer someone else, their candidate has to be able to WIN.
                  Last edited by 99explorer; 11-14-2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Who is RCP ? Never mind, I don't believe their numbers anyway.

Comment

• Real Clear Politics (RCP) is the average of eight national polls, as follows:
                      RCP Average 10/4 - 10/31 -- -- 52.1 41.9 Biden +10.2
                      NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 10/27 - 10/30 720 RV 3.7 50 41 Biden +9
                      ABC News/Wash Post 10/27 - 10/30 876 RV 4.0 56 39 Biden +17
                      FOX News 10/27 - 10/30 1040 RV 3.0 51 39 Biden +12
                      IBD/TIPP 10/24 - 10/31 863 RV 3.5 53 43 Biden +10
                      Emerson 10/18 - 10/21 1000 RV 3.0 51 49 Biden +2
                      CNN 10/17 - 10/20 892 RV 4.0 53 43 Biden +10
                      SurveyUSA 10/15 - 10/16 3080 RV 2.1 52 41 Biden +11
                      Quinnipiac 10/4 - 10/7 1483 RV 3.1 51 40 Biden +11

Comment

• There may be some margin for error, but not a single one is in favor of Trump.
                        I believe there is some Democratic bias in the polls, due to the tendency of many Republicans to decline to participate in political polls.
                        Last edited by 99explorer; 11-14-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• The election is kind of off topic but... I think the DNC and powers that be would be happy with Biden/Harris/Buttboy/ or any other who will do their bidding, economically they are the same as Trump, paid by the same folks, supporting the same things. Only difference would be immigration, guns, abortion which truth be told for people with lots of money there isn't that much difference in their sentiments. The Democratic party hates Sanders, and they don't like Warren, they just hate her less. The Democrats have a lot of Billionaires in their party of late. Problem with Biden is he's such a goof ball he could lose. The whole thing is very fluid currently. Default-Trump wins. Things are so bad I'm not sure I'd be unhappy.

Comment

• On that witness intimidation thing, I saw that coming and called it, because he cannot sit still and watch TV without getting cheeseburger grease all over that twitter keyboard.
                            And mark my words, he is not through yet.
                            He will continue adding to the articles of impeachment as the proceedings roll on.

Comment

• Well, it seems Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch got the applause that Trump was expecting for himself at the World Series when he got booed by the fans.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/life...231400685.html
                              Last edited by 99explorer; 11-16-2019, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• To those Trump supporters who have been complaining that he is not getting a fair trial, I would remind them that the House impeachment inquiry is NOT A TRIAL. It is an investigation.
                                The trial will be held in the Senate shortly after the new year.
                                Stay tuned.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad