No announcement yet.

Impeach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trump Foundation has been closed by the courts for misuse of charitable contributions for personal use, including the purchase of $10,000 portrait of himself to hang in one of his hotels.
    Money well spent:-))
    He also has to pay a $2 million fine, and can no longer serve on any charitable foundation.
    Ditto for his children.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/president-...ry?id=66827235

Comment

• After weeks of complaining that the impeachment hearings were conducted in secret, behind closed doors, Trump is finally getting his way, with the hearings now open to the public.
      Here is what he is complaining about now:

"They shouldn't be having public hearings. This is a hoax. This is just like the Russian witch hunt," Trump said.
      Some background: Democrats announced the first public hearings in the impeachment inquiry will begin next week. Top US diplomat in the Ukraine Bill Taylor, State Department official George Kent and former US ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch are scheduled to testify.
      The public hearings will be conducted just by the House Intelligence Committee. Under rules passed by the House last week, both Democrats and Republicans will have 45-minute blocks to question witnesses in which staff attorneys can participate.
      Remember: Trump and the Republican party have criticized the impeachment inquiry, which began with closed-door depositions limited to the House committees directly involved in the investigation, for a lack of transparency. The House voted last week to formalize the impeachment inquiry, a resolution that included protocols for the public hearings.

Last edited by 99explorer; 11-08-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• '99, give it a break. there are 28 pages on this thread and 25 of them are yours/

Comment

• Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          '99, give it a break. there are 28 pages on this thread and 25 of them are yours/
          jimbo, I blocked "the Mouth" and lost 13 pages off this post.
          As my mother used to say, "He's just talking to hear his head roar!"

None of his posts are relevant to anything but stirring up and promoting liberal hate and discontent.
          Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-08-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Relax, Jimbo. Nobody reads my posts or the links.
            They are either in denial or they think Trump did no wrong in breaking the law for a good cause.
            Maybe some of them will wake up during the impeachment trial.
            Here is how Trump rewards loyalty:

Opinions
            Giuliani’s time to lawyer up

Comment

• Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              '99, give it a break. there are 28 pages on this thread and 25 of them are yours/
              Agreed Jimbo ! This constant crap by 99 is too much. Coming on the site and seeing only his idiotic postings is removing any reason to make the effort of being here !! He thinks his words are the only item of importance or validity. He must have a great need to feel needed, listened too, or just wishing to make a total ass of himself, which he has already accomplished quite well !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Agreed Jimbo ! This constant crap by 99 is too much. Coming on the site and seeing only his idiotic postings is removing any reason to make the effort of being here !! He thinks his words are the only item of importance or validity. He must have a great need to feel needed, listened too, or just wishing to make a total ass of himself, which he has already accomplished quite well !!!
                Bhr, do you know how to do a block?
                If not, let me know and I'll try to walk you through it.

Comment

• Thanks Bubba ! Yes, I have blocked one user recently. Am seriously thinking doing so with another who is really making this place suck !

Comment

• BHR -
                    Well said.
                    Trump could not have said it better.
                    No substance. Just insults.
                    To those who think Trump can do no wrong, it is no defense to say that Trump did no wrong.
                    He said so himself.
                    Getting back to substance, I think that one of the exceptions to the hearsay rule is that a hearsay comment may be admitted in evidence if the speaker is a witness who has refused to testify.
                    I am thinking about John Bolton and Mick Mulvaney.

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/b...aims-1.7184851

Comment

• Bubba - There are many on this forum who share your views, but I am sorry to say that you will never have the respect of intelligent people.

Comment

• SHOWTIME!
                        The impeachment hearings will be televised starting next Wednesday, and some of you guys will be learning things you've never heard before if you've been getting all of your news from one source!

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/ente...160600856.html

Comment

• Some nerve!
                          After ordering executive branch people (Bolton, Mulvaney) to defy congressional subpoenas, Trump now wants to subpoena Hunter Biden to make the impeachment inquiry all about Joe Biden, saying that failure to produce Hunter Biden would be proof of unfairness.
                          Pure chutzpah!

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...215257511.html

Comment

• Making up crimes.

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...making-crimes/

Comment

• Bubba - It is true that outing the whistle blower is not a crime (it is just reckless endangerment unless he is murdered in retaliation).
                              I am surprised that Prof. Dershowitz missed the following crime in his research. U.S. Code 301201. It doesn't speak well for Harvard.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/30121

Comment

• First day of hearings were uneventful though it was interesting to hear (radio while driving) some of the principals testify. Things went as expected, Trump has obviously attempted to bribe/extort a foreign head of state who is in a war with an expansionist Russia, to concoct a story to embarrass his political rival Biden. Trump said as much in his released transcript, the rest is posturing.

The house will impeach, the senate doesn't have enough votes to toss the thing out so they too will have a long drawn out series of hearings before deciding not to convict. All that is needed to have no senate hearings is 51 votes, that won't happen, to convict they need 67, and that won't happen either.

The only question is how much will this hurt Trump in his election. Personally I think the way the Dem candidates are so out of touch will be a lot more of a factor than the impeachment hearings. This is different than boinking an intern, I don't think the public will look kindly upon it. Putin is a thug. Russian oligarchs are low life Mafioso, they are certainly not the kind of folks anyone wants their president to be besties with.

AP and Reuters are two non partisan sources if one really wants to read all about it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad