No announcement yet.

Impeach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a great tabloid story you won't find sprinkled in the National Enquirer, published by Trump's buddy, David Pecker.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/life...145100486.html

Comment

• I shot a fairly nice one in August. First spotted it and another at 200 metres but they booked before I could get a clean shot. Both stopped at 280 metres briefly and this one finally turned sideways just as the smaller one decided to leave. Dropped it dead. Never even wiggled after it hit the ground. A heart shot with 165 gr 30-06 Nosler Partitions.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-23 impala.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	716561
      Wait ... this is Impeachment thread not Impala thread. My bad. Better get my eyes checked. What a mistake to think people would be so interested in some political trash that has nothing to do with hunting or fishing.

Comment

• Honker -
        Please read my comment just above yours.
        No political trash.

Comment

• Every time Trump tells us that the Trump National Doral in Miami would be the best place, the perfect place, the ideal place for the G-7 summit, he is getting in a free television commercial for his property.
          And since he won't be actually giving it for the G-7, he gets to say he was going to give it for FREE.
          And a mint on every pillow:-))

Comment

• Bill Taylor, the prosecution's key witness for the impeachment trial, testified before the House today, convincingly proving the existence of a quid pro quo.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...005258154.html

Comment

• A mob of GOP representatives stormed the impeachment hearings today protesting the secrecy of the proceedings.
              But 45 members of the Republican Party are seated in the hearings with equal rights to cross-examine witnesses.
              It was just a publicity stunt to claim unfairness.

https://www.axios.com/house-republic...fe90db264.html

Comment

• Well sir, seems what Mr. Taylor had to say was just so much more hogwash.
                Pelosi and Schiff know there is no "impeachable offense", but as long as they can keep the "investigation" (kangaroo court) behind closed doors, it serves their purpose as a smear campaign.

I have absolutely NO doubt, if there was one scintilla of evidence of "high crimes and misdemeanours", The (D)'a would publically march Mr. Trump down the Mall in handcuffs, Pelosi and Schiff both dancing in glee.

Comment

• That day may not be far off.
                  Bill Taylor's testimony just about guarantees an impeachment.
                  The trial will be televised, and the public can decide guilt or innocence, and vote accordingly on their Senators who come up for reelection, depending upon how they vote on removal.
                  There are 23 GOP senators up for reelection, and 12 Democrats.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ted&yptr=yahoo

Comment

• Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe, who is considered the foremost legal authority on impeachment, had this to say about the Trump impeachment proceedings:

“Lots of crimes, like tax evasion, aren’t impeachable. And lots of impeachable offenses, like using the power of the presidency to usurp Congress’s prerogatives, or shake down foreign allies by withholding congressionally appropriated military aid against their and our adversaries in order to enrich yourself or get reelected, aren’t ordinary crimes at all, but surely are ‘high Crimes’ in the constitutional sense,” Tribe continued. “Although as it happens in this instance Trump was indeed committing the federal crime of soliciting foreign help in an American election.”

Looking forward, Tribe said Trump’s abuses of power have already provided a sufficient constitutional basis for his removal from office.

“If the House impeaches Trump, as now seems certain after the testimony of William Taylor yesterday, it will do so through Articles of Impeachment that leave no doubt how this president violated his oath, abused his power, and betrayed the nation,” Tribe said, adding, “and he’ll have ample opportunity to defend himself in the Senate trial that will follow.”
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 10-23-2019, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Law professors have their own opinions just like anyone else, as do judges. If that is not thought to be a point of fact, then just look at the split decisions of the Supreme Court. If they all thought as one, there would be no need to have more ! Don’t get too hung up on one’s opinion !

Comment

• Someone posted earlier on this forum that many (unnamed) legal scholars were of the opinion that there has not been any evidence of presidential wrongdoing that would warrant impeachment.
                        Tribe's opinion is based on "bribery," specifically mentioned in the constitution as one of the grounds for impeachment.
                        Last edited by 99explorer; 10-23-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• There's impeachable offences and then there's getting a conviction in the senate. I think Trump committed impeachable offences before entering office, he will be impeached, and that's fairly obvious, it's going to be a big to do for months. Wether it will hurt his chances of re election we will find out.

Comment

• If Trump is removed from office in the impeachment trial, he will be ineligible to hold any political office for life.

Comment

• With Trump, "...all roads lead to Putin."

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/...125122000.html

I just checked, and the Treaty on Open Skies was ratified by the Senate, so Trump can't just repeal it by executive order. Thank God!
                              Last edited by 99explorer; 10-24-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                                There's impeachable offences and then there's getting a conviction in the senate. I think Trump committed impeachable offences before entering office, he will be impeached, and that's fairly obvious, it's going to be a big to do for months. Wether it will hurt his chances of re election we will find out.
                                You and 99 are gonna be SO disappointed.

What I find really quite contemptible is that Schiff won't allow the "other side of the aisle" to question or even subpoena witnesses.
                                A speeding ticket recipient is given more "rights" than Schiff is giving Trump.

You, rock rat, are a liberal.
                                You're more interested in smearing and damaging Trump than you are about discovering the truth.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump's pardon blitz
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  Impeaching a govt official who is no longer in office is not something new. The precedent dates to 19th century when a former cabinet member (Secty of...
                                  Today, 12:58 AM
                                • Trump's pardon blitz
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  I can maybe understand Trump pardoning some of his cronies in jail, but the Detroit mayor who's in jail for corruption and two rappers convicted of federal...
                                  01-20-2021, 10:02 AM
                                • Reply to Most useful thing ...
                                  by PigHunter
                                  I've upgraded much of my gear in the last 18 months. This has been a mild winter and I had no problem staying warm. Here's what's been working well:...
                                  Today, 12:52 AM
                                • Most useful thing ...
                                  by MattM37
                                  What's been your most useful new gear or clothing purchase the last few months?...
                                  01-25-2021, 04:53 PM
                                • Reply to Ammo Shortage ??
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  There is a video of Federal President and he said they are going full out 24/7. Showed us in a tour of the Minn Plant. Several reasons for hard to find...
                                  Yesterday, 11:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X