No announcement yet.

Impeach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitch - Biden is the likely front runner for the Democratic nomination, and the candidate most likely to beat Trump in the general election. Trump would benefit from eliminating Biden from contention altogether.

Comment

• I think rudyglove is no longer on this side of the grass.
      In one of his later posts, he said that he had Stage Four colon cancer.
      Of course, he could simply have stopped posting because of illness, or because of the shame we heaped on him for fudging the point system to get his name on the top of the leader board.
      PigHunter did the same thing over at Outdoor Life, but he is still with us on both forums.

Comment

• Trump's announcement that he has decided to abandon our Kurdish allies in Syria came as a complete surprise to the Pentagon, and is upsetting his GOP supporters in the Senate.
        I think the decision was contrived as a distraction from the impeachment inquiry, but could backfire on him if he loses support from the GOP Senate.
        It reminds me of the time Eisenhower warned Jack Kennedy never to reverse a military decision without consulting the Pentagon, and Kennedy impulsively reduced the air support for the Bay of Pigs invasion, with disastrous results.

Comment

• Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          If Biden doesn't get the nomination how exactly would the info Trump wanted help him in the election?
          Biden has about as much chance of being nominated as a snowflake has in Hades.
          If Biden gets the (D) nomination, Trump will be a reelection shoo-in.
          I can't imagine which of the cadre of ne'er do wells on the (D) dance card can keep time long enough to win the election.
          The ONLY platform I've heard out of the (D)'s is "beat Trump, free stuff, Medicare-For-All and open borders".
          If Schiff impeaches Trump, they only have "free stuff" for a platform.

Comment

• PH - It looks like we were typing at the same time.
            Too bad your post came through ahead of mine, but I will still respond.
            For the benefit of newcomers, let me explain that at one time we had a point system whereby the heavy hitters were offered outdoor gear to be tested for a gear review and KEPT by the member who tested it and wrote the review. Pictures of pickup trucks were shown in the announcement.
            Rudyglove scrolled back about two years in our pages and posted as an answer to a question three dollar signs ($$$), and hit the submit key 17 or 18 times in quick succession.
            That practice is called "necroposting," and quickly ran up a score of almost 5 million points at a time when I was second on the leader board with fewer than 2 million legitimate points.
            Gary Devine protested in vain, and then quit the Field& Stream forum in favor of Outdoor LIfe.
            PigHunter then did the necroposting thing on OL and quickly rose to the top of the leader board, saying that it was not illegal.
            I disputed his reasoning, and we have been at odds ever since. Now, whenever we disagree on something, he makes the dispute personal, and throws in an insult which actually weakens his case in the minds of intelligent people.
            I have never tried to get him kicked off the site, although his hostile attitude has changed the cheerful atmosphere that once prevailed here.
            If I should post a joke now and then, PigHunter often asks if I don't have anything better to do.

Comment

• Transcript of whistle blower complaint. https://www.justsecurity.org/66475/u...an-annotation/ A lot has been happening over the weekend and today, people seem to testify and hand over docs without the delay we saw with Muller. Trump has said some wild things, the Kurds, accusing Pelosi of Treason (capitol offence). Trump has a tendency to project, so whenever he accuses someone of something I figure it's an issue that has kept him awake and it's about himself that he worries.

Despite all this, I still don't see the 12 votes in the senate, and I'm not even sure how this plays out with the public. Reading I'm always suspicious of bias on the part of my sources. The viewpoints of well to do, educated at very selective universities, journalists, aren't necessarily reflective of regular folks I meet every day.

Comment

• "... his hostile attitude has changed the cheerful atmosphere that once prevailed here. ..."

It doesn't take a newcomer long to figure out WHO around here has a hostile attitude...and it AIN'T pighunter.

Comment

• Points? Gear reviews? Please tell me y'all are joking. Three dollar signs and entering 17 times? Sounds ingenius to me. Could care less about gear but love hacks.

Comment

• Rock - No joke. You've been with us since 2010, so you must have read the rules when you signed up.
                    I think you are right about the projection thing.
                    Trump called for the investigation of Joe Biden at Ukraine, hopeful of finding some wrongdoing, because of the knowledge that he himself would have been up to his ass in corruption if he had been in Joe Biden's shoes.
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 10-08-2019, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Here is the latest development on the whistleblower:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/gma/...184300457.html

I would bet the full transcript of the phone call will never be produced.
                        It may already have been accidentally erased.

Comment

• The reason Trump has been calling for an official vote on the impeachment inquiry is so that the GOP could subpoena Hunter Biden, and turn the hearings into a campaign event with Trump launching an advertising offensive against Joe Biden.
                          Nancy Pelosi wasn't born yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            Here is the latest development on the whistleblower:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/gma/...184300457.html

I would bet the full transcript of the phone call will never be produced.
                            It may already have been accidentally erased.
                            Odd?
                            The complete, unredacted transcript of the "Phone Call" HAS been released.
                            Why do we need "Whistle Blower I" or "Whistle Blower II"?
                            To blow Schiff's "whistle"?
                            This is such a sham.
                            Schiff and Pelosi need to be charged with treason.
                            ​​​​​​​
                            https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...d-the-document

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              The reason Trump has been calling for an official vote on the impeachment inquiry is so that the GOP could subpoena Hunter Biden, and turn the hearings into a campaign event with Trump launching an advertising offensive against Joe Biden.
                              Nancy Pelosi wasn't born yesterday.
                              H. Biden isn't the only one the (R)'s want to subpoena; and an ad campaign AIN'T the reason!

Your liberal "cranial-analitis" is showing whiney nine.

Comment

• With the D’s pulling all the strings they can find to oust a sitting president, why is it forbidden for the R’s to use any defense to see that the BS of the D’s is defeated ? But when that defense is stated, the D’s claim it is a campaign event, but it is of course not so according to them when they use their tactics ! How can ignorant children be dealt with without getting down in the mud with them ? Take the gloves off R’s and get muddy !!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad