No announcement yet.

Racism ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Young Kid in 3rd grade teacher was talking about the 1930 Gangsters as all Italian's and Jews, and Irish Gangs killing each others. My mom said not all Italians are Bad People or Jews Or Irish, their good & Bad in all races. some worse then others.(1947)

Comment

The person who is totally getting shafted in every form today, is the white male ! He has no grounds for ‘racial’ complaint, none for gender complaint, and certainly no affirmative action benefits ! Women can scream about sexism, black women even more so, black males or latino males, but the white male is without a voice in the entire issue. How there are those who think giving advantages to one group, or groups, while removing them from another is fair, is beyond me !! If true ‘equality’ is desired, then take the good with the bad, not only the good parts of being equal, but the whole package !
      Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 09-16-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

There is a new revelation about how the George Zimmerman trial was stacked against him in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, with a substitution of witnesses.
        I don't know how this got past the prosecutor.
        Don't they ask to see ID?

https://www.press.org/events/press-c...g-trayvon-hoax

Comment

Conceptually, affirmative action was not a bad thing, because its objective was equal employment opportunity.
          This meant that employers were encouraged to advertise for help wanted in minority publications and recruit on historically black campuses.
          But over time, it became perverted to require preferential hiring and promotion in order to satisfy an "effects" test.
          Failure to achieve the desired effect was accepted as proof of unlawful discrimination, despite the best efforts of the offending parties to reach the target goals (quotas) set for proof of compliance.
          This led to the emergence of "two-fers" (black women counted twice), and "three-fers" (black women with Spanish surnames counted thrice).
          Standards had to be lowered (height requirements for police officer, etc.).
          The ends of justice have not been served.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
            The person who is totally getting shafted in every form today, is the white male ! He has no grounds for ‘racial’ complaint, none for gender complaint, and certainly no affirmative action benefits ! Women can scream about sexism, black women even more so, black males or latino males, but the white male is without a voice in the entire issue. How there are those who think giving advantages to one group, or groups, while removing them from another is fair, is beyond me !! If true ‘equality’ is desired, then take the good with the bad, not only the good parts of being equal, but the whole package !
            The fact that no white male living today is responsible for anything a woman or minority suffered long ago means absolutely nothing to the zealots. Many of them would read what you said here and say, "Good, it's about time!" And if you say much more, they can just brand you a Trump supporter or at least a conservative, which means you'll have zero credibility in any discussion outside the ones you have with fellow Trumpites or conservatives. This has all been calculated, fostered, encouraged. Conservative used to just be another political viewpoint. For most of the under-40 crowd now, it's as dirty a label as racist or sexist. (Cause that's just what it means, in their limited view.)

Comment

I once worked for a company that had a vigorous affirmative action program.
              An acquaintance of mine, who was a department head, was forced to select a woman as his assistant.
              Shortly thereafter, through a series of lateral transfers, she became his boss!

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                I think there is a persistent racial problem that is inherent in affirmative action, and that is the practice of "reverse discrimination."
                Persons of certain minority groups are given career advancement in business and government to achieve goals (quotas), and there is a stigma attached to such advancement in the eyes of non-minority members.
                Just like the 'Peter Principle'.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  There is a new revelation about how the George Zimmerman trial was stacked against him in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, with a substitution of witnesses.
                  I don't know how this got past the prosecutor.
                  Don't they ask to see ID?

https://www.press.org/events/press-c...g-trayvon-hoax
                  Regarding that incident, nothing would surprise me as to what was covered up, or that was lied about. It is the opinion of the media and powerful political sources to see to it that only the side of one culture is reported on as victim in order to appease and protect a people who appear to have no faults, are only victims of a white society, there being no responsibility for the actions or deeds of said culture ! If there is ever to be true equity, the guilt for wrongs must be equally reported, shared and accepted by the black community. They can not always claim to be victims.

Comment

Demand less, get less.

We've dumbed down the schools so others dont get left behind. We have allowed the normalization of unhealthy behavior (having kids out of wedlock)......to fracture a once successful social model.

Integration was to show some how things could be done..
                    ..an awareness and change based on proximity to success.

But it didnt work. Instead it was a corruption. Of course there are exceptions/ success stories. Not enough for the financial and social costs.

Some people are just different. Some dont want to assimilate.

Programs than champion diversity at the cost of character....are a poison.

Character......MLK spoke of that.
                    But today the left knows character doesnt mean anything. They have none, so blow smoke up peoples butts by being champions of color and sexual preference.

And with the promise of free stuff or a fake sympathy of a supposed struggke.....they use these people as pawns, to effect social change.......that further reduces the chance of success, continues the actual enslavement of the populace.

The strongest chain of slavery is an entitlement mindset and i for one am tired of the BS.

Was sympathetic back in HS. Thought folks could be educated, enlightened.

Saw them and the system for what it was before i graduated and everything ive seen since....solidifies my view.

Color, gender, religion....no excuses.
                    Be good or be gone.
                    Last edited by CD2; 09-17-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Zimmerman deal most never heard

Comment

The Michael Brown deal IIRC was suicide by cop. He just robbed a guy and would have lost his state funded college because of it. He knew that....why he walked down the middle of the street and later went after the officers gun.

But the media spin was different and gave a bunch of thugs the go ahead to burn and loot. Thankfully some store owners protected their stuff by show of force.

Amazing how the dad or whatever....could stand on a car and say " burn it down" and not be charged.

Guess maybe the city wanted some stuff burned down, cheaper than full demo costs.

My boss, cool guy
                        Big guy. Said that place was always a **** hole. He was big n black and wouldnt set foot there LOL

Comment

....Zimmerman deal most never heard....!

A very good post cd2. The only problem, it makes too much sense and will never be believe, or even listened to, by those who have a closed mind, because their only thought in this issue is racial. When race is injected into anything, intelligence, reasoning, or any form of common sense is absolutely erased from logic. But then, when mental midgets only obtain their ‘facts’ from other mental midgets, there is very little logic to be expected ! The huge gap between the two cultures involved in our societies is that of a tribal issue, one which will never be solved because of the ‘mental midget’ factor. Only education will be a possible eradicator of this problem, and that has been lessened with the dumbing down of our schools so certain cultures are not held back. This of course only exacerbates the entire issue, worsening the problem and leading to more ‘mental midgets’ !!
                          Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 09-18-2019, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Designed to fail.

Comment

Here is a brief article by a Colin Kaepernick admirer who doesn't understand why the former quarterback does not become a full-time UNPAID spokesman for racial justice now that he has so much free time on his hands.
                              What the author fails to realize is that Kaepernick thought he could have a professional football career AND be a celebrity civil rights icon at the same time, and all at the expense of the team owner.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/spor...184734096.html

Comment

Kaepernick WHO ? Who as in WHO in hell cares ??? ‘WHO’ has had his 15 seconds in the limelight, more than he is or was worth. Now, can we move on to something of a little more importance which could of course be ANYTHING !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Give them all they need ...
                                  by 99explorer
                                  Simple explanation of the emoluments clause.
                                  When a U.S. president receives payments from a foreign source, he has a conflict of interest, which...
                                  Today, 07:29 PM
                                • Give them all they need ...
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  I think President Trump is giving the MSM all the rope they need to hang themselves. When he thinks he has enough evidence to make his case I think he...
                                  10-19-2019, 08:47 PM
                                • Reply to Snapshot
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Don't know that I've ever had enough cash to be overly concerned about a "money belt"! LOL!
                                  I've never carried over about $1500.
                                  Today, 07:27 PM
                                • Snapshot
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  What do you use for photography while hunting, traveling, around camp ? Digital or 35mm or other ?
                                  I am taking my old 35mm Ashi Pentax this year...
                                  Yesterday, 04:28 PM
                                • Reply to Snapshot
                                  by PigHunter
                                  "Not much blue tooth crap is durable enough for my lifestyle. Can't imagine what would happen if the canoe tipped over wearing that stuff. Your voice...
                                  Today, 07:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X